1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Drug info - Strong Sedative available OTC.

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by whoru007, Jun 3, 2012.

1. whoru007

whoru007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from india
    Hi Guys,

SWIM travels frequently from across the world from India/Asia to NY and CF/TX. Flight takes very long and after reaching SWIM faces difficulty in sleep and feels restlessness due to Jet Lag and constant meeting. I would love to know few things,

1. Suggest some good and strong Sedatives/Sleeping Pills (Hypnotic effect would be plus) available OTC (something like Benzo et al). Effect must start in 30-60 mins after taking orally and must not last longer than 8-10 Hrs. Lower the side-effect after wake up better it would be. I can easily get prescription from Doc (Either in India, Kuala Lumpur, NY and CF). Heard about laws in USA so I won't mind getting something from an Asian country.
    2. Good mood enhancer (something which can act like LSD but not difficult to get OTC).

2. ex-junkie

ex-junkie Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Take a look at this list. I wouldn't bother with benzodiazepines when there is a non-addictive alternative that works just as good/better in some cases.

Attached Files:

3. whoru007

whoru007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from india
    Are you sure about that AFAIK Benzos supposed to be stronger than any First Generation Antihistamine (such as Diphenhydramine and Doxylamine) correct me if I am wrong.

4. dala

dala Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    sedative antihistimines i find to cuase a grogginess hangover the next day.
    Etixolam is a non prescription, non controlled sedative, it is probalely the easiest to get. It is not primary a tablet for sleeping but it has effective sedative properties...
    only not sure of its legality in others countries...

dala added 7 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

I dont think there is any OCT product that is going to be a mood enhanser like LSD, maybe you coulld try the Research Chemical market, 25-X-NBOMe products seem to have somehwat simmilar effects although I havent tried them as yet. Maye you could go mushie picking in whatever part of the world you are...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  5. whoru007

whoru007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from india
    Ok so are there any drugs available upon Doc's Prescription for Sleep which are strong? I would love to know them. Research Chemical Market are you kidding? It could end up in anything (sorry for this). I am interested in Mushrooms but not much idea about their effect and mostly how to get them?

6. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Melatonin is used to treat insomnia and should be available over the counter in most countries. Some countries may require a prescription though.

Melatonin is natrually produced in the human body and many other forms of life so it is considered very safe, with everything from pill tablets to brownies made with it.

7. (NS)-M-Lo-Reason

(NS)-M-Lo-Reason Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think what the above poster said as far as sedative antihistamines being stronger than benzodiazepines has to do specifically with their ability to induce sleep. My manticore finds that antihistamines quite reliably produce a natural tiredness in him at recommended doses, although next day grogginess can be an issue. Benzodiazepines can and do induce sleep, but in his experience this is not always the case, and a lot of times (in particular the z-drugs, which aren't benzos but are a likely drug to get a prescription for if one goes to the doctor about insomnia) the sleep induced is preceeded by alarmingly stupid and reckless behavior, usually in the midst of a blackout, and in his opinion this is not a situation one would wish to experience in a foreign country, unless one is interested in paying lots of money to avoid serious legal trouble.

Might I suggest something which I believe has not been mentioned, but my manticore swears by for sleep. Kava root, taken the traditional way in drink form is an amazing sleep aid. It is legal in most parts of the world, has few side effects in normal doses (my manticore has gotten quite intoxicated from a large dose of it, and this manifested in severe drunkenness, vomiting, equillibrium impairment and immediate "head hits the pillow" sleep). It comes as either a root powder, which one would put into a fine mesh material and squeeze the fine particles through to eliminate the coarser grain garbage, pills containing the root powder which my manticore has been known to crack open, mix with water, and drink, or extracts which he finds are a waste of time and an even bigger waste of money. They are very expensive, work only sporadically, and are difficult to prepare a drink out of which he finds is the best way to achieve real effects. By the way, the taste is not very pleasant, think cayenne pepper, cinnamon and dirt mixed into water, but it has rapid local anesthetic properties on the mucus membranes so it is kinda pleasant to drink if one likes to reminisce on the disco era (if that is too cryptic for you I apologize). Anyway happy traveling, Asia and India are wonderfully humbling places to visit, full of gorgeous women, good(ish) food (China not so much, let's just say Panda Express did not prepare me adequately for the torture I would have to go through to receive sustinence in rural China) and new and exciting cultural experiences. I hope this has helped!

8. whoru007

whoru007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from india
    I should reformulate my question.

