Street questions - heroin

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by 788.4, Apr 20, 2006.

1. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    A friend of is wondering how one would score on the streets. He lives near a very large city known for its heroin. He thinks a specfic section of the city that is known for this type of activity and is wealthy would be the safest place for a person to go.

There are 2 parks located within a few blocks of one of the major needle exchange programs. According to their website that needle exchange program recieves about 100 visits in the 3 hour window which it is allowed to be open for each day. It appears a high traffic area for users.

My friend is young (18), skinny, and pale. He dosn't really look like he could possibly be a cop. My friend thinks such an appearence would be advantageous.

He is thinking about following someone as they leave the needle exchange program and approaching them about a block later. He can do things like this very discreetly. He would then ask them if they could give him a tour of the neighborhood, offering them money. He would look for a young person, who appears desperate, but not crazy. My friend is wondering if this is a good idea... or if anyone has any advice.

2. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Sounds like a very bad idea. Buying off a random person means they can sell you anything or worse, they could steal your money or beat you up.

3. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Street folk love ripping off young weak looking kids. All profit and no threat of retaliation. Also - those street powders are handled by lots of people with lots of interesting health disorders. Just some food for thought.

4. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I was under the assumption that street heroin in that city was extremly pure.

According to the DEA:

5. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I don't know which city it is, all I know is if there is profit to be made, people will do it. It really depends on how many links in the chain between supplier and end user for purity. Don't believe the DEA for testing and value appraisal. They have a vested interest in scare tactics and they don't test every flap. In fact they might have tested thousands they confiscated and found ONE was "as high as 90%". That is the most they found, not the average. They like to show the exception, not the rule.

6. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Could the above method be used by me in order to obtain the contacts for another substances, lets say LSD?

7. zero

zero Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Where there's a needle exchange, there's dope nearby. It's not the greatest idea but if you have a decent amount of street knowledge you could do it. It's always a possibility you'll get ripped off or get your ass kicked. You could always do a couple of distant stalking missions and watch where people from the exchange go to buy their dope, it's almost gauranteed that they're buying on the street.

It should be added that I was a 20 something white male when he was using back in the day on the south side of Chicago. He quivered for the moment that an inexperienced person would approach him and ask him to pick up for him. With reassurances, smooth talking and personality I would get the guy to give him the money while he went into the projects, bought dope with the guys money and then used an alternate exit to take off with the dope.

8. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM dosn't think he would be able to trust any of the people he meets on the street with all his money. To ensure that he would get his dope he would have to give them enough money to buy the dope, and promise that they will get more money when they bring the dope back to him. Obviously, doing so would be very expensive.

I am thinking that he could pay someone he meets near the needle exchange clinic to give him a tour of the neighborhood, showing him where to buy and stuff like that. Then I could approach the dealers himself.

Do you think I am better off approaching someone who looks like they live on the street or someone who looks better off but is still a client of the needle exchange program?

I am very perceptive and might even be able to spot dealers without any help.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2006
  9. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    LSD isn't really just floating around the street dealers. I wouldn't recommend getting any drugs from the street. Most drugs that one does find there are the ones with greater addiction potential and profit, like coke, H, and meth. But SWIM also knows of streets in one of his hometowns that are full of nothing but weed, mushroom and X dealers. The powder dealers have a different neighborhood.
    Bottom line is that I don't really think anyone will say it's a "good" idea to do for any drug. But if one does it they should be aware of the risks - mugging, bunk stuff, getting ripped off, police etc.
    Trust is something that is hard to build, let alone with a homeless stranger whose only purpose around you is drugs and money.

10. junglistNside

junglistNside Newbie

Reputation Points:
    going off stereotype and "profiles" isnt your best bet towards a sucessful score. One would be safer and would be more likely to establish a consistant situation by befriending some people. No one knows your friends exchange, but most have couches and even offer coffee and such. Hang out for a bit, see who the freindly heads are. The ones everybody knows by name. Ever hear the phrase "fools rush in"? Don't jump the gun, go back frequently. Even try to secure a volunteer position at the exchange if there is time, It lends credability. Establish a relationship with the locals, be known as much as trying to know them. As shady as addicts can be, people still tend to look out for each other to an extent. At the same time don't place too much trust or get too comfortable. Your friend shouldn't carry large $$ if any at all. If it is more beneficial to your new associates to do right then take off they probably will. A consistant kick down will make it worth the new pals time and makin some x-tra daily is always a welcome prospect. If ya got the guts and can get pointed right try to make contact with the dealer directly. Much safer all around. Suprisingly enough cabbies and hookers are good sources for info. Drop a few dollars on em, be careful doin so with the hooker you may get pinched for solicitation. Be clear you just want to talk. I hope some of this helps, my streetwise friends have passed this info along so you can hope to be safe. Oh one last pointer, a short "spin dry " in your local inpatient detox is consistantly the best place to meet people, get good food 3 meals a day and take a little time off. People I have spoken with say they always come out with new friends, you can usually get in for free if you are willing to wait a few days for a free bed, or use your insurance if you have it. Good luck, be safe, and remeber the best bet is to just stay away all together;)

