Strange experience could be a dangerous sign

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by RET, Apr 15, 2019 at 2:28 PM.

1. RET

RET Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from England
    Hi looking for someone's advice in what to make of this experience. Firstly fitness wise I would consider myself to be very fit in terms of power whilst moderate in terms of cardiovascular endurance.

Scenario
    I had been awake for 28 hours working when I arrived at a friend's house, worked for another 3 hours and had a 2 hour nap before everyone arrived for a get together. During that night I consumed 3 pints of beer, 2 shots of gin, just under a gram of coke, I'd estimate 200mg MDMA. At this point I'd had 2 hours sleep in the last 40ish hours too.

I decided to have a little go on a joint nearing the end of the night (about 4 tokes). I must add here my tolernece to weed is very low as I rarely smoke. And recently I've had really strange experiences with weed since my first large LSD stip last year where I would actually start tripping from weed.

About 10 minutes after I really felt like I was going to be sick and that's where my experience turned weird. I got to the toilet and the tiles were moving, seriously like the visuals from LSD which was quite confusing. From here on things are really blurry and confusing on the order of events. I kept coming into "consciousness" or awareness at different stages, like with the toilet seat in my hand (I'd broke it off), my head down the toilet (though I was never sick) or me kneeling/fallen on the floor. I was aware that my breathing was rapid and I was sweating uncontrollably. My entire body was actually drenched in sweat it looked like I had actually been in the shower.
    This happened for 20 minutes according to friends however it seemed more like 1-2 hours for me.

My friend came to check on me to see me soaked in sweat, naked, sat on the toilet with my eyes rolled back. When he said are you ok, I snapped out of it and was relatively ok from then on still a bit confused as to what happened and what was real from the last moments.

During the trip I was talking to my friend the entire time, later to be told that I was in fact alone and not talking at all.

This hasn't happened before and I was looking for some advice or opinions. Thanks and sorry for the long story.

2. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Imperial Wizzard Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany, Federal Republic of
    Dude!

I would feel weird too, with that mix of drugs inside me.
    What you describe sounds like a weed induced panic attack while already on too much of too many different drugs at the same time.
    You were lucky you stayed inside nd didn't have the idea to ride a car or similar.

one drug at a time, eh?
    the only thing you have out of this event is a certain grade of embarrassement.

Your report is another good example how consuming alcohol lets all reason go out of the window. You've wasted good drugs on a weird experience.
    Careful with alcohol and using other drugs on top. that can easily get out of hand. And it's not only the inhibition towards doing more drugs, it is the social interaction, too, that lacks decent performance with growing "highness".

Do you have any persistant issues now?
    How long ago did this occur?

BBW

3. angelraysmehigher

angelraysmehigher Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    While not as severe as what you've described, I've had some not so enjoyable times from smoking weed when I was using meth a lot. Seems that cannabis can create for some crazy highs when taken in combination with other substances. But in saying that I was using both meth and weed virtually every day last year and my bad experiences were not, I believe that other factors are at play also, stress being the major one.

I've not read or come across anything to confirm this 100%, so take this for a grain of salt, but I believe the body's state of health and the level of stress/exposure to stressors are the probable cause for these sorts of reactions. From your scenario you've described, sounds like your body, specifically, the HPA-axis (Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal axis: the neuroendocrine system governing the stress response and adaptation to stressors) may have gone haywire as a result of the exposure to the various substances you had consumed that night, in addition to the major stress that sleep deprivation causes on the body as well as the number of hours which you had been working and actively using your brain. Exposure to stress produces cortisol which isn't a bad thing but it can have damaging effects in excess. So there's that to consider as well.
    Without knowing for certain the purity of the drugs which you had consumed, then there's the potential for cutting agents to have been consumed as well, so there's another source of toxins being metabolised and adapted to by the body also.
    Plus the alcohol too. I know for me, I can rarely enjoy alcohol and weed together.

Seems to me that your body was under some chronic stress already and the weed has tipped you over the edge. Although you might have been feeling fine prior to having the cannabis, (and that is the remarkable thing about our human bodies - they are dynamic and articulate at functioning and keeping us alive and well without us consciously even being aware of acute internal dysfunction) the effects of cannabis and it's interaction in the brain with certain neurotransmitters has caused some havoc and your subsequent experience. And that's without considering what could be going on with the other substances that had been taken and simultaneously interacting with your neurotransmitters.

