Experiences - Strange marijuana experience...need answers...

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by D(a)StoNeR, Feb 13, 2007.

1. D(a)StoNeR

D(a)StoNeR Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sorry for the length but I had to describe everything fully to make you guys understand what he was feeling.

Hi everybody, about a week ago I got ahold of some "BC Bud" aka "British Columbia", pretty high grade stuff, not too potent but just right. I don't normally smoke hydro but he is quite fond of the feeling you get when you are very stoned and it feels like your body is rising or falling when you close your eyes. I have posted about this before, but for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about I'll try to explain how it feels. Have you ever been laying in your bed at night almost sleep but still awake and it feels like your body is falling and you grab onto your bed sheets like your holding on? That's how it feels when you lay on your stomach and you are stoned and you relax your body fully and clear your thoughts, SWIM refers to this as a form of meditation, but I cannot achieve it without cannabis. But anyway, on to the point, SWIM enjoys this feeling but has not been able to really achieve it because I have been smoking good mid-grade weed and SWIM's tolerence has built up, so when I got this weed I smoked about 3 bowls out of a bong in, let's say, 2 hours.

I went to bed and attempted to get the feeling, I had achieved it but by this time I was very stoned and on the verge of passing out. Here is where it gets strange, if it already hasn't, lol. I had clearer dreams than usual, everything looked like a dream but it just felt more real, it wasn't as cloudy, there was more detail to it. Like for example, I had conversations with some chicks outside of a movie theater and he can almost remember them word for word. I was reading up about something like this before and SWIM believe they are called "lucid" dreams or some other type of dream, but there are 2 types, but I am pretty sure it was lucid.

That however is not the strangest thing that happened though, here is the main thing I want to know about. At some point of him being passed out, he came to a point where it felt as if he was being pulled from his body. He felt physically half way out of his body and half way in his body, like this force was trying to pull him out of it, but it's like SWIM held on for dear life. This experience did not last long, but during the time that it did I felt that if he didn't hold on to his body and let go that he might die, or be lost in some type of void, never to return to life again. I did not see any of this visually, he only felt it, he didn't have any visions during this, but he remembers screaming(not in the real world, in this existance he was in, so no one heard him), "Please God, let me live". He felt almost as if the force that was pulling him was God himself.

I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this or anything close to this. He doesn't believe it was a OBE(Outer Body Experience), because from what he reads they are usually visual and he saw nothing, only felt and heard himself scream those things out. If anybody has experienced anything close to this would you please send me a private message, I'd like to discuss it with someone who has experienced it as well.

PS: Sorry about the length again, but also I have another question so I won't have to start another post, it's just a small question that's kinda stupid. Is BC Bud a strain of weed or a category of weed? I went back to this dealer and I've gotten 3 different strains of weed from him since then, they are all hydro, nicely crystal coated, he says they are BC Bud as well, but then I have my friends saying they've heard of this British Columbia like it's a strain or something, so I don't know. Any help on any of my questions is greatly appreciated.:smoking:

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    What You experienced is very common. I have often had similar experiences. The sensation is probably caused due to the psychedelic properties of marijuana intercepting the rather unpredictably delicate balance of those early minutes of sleep. SWIM never thought of the experience as spiritually as You seems to however. SWIM usually just accepts it for what it is and enjoys it.

3. D(a)StoNeR

D(a)StoNeR Newbie

Reputation Points:
    It wasn't a feeling of enjoyment though, I felt like I was going to die without being able to fully experience life. I enjoyed the dreams, the chicks were definatly hot in them haha, I enjoy the feeling of the body high, it's just when I got to that point, which I doubt was the early minutes of sleep because I had already had dreams and what not, I never experienced that, I didn't really look at it as being spirtual though. I only explained the feelings of the body high to help the readers understand why I would smoke 3 bowls of hydro.

4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Gee. Stoner, you act like you have had a perfect life up to now.

I have had MANY bad dreams in my Life.
    I assumed that everyone has had them (with or without getting High first).

I have also had several Highs which were NOT Fun.

At the least, you now know that a person can have a lousy time.
    Welcome to the REAL world.

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Well said Solidly-here. There are too many wishy-washy little threads like this throughout the forum and people need to be pointed in the right direction from time to time. What next? Marijuana makes my toes hurt?!

6. Zombie_Terri_Schaivo

Zombie_Terri_Schaivo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    BC is just weed from canada, it's usually just average, but You can get dank on occaision

I live in seattle, so SWIwe get a shitload here.

7. xctico

xctico Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from costa_rica
    It sounds to me like you had a lucid dream, un ensueño, drugs can some time help people get to that state but they are certainly not necesary... I've had many ensueños without the need of substances and subject Q has had many aided by substances...
    It's a natural reaction to panic when you start to experience such a journey... but there is no reason to panic. If you find yourself in that situation again... first of all, come to the realization that you are in a dream, pay attention to the details, look at the place you're at carefully, pick an object and focus all of your attention on it, the object might have looked familiar at first but you'll notice that it aint... the whole place you're at is not one that you know... it just reminds you of it... look at your hands, they are not the same as always, because you're no longer in your body... Once you start paying atention you'll be able to start exploring that world.

A few years ago I had many lucid dreams in a short period of time, I travel to many places and meet many "people"... I've had a few of those dreams lately... the thing with those dreams is that one needs to be careful not to get too obsessed with that other place...