Stop smoking with cocaine?

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by tyrantfour, Sep 18, 2006.

1. tyrantfour

tyrantfour Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swim's been smoking cigs for well over a year and cant go an hour without, until a few weeks ago he started hittin the white lines more and more often and since then has been smoking less and less? hes gotta pack of smokes in his pocket but just dosent feel like taking them out.
    is there any correlation to lack of nicotine buz to the need for a coke buzz?
    :hoover:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2007
  2. wellhelm

wellhelm Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    I do not know if there is a correlation but replacing smokes with coke does not sound like a good idea.

3. jdrug

jdrug Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've never smoked cigarettes, but it seems likely that the cocaine buzz is so much more intense, that the nicotine craving just doesn't register. Cocaine is well known to suppress appetite and many say they reduce the speed of their alcohol consumption when doing coke (although often end up consuming more as the window for drinking is expanded). It stands to reason that the coke feeling is so much more powerful, the other "needs" just seem to fade away.

That said, you'll probably see several "that's a bad way to quit smoking" responses...

4. tyrantfour

tyrantfour Newbie

Reputation Points:
    not meaning to trade cigs for coke, just brought it up as a "did you ever notice" kinda thing. swims finishing the last of an 8 ball and cant get more cause of no money for 2 weeks, no cigs either, by then a coke craving may still be there but not likely for a smoke, catch 22
    the only way to quit a deadly habit like smoking, is to get yourself addicted to a deadly drug...

5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find this interesting. He generally smokes much more whenever he uses stimulants. Amphetamines are the king of this, but coke also increases his urge to smoke.

Definitely wouldn't recommend this method anyhow. Replacing a substance with another addictive substance to fight addiction just doesn't seem to work.

6. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    There's actually quite a lot of evidence that nicotine/cocaine reinforce each other so that You is MORE likely to crave cigarettes when on cocaine..

SWIJ has some stuff which will make it into the archive when she has a spare 5 minutes.

7. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Nicotine and cocaine use are probably reinforced through similar (if not the same) routes, which is why their use could reinforce each other as Jatelka says. also as Bajeda already mentioned, many lab rats get strong nicotine cravings on cocaine and other stimulants.

Really, the drugs that seem most likely to curb cravings for nicotine are psychedelics. Particularly NMDA antagonists, I believe.

Interesting though that it works for you. Although replacing nicotine with cocaine probably isnt a long-term solution, for health and financial reasons.

8. tyrantfour

tyrantfour Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thats very interesting, when I got to work today he smoked a few of his normals smokes and it tasted more rough to him, got back pleasant after a few more later on...lol
    so what kinda situation is swim in that hes reacting so differently? maybe its something else making him not feel like reaching for a salem?

9. freedomordeath

freedomordeath Newbie

Reputation Points:
    dont worry you will smoke and drink more and more the more you hit the coke...and ..I would advice strongly against smoking it!!!Do not try that..;its extreemly dangerous ..;i ve seen sucsesfull people loose everything in 6 months of freebasing ,their health ,their mind,their families and friends...You would thruly do everything for a new hit..of course do as you like...but its the most dangerous drug swim knows..;and bloody expensive!

10. tyrantfour

tyrantfour Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swim only uses powder and salems are a brand of cigarette, swif confused swim a bit as I hasnt had a drink in months

11. Danc9552003

Danc9552003 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    I know where you're coming from, but he's been freebasing for a year now and he still has all his prized possessions... He has a decent job so he can have fun now and then, but it's not to the point to where he is constantly thinking about his next hit or anything. Some people just have more will power to say no when they cant afford it, and luckily I am one of those people. Of course, when I get done with a good night of foily's, waking up the next morning for work is NEVER fun!

As for the original post, I have no idea why, every friend of my who smokes ciggs always smokes about 20 times more than if they weren't on the cola.

12. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Thats weird, SWIM dont smoke too much, but after SWIM blows a couple lines of yayo, he NEEDS a cigarette, or three right after

13. naturespirals

naturespirals Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    swim smokes a LOT with coke, only because of an oral fixation. smoking cut down on swim biting his nails very drastically, plus swim hangs out(and does coke) with smokers and usually goes through a pack in a few hours. not due to nicotine cravings, but due to oral fixation.

14. torr_aox

torr_aox Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM craves nicotine like no other when dancing with the white lady. But, smoke (of any kind) increases the production of mucus which clogs the sinuses, and that makes the snorting significantly more difficult. So I get a can of chewing tobacco whenever he is planning on doing coke. Cottonmouth eliminates the need to constantly spit and using only a little at a time (so your lip isn't bulging out) makes it virtually unnoticeable. A word of advice: Don't forget it's there and kiss anyone. They won't like it and may take it out on your most prized appendage and his little swinging friends.

15. MMoralN10Tion

MMoralN10Tion Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Re: stop smoking with coke?

That's how SWIM mainly quits it...stops smoking cigs on during the times he's trying to take a break from coke. Basically, I get more focused on smoking a cigarette, and thus, does not crave cocaine as much.

16. THeGaME--

THeGaME-- Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: stop smoking with coke?

This thread made me ROFL. Kicking a smoking habit by doing cocaine is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard (sorry OP, I dont mean any offense) but it is really funny to me.

Hope you can kick the habit :)

17. titans58

titans58 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    60 y/o
    SWIM's husband died of crack addiction. It was his choice drug and couldnt kick the habits from the 80's till he died in 04. Due to the everyday use of it he had a abused his body and it had swollon up his esophogus. One morning while eating his morning 1 day meal before he did his drug all day at a famous fast food resturant he choked on his food and layed humped over for way to long without oxygen to his brain. He was brain dead by the time anyone noticed him and call for help. I think smoking cigs is way better than using the excuse your trying to quit so u do the other...lol Come on sounds like a way to addiction to me. It doesnt sound like You is doing this drug in just a social setting but to kick 1 habit with gaining a more worse one. Not a good thing. Neither 1 is good but pick the lesser of the 2 evils.

18. anonuser30500

anonuser30500 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o from U.K.
    I know a lot of people who stopped smoking the Bob Hope, or Bob Marley, after picking up cocaine (generally crack habit) or a heroin habit.

Happened so often you'd spot people who were veering into the bad stuff due to the fact they no longer scored a basic smoke.

As for using coke to cut down cigarettes, it might stop you buying cigarettes.

A true junky will usually ponce 20 ciggies a day with ease, as they bounce from A to B, to score C or H from X Y or Z.

I mean they often have no money left to buy cigarettes?

Your on the right track if you still have 'a brand' you smoke (and purchase)

I do give cigarettes away to the ones who catch me.

Sometimes. :smoking:

19. RedBaron

RedBaron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from Canada
    For Swim it is the opposite. Whenever he uses coke or other stimulants the urge to smoke seems to drastically increase. Nicotine its self being a stimuli, is a way Swim figures will add to his total rush. Which is why whenever a line is railed a smoke is soon to follow, just a habit.