Storing Hash Oil

Discussion in 'Hashish & BHO' started by powderhead55, Mar 25, 2006.

1. powderhead55

powderhead55 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I was planning on making some hash oil, he plans on using 91% rubbing alcohol (highest %age they sell) and a half oz of weed, letting it soak for a few days then evaporating it little by little over the course of a few days, the only step he hasnt figured out yet is how to store it... havnt seen any posts on it so any suggestions on how to store it? also anyone have comments on my method? thanks

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Oil extracted with iso-propanol is about the lowest grade oil going. No matter what one does, for some reason it still smells like a medicine cabinet. Whatever. The greatest enemy to THC is light. This is especially true with THC in solution. So the best way to store such would be in total darkness. Temperature also plays a factor. So frozen in the dark would be ideal, unless one has a cylinder of argon to use to pack it under as an inert gas screen - or a vacuum pump.

Bongo has seen fine honey-oil that was forgotten about, but stored in the dark at room temperature for a year. It still did it's evil work.

3. powderhead55

powderhead55 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i read that too and was pondering doing the pvc/honey oil extraction so im not positive yet, i had an idea to take a vial and color the outside with a black sharpie to prevent light from getting in

4. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim stores hash oil in amber viles in a freezer.

When smoking/vaping hash oil, here's a good tip. Get some charcoal (smoking charcoal used for hookahs) at your local headshop. Light your charcoal and place it in a ceramic bowl. Now, take a metel "poker" and stir it into your hash oil (those street cleaning brissles work great!) Next hold your long metel poker (with a glob of hash oil now at the end) right above the charcoal until your hashoil drips onto the charcoal. Then use your bell/tutor/whatever to inhale as the charcoal vaporizes the hash oil. Yum Yum!

1. 4/5,
      good tip on frozen storage in vials
      Mar 18, 2013
Tags: