Storing - Storage of 5-MeO-MiPT ( moxy )

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by xwinorb, Jun 9, 2005.

1. xwinorb

xwinorb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I would like to know how long 5-MeO-MiPT will last stored at RT, whithout any special precautions, in a small glass vial.

My main concern is, is this compound similar to psylocibyn or psylocyn ? I know these two degrade FAST when exposed to air. Vacuum packed mushrooms ( I have allways vacuum packed mine in plastic bags ) last for years, exposed to air maybe less than a month.

Would like toknow specially if someone has actually kept 5-MeO-MiPT in storage whithout degradation for some extended period of time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010
  2. gn2osis

gn2osis Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    The 4-substituted tryptamines (like psilocin) seem to be especially vulnerable to breakdown, unlike some of the others. This breakdown occurs when they are exposed to moisture and oxygen. (I still don't know the exact reaction that occurs, and would love it if someone could explain it.)

I don't know about 5-Meo-MiPT specifically, but in general, if you keep it cold, dry and dark it should last for years. Keep it in the
    freezer if possibly, making sure to thaw it before opening so that condensation of atmospheric moisture doesn't get into the powder.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2007
  3. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    itll turn yellow, aside from that its perfectly safe to keep it stored in a dark cool place for up to two years.

4. QGdoxl

QGdoxl Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    44 y/o from Canada
    so does this mean you can not mix with water or alcohol? For some that is the only way to measure accuratly!

AFOAF was thinking about gettting some and he uses water to store and
    measure his stuff, anyone gots some pointers for him and 5-meo-mipt?

Long term storage and measuring?

5. xwinorb

xwinorb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I never used mixing with water or alcohol for anything. Since I don't have an electronic scale in the 0.01 g range ( the one I have has a minimum resolution of 0.1 g ) I use a plastic mechanic scale, that has a minimum resolution of 25 mg ( 1/40 of a gram ). That is, cursor placed in between two traces at 0.0 g and 0.05 g.

Then I spread the powder over a sheet of paper and use a knife / painters brush to divide the powder in two or three fractions, or to trim out a bit,and to return unused part to container.

For 5-MeO-MiPT, it is easy to measure 12.5 mg or 10 mg ( just split in half for 12.5 mg; just trim a bit out of 12.5 mg for 10 mg ).

For 2C-B, same, only easier because typical 2C-B dose is 25 mg.

5-MeO-MiPT is the smallest dose of anything I ever had to measure. I agree is not very accurate, but if you are careful you can measure it I guess with 10 % accuracy or so.

Before actually weighting anything, calibrate with cut pieces of aluminum and a good electronic scale ( e.g., weight 0.1 g al foil, cut in four pieces, see if the weight is correct ).

If you have the money buy a good 0.01 g scale.

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Oh for Allah, Jesus, Sanity Clause's sake! Please stop eating the stuff for one week and buy a good electronic balance! Arrggghhh! Won't cost you more than about $200. I played with a bunch and can highly recommend the Tanita 1210-50. Google it. You'll find it. Man.....! Accurate to .002gm. Please??

7. xwinorb

xwinorb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have seen posts on the Tanita, I would like to have one but I can't spend the money right now. Just in case, I have measured four times 25 mg ( Al foil pieces cut with scissors ), put it all togheter, and both the plastic scale and the electronic agreed it was 0.1 g.

I recomend buying a set of calibration weights and check your weighting scale periodically. Edmond Scientific has it in several ranges of weights. It is in my list of things to do.

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bliss! And please get tech here and handle the weights with clean tweezers. Just the oil from your skin can throw the calibration off. Now your doing it right! Save the money! YES!!

9. Dimitri

Dimitri Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    My experience with the storage of Moxy is the following:

Friend of a friend gave a capsule with 5mgs of 5-Meo-Mipt ordered in
    2003 from a american Research Chemical supplier to my friend (this was in the middle
    of 2004). The capsule was not airtight and stored in southamerican
    climate in room temperature. Friend gave it to me beginning of 2005, I
    ate it last weekend (June 2005). Between I opened it several times, to
    weight it or to smell...

