Storing Amphetemine Base

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by afroh, Mar 12, 2005.

1. afroh

afroh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have just recently come into contact with a good source, butwants to keep it for a festival in late June. Is it possible to store it until that time with out losing any potency?

*AfroH*

2. DrugPhreak

DrugPhreak Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    75 y/o from iceland
    Sure, that's fine. Why not just convert it to the sulfate though? That would increase its shelf life even further.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

3. Nadia Snow

Nadia Snow Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it would be in your best interest to use/dispose ofthe "goods" when you find the best available opportunity. the drug loses its potency/expires in 6-7 months. & this is according to my prescription label so its accurate for amphetamines/dextroamphetamines.

I still have residue, leftover amphetamine powder lying on my dresser, covered with wax paper. i hope it didnt completely lose its potency since its been exposed to air. its even less potent if its in powder form.

are u in nyc?

4. Nadia Snow

Nadia Snow Newbie

Reputation Points:

I have been reading chemical synethesis of methamphetamine & understand alittle about the process but i'm still a "rookie"

Back to my question...how would you convert the powder to/with? sulfate???

5. DrugPhreak

DrugPhreak Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    75 y/o from iceland
    Amphetamine and methamphetamine freebaseare oils. Amphetamine freebase is almost always converted to the sulfate (phosphate)as the HCl is very hygroscopic. It's only a matter of titrating with sulfuric acid to convert to the sulfate. You can just dissolve some in acetone and then drip H2SO4onto it with some stirring until it all precipitates.You can store the freebase for a decent length of time as long as it's stored well. Use one of those glass containers thathavethe thick rubber rim around the inside of the neck with the two snap clips on either side. These jars also work well for storing cannabis too, but that should really be vacuum sealed and wrapped with a lot of duct tape first since it spoils so fast... even large bricks. Even though it's not a phenylacetone (which are normally kept in the freezer)storing it in the frig is also agood idea.SWIDP has gassed meth freebase that was sitting (with three volumes of non-polar)for close to a year and the product was fine. Just store it in one of those bottles and keep it in a cool dark place and of course don't keep it in an unopened container as amphetamine freebase volatizes readily at RT.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

6. afroh

afroh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Thanks for the help[​IMG] will put to good use

*AfroH*