1. 3/5,
      great response
      Apr 21, 2006
  11. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Id say talk to your normal weed dealer or someone who you have had positive experiences with before and ask him if he knows where you could get some heroin. usually even if they dont sell in normally they know others that do and can hook something a little better up than just approaching strangers.

But if you are going that route then junglistnside has a good plan for you, it introduces you into the culture and gives you some credibility if you ever get in trouble with the law.

12. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    My friend went to that area. The needle exchange clinic was deserted because they weren't doing needle exchange at the time (state law limits how many hours a day they may exchange needles). The program does have various harm reduction meetings/classes. Attending one of them might give my friend an oppurtinity to meet some people.

It was very easy for my friend to spot homeless people, but he wasn't able to tell which ones were the junkies. Most of them were kind of sketchy and my friend didn't feel comfertable approaching them.

However, my friend was able to locate 2 dealing crews, and he probably could have found more if he stayed longer (he had to go to work). The dealing crews consisted of 2 men who would sell the drugs and 1 look out. They switched sites every ten or so minutes to avoid the police. After observing them from a distance my friend was getting ready to approach one, but someone got their before him. My friend walked around the block and when he came back they were gone. He noticed a police car parked at the end of the block. They must have moved on to a new site (or went home) and my friend could not find them. He also couldn't stay much longer.

My friend gathered from watching a few transactions that there is a certain way which you conduct business between the two dealers. You give the money to one of them, get the drugs from the other, put them in your mouth, and take a sip from the money man's drink and walk off.

My friend however lacks the confidence to approach these dealers next time. He is not familiar with the street slang. He was going to use the word "bag", but didn't know if that would work. He also wonders how to begin a transaction with them. Should one walk up to them and just say "got bags?".

After visting that section of the city, my friend thinks that the dealers wouldn't try to rip him off. He thinks that if they suspected he was a newbie with no street knowledge that they would just flat out not sell to him, because doing so would put them at risk of getting caught by the cops.

Does anyone have any advice for my friend (on street dealers, and meeting people at needle exchange?) He is so close, but still far away.

13. These Forensics

These Forensics Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you are hell bent on buying from these guys that you have been observing, pick up your balls and walk over to them the next time you see them. Be prepared for everything though, it would not phase me if when you questioned them they stuck you up or beat the shit out of you. But then again, they might be just looking to make green and hand you your shit and in that case you found yourself a new hookup. The dope game is no joke, be aware

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016
  14. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Your right. It does make a lot more sense to find a dealer who you can consistantly buy from in private as opposed to buying on the street. I should tell my friend to focus more on finding a dealer and less on getting stuff from streat dealers.

My friend wanted to thank me for giving him the information you guys gave me. It was very helpful.

15. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Shit in this big city you can go to the local Mcdonalds and buy a big mac large fries and a coke and when you walk out the door you can get your needles, some horse and some distilled water.....

Just look around and approach the right people......

Sometimes you hit gold and find yourself a good trustworthy dealer....

But what do I know I live in hell ;)

^^^and beleive me...it is....

16. These Forensics

These Forensics Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm planning on taking a trip to hell soon, what exit do I get off at?

17. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Get off on exit 999 and head south on I-666....keep going until it gets hot....take a left at the flaming cross and go down two blocks and park in front of where the no legged hooker midget sits outside of the house....look for a white goat and go down the hallway...third door on the right....ask for lucifer

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  18. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    I was hassled for alluding to the fact that Needle Exchanges are _theoretically_ a place where the kind of connections you are referring to might be made.

SWIM, while not advocating this method, used it himself when arriving in a new city. He actually got a couple referrals from the staff member he had become friendly with over the course of a couple visits.

- Beltane

19. kingkenny

kingkenny Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am in much the same situation as the original poster in this thread, he lives in an area that is very well known for weed dealers, is approaching these people and asking them if they've got/can point him towards anything stronger a good idea? He shares the same physique as the original poster aswell but doesn't see it as an advantage, but he guesses if he just leaves his phone and wallet at home the worst that will probably happen is he gets smacked around a bit and his money taken, which he'll live through.

20. Herbal Remedy

Herbal Remedy Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That's quite a guess, I hope he is not wrong about that one...