stomach grumbles on adderall

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by glitterfly, Apr 6, 2006.

1. glitterfly

glitterfly Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swim hates her stomach growling when she's trying to work on adderall!!! GRRRR she hasn't eaten since she ate a piece of pizza approx. 3 hours before adderall (like 8 hours ago) so that the adderall would kick in, but her damn stomach just won't shut up and eating is such a distraction! what do y'all do? eat right before adderall? during? not at all? I has tried just eating a little thing here or there (every couple hrs) to make her stomach shut up but it only keeps it at bay for 20 min or so :mad: swim knows this has been discussed with meth but adderall allows for slightly easier eating she thinks

2. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Although my prescription is not Adderall (Ritalin), I've had the same symptoms in the past.

Nowadays I can eat any time (assuming I'm not so focused on the task at hand that I do get up to get something from the fridge), but when I first started my prescription I always ate a meal with my dosage.

It's a good habit to get into. Not only does it help the growling stomach, since your filling your stomach up with food, the digestive system kicks into full gear. So if you swallow your pills and then eat, the Adderall is likely to kick in a bit faster than on an empty stomach, without the gut ache.

Also, I eat a lot bananas, yogurt, grapes, etc... All very healthy for you and it takes 5 seconds to eat each of those. So stock up on fruit. They're ideal for a quick study snack that won't disrupt your concentration.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2006
  3. glitterfly

glitterfly Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks for the advice! yeah i switch my prescription back and forth from adderall to ritalin and back again. yogurt... that's a good idea. i guess it doesn't help that i'm a poor college student w/no car so very few opportunities for grocery shopping. i usually end up on a pizza and saltine diet sadly enough. :( pretty much the only fruit i get is what i jack from the cafeteria but ya know what damnit, i'm gonna buy some grapes this weekend!!!! maybe some applesauce!!! ;)

4. jardo

jardo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    I'm also a college student, was once poor, but not currenctly. (moved back home for family reasons..)

Which is why I meantioned the fruit.. fruit and yogurt is pocket change, especially yogurt. I used to go through 4-5 little cups a day :p. I geuss the no car deal would suck, I was fortunate enough to have the luxury :p

Glad to help though!

5. Boomx2Brian

Boomx2Brian Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim just ignores it. For some odd reason, the feeling of hunger allows Swim to stay awake better and feels better than being full.

6. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I had this an hour ago as well, though I am on Concerta(Alza 36)I haven't eaten sinds yesterday evening, half past 9 (19 hours ago)I had just eaten 2 tostis and doesn't have a rumbling stomach anymore now.

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    If you don't eat - you will drop DEAD. The stomach does not rumble to tell one it is being a pain: It rumbles because one needs to feed it.

Imagine This:

At the Emergency Room: "Doctor! My problem is my stomach rumbles and growls and makes me dizzy and queasy!"

"What have you done for this?"

"I keep giving it amphetamines and it won't shut the fuck up!"

"Nurse - bring me a Chapter 13 Pink Paper and call his relatives....."

"Doctor! Don't be an asshole! Give me a script for some Adderals! Asshole <cough! cough!> I'll get you!"

8. MegaLab420

MegaLab420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I agree with Nagognog2 110%!

Many people disregard the need to add nutrients to their body when on meth/amph and this will certainly lead to a number of issues, one being nothing but bile and cigarette smoke in your stomach! YUCK!!

Force yourself to eat if you happen to be on either or. Drink Gatorade or a drink that provides you with electrolytes and try not to chain smoke. Sometimes SWIML geeks out on cris for a few days and he force feeds himself to avoid this very problem, and every time, it works.

9. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I alway's stuff myself before i'll use speed, and eat lot's of meat and fibers afterwords.And ofcourse, drink lotts of fluid and take plenty of vitamines.

10. Fleecegold

Fleecegold Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Take a good multi-vitamin, and other supps like Fish oil caps (their great for heart health) and Protein shakes really provide you with the aminos your body needs, they are an instant meal.

11. glitterfly

glitterfly Newbie

Reputation Points:
    lol nagognog you are somethin else but of course you're right, and recently i've been much enjoying the delights of smoothies and also soup when food sounds so aversive