It was more potent than I expected it to be from the reports I read and
    DEFINITELY more potent when calculating any degration effects.

So I think it is pretty stable.

10. jaguarangel

jaguarangel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Dark, cool and dry seems to be the rule of thumb.

11. Voices

Voices Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    another simple question:

Is 5-meo-mipt hygroscopic? IF 5-meo is not hygroscopic, then can a simple test be done?

Anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2006
  12. oldman

oldman Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    5-meo-mipt storage in liquid

having recently read a thread on 4aco storage and it's suseptibility to degradation when exposed to humidity. I was pondering the question that if one were to store their 5meo-mipt in distilled H2O or ethanol (say 1mg per ml), how long would it take before it degraded significantly? a day? month? hours?

13. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would be concerned about loss of potency on the order of days, but there is not much specific info on storage of 5meo's in solution. Overall, tryptamines are fragile, so the least amount of exposure to moisture, light and heat is recommended.

Snapper

14. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I am also unsure about this but has experience trying to store liquid miprocin and it just does not work. Most phens seem to be very stable and will mix well with high proof alcohol. You can simply store them in the freezer for decades! Even your whole life I have heard. Tryptamines seem to be much more sensitive though. If no one can find an answer to this then maybe I should just dillute a dose and save it for a while. If it is allready mixed then you might be out of luck but maybe next time you can store it in the baggie, in an airtight container with a dessicant. I have heard that this method works well because it keeps the chemical away from hummidity and heat if you put it in the freezer. I have just read about 4-aco-mipt and it might not be the best idea to keep it in the freezer, he is unsuer about 5-meo-mipt. A dessicant will help though and it is likely that you can keep it at room temperature, mayne another swim knows.

15. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think this idea applies to the stability of the 4-AcO-MIPT from certain sources/batches but not others. I have had several mg sitting in a capsule exposed to light at ~70 degrees F for over two weeks with no discernable change in either its color or its dry granular texture. No idea if the potency's been affected, though.

Some 5-MeO-DALT has retained its potency stored air-tight in the dark at RT for several months before being transferred to a freezer for longer life.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  16. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had also noticed no temporal degredation of the 4 acetoxy mipt. niether does it make sense chemicly. sense would tell one its hygroscopic with all those oxygens and carbons, but that does not at all seem to be the case.

17. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I agree that the 4ho/aco/XXXTs are generally fairly stable especially when kept in the freezer. it has been noted that under similar conditions to those mentioned in radiometer's post I has noticed no degradation that is notable. the instaant that any sort of attempt was made to dissolve this into liquid though resulted in the very rapid change in color of the liquid to a very dark black/purple color and some potency was lost. how much is unknown as the control for that particular experiment had some issues with it and the data could not be properly collected due to this the next day. in swim's experience as far as 5-meo-XXXTs go 5meodipt stored well in the refrigerator(not freezer) very well and was in perfect condition months later. 5meodmt also was found to store almost perfectly with no discernable change in appearance or potency after being left in a room temperature environment for several months. withh the 5meoXXXTs liquid may not be the best option but why bother when you can just as easily fridge them or just leave them out under a light next to the heater and not have them change much at all. DPT also was found to be extremely stable in this environment. Phenethylamines do seem to store almost perfectly in a dry cold environment or in most liquid or just laying out as long as it isnt for an outrageous amount of time.

18. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Which conditions? I mentioned a small sample left exposed for an experiment, as well as a stash kept carefully airtight.

(btw that 4-AcO-MIPT never did change color before being disposed of about three weeks later)

19. treefingers49

treefingers49 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I know that back in the day, the earliest batches of 4-AcO-MiPT were quite sticky and hard to work with. SWIM ended up buying some from a supplier with his assurances that he had his made with a different synthesis that was a dry powder rather than a gooey substance. I have had this "new" batch for nearly a couple of years now, and noticed the powder has changed to a more greyish color, but the potency is still the same.

20. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    5 meo mipt stored in a capsule in a dark cool place for 3-4 months lost absolutley no potency.

The only 4 aco mipt i have worked with was a very white powder. I placed a small sample of it in distilled water and after 2 days the water became brown and the aco mipt had lost potency.