Again, this is not information from a reputable source but only my own conclusions that I've made from my own experiences and lots of research on stress and how drugs interact in the brain. When I experienced my first few bad trips from weed it was almost always when my body was under a lot of stress at the time (poor diet choices, lack of sleep, long work hours and shitty shifts, meth, probably dehydrated, higher stress from relationship and workplace conflicts etc.)
    I was pretty dumb last year and consumed a lot of meth without considering having days off and was working two hospitality jobs, eventually, my body shut down and I was forced to stop and rest as I developed chronic fatigue. (There's a lot of conflicting opinions about chronic fatigue but that's another discussion..) Anyway my point is, toward the end of my meth-work binge was when I really noticed I struggled to handle smoking weed and I believe it's because my body was just so taxed, over-stressed and run-down and my brain depleted of neurotransmitters, that I couldn't handle the effects anymore and it would onset those unpleasant highs.

So in my opinion, I think that your internal systems were overwhelmed, especially the neuronal communication in your brain from the drug combinations, causing the subsequent effects on your mental and physical state. I would exercise a little more caution with drug combinations, and especially with consideration to how rested, you are both in body and mind, prior to how much and what you decide to consume when enjoying recreational substances in the future. Take care, stay safe and party safe. ;)

4. RET

RET Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from England
    Thanks for the rely. Firstly there was no embarrassment just confusion. We don't judge people in that way.
    There have not been any noticble effects however this only happened 5 days ago.

I'll agree with you with weed induced panic attack and too much alcohol, these substances have never agreed with me and have decided since never to mix alcohol with drugs again, I don't like being drunk anyway.

5. TheBigBadWolf

TheBigBadWolf Imperial Wizzard Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany, Federal Republic of
    That sounds like a good decision :D I've made the experience that whenever I made a real dumb (or embarrassing in hindsight) decision they were always made under the influence of alcohol.
    Stay well!
    BBW

6. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    68 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
    Omg, I would have been under the table on that combination of substances. Any one of them would have been sufficient to whack me out--but mixed together, I can barely imagine.

I have no sage scientific input to contribute. I just want to thank you for posting this frightening story in such a well-written way. It is indeed a great warning to other users to be very careful and selective about the drugs they choose to use, especially mixed together. You sound like such a rational fellow--I wonder what caused you to break out like this and take such risks? Oh well, we don't always know, do we?

Weed as the "frosting on the top" has driven me over the brink on several occasions. I don't handle it well all by itself, and I certainly don't handle it well as the coup de grace to an already over-the-top drug experience. Thank you for reporting as you did, and I am very glad that you have recovered quickly and apparently have no lingering shadow effects.

I bet you will be MUCH more choosy the next time you take drugs!

7. RET

RET Newbie

Reputation Points:
    26 y/o from England
    Hi, yes this dose is very high and I would not recommend anyone especially any new drug takers to take these amounts. A number of factors play into my favour (or not) when dosing.

Firstly I'm rather larger with a high metabolism. Weighing in about 105kg or roughly 241lbs of mostly muscle I'm very fit and stand about 6ft too. So if you are a normal person then I'd seriously consider ignoring the doses I took and figure it out.

Secondly I seem to have a very high tolerance, at least compared to my friend for drugs like coke and mdma considering I don't so drugs more than once per month. Whilst my tolerance for drugs like acid and weed are very low. A major factor is here that I don't usually drink, at all. I don't like being drunk so I usually steer clear and at most have one pint.

Another factor is that we were doing the drugs over a course of roughly 10 hours, and I was really tired. I know what you are thinking, Being tired surely made the drugs worse? Perhaps, but the effects were possibly not noticed by myself at the time due to the extreme tiredness so I already felt very strange.

I would really like to add anyone reading this new to drugs, please please do research because these are NOT normal OR safe doses for most people. They weren't even safe doses for me, and I really should take this as a warning sign not to be stupid. We are all human and I would consider what I did a reckless act of stupidity. HOWEVER, done correctly and not abused, drugs can be extremely fun and aid self discovery. (sorry to get all old man mode)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 11:34 PM