Health - Strong Recommendation on the Long Term Use of DXM

Discussion in 'DXM' started by PhoenixOnPhire, Feb 21, 2006.

1. PhoenixOnPhire

PhoenixOnPhire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    STOP!

STOP!

STOP!

..if only for a month.

Yes.. this is a drug forum. For people who do drugs. However, I have noticed a lot less questions from new people and alot more of the same things over and over. DXM was the first drug I ever actually took a little more than a year and a half ago. I have done it countless times and have had good and bad experiences (mostly good). I am freshman in college second semester. Last semsester I did it probably once a month.. if even that, college is a crazy time in itself so its hard to recall. The point I am trying to make is that DXM has become way too overused. I feel I am largely to blame for my campus's introduction to the substance, as I am hearing terms like Robocaps combined with 15mg in casual conversation. For those of you out there who are doing this more than once a month and think its ok, its not. It is not healthy to do at all, period. But if you are going to do it as often as you can (that's called addiction) try once a month. Not only will your body thank you, but your trips will be more enjoyable due to partially cleaning our your system (ridding yourself of any major resistance to the drug).

<Main Points>

Drugs are harmful to your body. (hello?)

When you want something often and satisfy that need as often as you deem possible, that my friends is addiction.

Be safe, be smart, drugs should be a way to explore the world... not escape it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
  2. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yea its better to space out your trips with a couple of weeks in between each one. Alot better on your body and mind.

3. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Hey, as long as your hearing Robocaps, and not CCC's thank god people are doing something right. Everyone I know that has done DXM before (which is a decent amount) probly 90% of those did ccc's and wouldn't think of using Robogels or syrup. I don't even think many of them know what drug it is that gets them high. Either way SWIM convinced as many of his friends and he could and some were smart enough to change, others aren't and aren't convinced of the risks. I agree that you should spready DXM use out though, mostly due to the fact that it's a dissociative. I have been screwed in the head for a couple days from this stuff before after rolling 1 night and taking DXM the next. It was like a DXM afterglow for 2 days. He use to use probably once every weekend or 2 but has given up using it 100% for the past 3 months or so since that 2 day afterglow thing. BTW, the afterglow was not a good thing because he had sports activities to do and work which he had to call in sick for both.

4. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Some drugs might be harmful to your body, especially if taken so frequently. You mention frequent that DXM has become way too overused. Well, it seems like you were clearly overusing it, but there are lots of people who are more responsible with their use. Once a month seems like quite a bit. I would seperate the trips by atleast two months.

You are right though. People should be smart with their drug use and this is what forums like this are for. Moderation and knowledge are the key. It all comes down to the individual though. People will do what they want to do reguardless of weather it is bad or not. People just need to be informed about the drugs they make so they will know the negatives and positives and make their decision based on both negative and positive effects. When the negatives outweigh the positives, you might want to reconsider your drug use. It seems like in your situation the negatives started to outweight the positives. Maybe you were using DXM to escape? That is very negative. You should never use any drug to escape. The effects are so dependent on your mindset. SWIM wishes you the best. Hopefully everything works out for you but maybe you just need a little break. Being sober never hurt anyone.

5. PhoenixOnPhire

PhoenixOnPhire Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I wasn't expressing my own problems from the drug because I only once had DXM effects be more negative than possitive. I have just been seeing too many friends turn into these confused zombies inbetween their trips and all they talk about is DXM and pot and occasional other things.

6. Aaron

Aaron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I wait at least one week between trips. Any more than that and the effects can seem dulled. As for what is mentally healthy, that depends on the person. Anything can become addicting, and nothing is good in excess.

7. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    People use worse drugs every day. Alcohol, tobacco, Benzo's, Amphetamines etc. I think the point you want to make is don't use anything to escape. Honestly people die every day virgins.. that to me is a sad thought; more so then the addict.

*sips his coffee*

1. 3/5,
      DXM is much worse to use daily than most of the drugs you listed.
      Apr 1, 2006
  8. Dreeker

Dreeker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    100% agree, though my BEST MOST AMAZING trips were my first 15 or so, i have done ~80+ trips, sometimes even 10 trips in a week (last year) and it just fucked up my year so bad, i got addicted and then i just quit cold turkey, switched to working out again, now i do it ~1 or so times a month
    but in the last 8 months maybe 5 or 6 times

9. LucidDeathTrip

LucidDeathTrip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I agree with bcStoner; most people don't know what drug they're taking when dexing. It's just CCC's to everybody, if I mention DXM they get all excited and ask what it is because it sounds cool.

Once a month seems right on the money to SWIM. Plenty of time to reflect on the last trip and take into consideration what he is doing to his body/mind.