Need something that can Induce Sleep, I don't want to remember anything during sleep (I already have immense thoughts during work), Less grogginess (I know it can't be none), must act for at-least 4-6 Hrs, Getting doctor's prescription is not a big deal. I don't want Kava or any other thing which is not a tablet and can't be swallowed.

Apart from that I holds a business visa so there won't be any legal trouble (People where I live are very much helpful). Please help me.

whoru007 added 17 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Need something that can Induce Sleep, I don't want to remember anything during sleep (I already have immense thoughts during work), Less grogginess (I know it can't be none), must act for at-least 4-6 Hrs, Getting doctor's prescription is not a big deal. I don't want Kava or any other thing which is not a tablet and can't be swallowed. Pills with Hypnotic effects will be excellent if not thn suggest some hypnotic tabs which can be taken along with above pills.

Apart from that I holds a business visa so there won't be any legal trouble (People where I live are very much helpful). Please help me.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  9. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Maybe you overlooked my post, or maybe did not see it. You are looking for tablets, Melatonin comes in tablets, gel caps, powder, or liquid forms and is meant to be taken orally. Here is an expert from Jet Lag Wikipedia document.

Hypnotic? Not so much, but you will be asleep so it will be hard to remember anything while your brain rests.

10. whoru007

whoru007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from india
    Can someone or some noise wake me up between I don't want any disturbance in sleep?

11. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Are you tryin to rape someone?

I ask because you want to know about memory so much, I think that you should look elsewhere for "Knock em out" pills

12. whoru007

whoru007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from india
    Are you fool. I clearly mentioned the use in my first regarding its use. Why someone has to do a rape when you can get so much desperate girls in the world. ;)

13. [tanarilla.]

[tanarilla.] Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I think that doxylamine is the best, I used it to 'wean' off Zopiclone, and I was happy with the results. After I've been taking Zopiclone for 3 weeks to re-establish a sleeping pattern [I had to re-establish my sleeping patterns altogether, after spending 2 weeks awake] I decided to see if I could get to sleep using something else, and doxylamine did the job perfectly

14. whoru007

whoru007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from india
    After some research I found these Zolpidem & Zaleplon. Is there anythings better than them or which one is best.

15. bosshallucy

bosshallucy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Melatonin... thats what I recommend

16. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I am glad you got the humor. At least I think you did.

Staying at a hotel can sometimes be annoying, depending on how full it is. With accurate doses of Melatonin you should not have to worry about small disturbances, but it will allow you to wake up if the hotel fire alarm is going off and not be in a complete stupor to not know where the door is.

17. whoru007

whoru007 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o from india
    You seems be good person. :) Why I am insisting on Hypnotic-Sedative is its More Pleasure + I am very sensitive to things happening around me. Usually little noise also spoils my night.

What is better in this case Zolpidem or Doxylamine or Melatonin OR there is something else too. Please no crappy stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  18. godztear

godztear Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Zolpidem may be too strong for your needs. With all the associated risky side effects, someone not accustomed to taking the drug could easily find themselves urinating in the hotels ice machine without realizing it, aka sleepwalking, completely over sleeping their business obligations, or making it to the business meeting just to forget what the day's meeting is suppose to be about.

19. (NS)-M-Lo-Reason

(NS)-M-Lo-Reason Titanium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, seeing as you seem uninterested in anything that isn't a pill, I want to echo the above with the melatonin comment. Reliably induces sleep (in a percentage of the population, I will elaborate), has a short half life so no grogginess in reasonable doses, and is easy to get although I believe it is controlled in certain countries, I want to say Australia but that may be wrong. I know it's a "western" nation though, just can't think of the specifics.

There is one problem with melatonin. I have read that only about two thirds of the population is able to gain an effect from orally introduced, exogenous melatonin. That means that you have a 33% chance of getting absolutely nothing out of this drug. I am not one of those people, melatonin definitely works very well for me, but I have had issues with nightmares while taking it. And I'm a big boy don't get me wrong, but when I say nightmares I mean the kind that make you feel strange for 24 hrs after you wake up. You will probably dream the whole time you are asleep if it works for you, but it's a flip of the coin whether those dreams will involve Brazilian models or Hellraiser.

I still vote for kava, it's a sedative hypnotic that is legal, effective, and definitely pleasurable. The z-drugs are extremely addictive, new research seems to indicate even more so than many benzodiazepines (my guess is probably due to the quick onset and short duration, making them the "crack" of GABA receptor agonists) and doxylamine is effective but probably not very pleasurable and likely to induce grogginess. You have lots of good information in this thread, please let us know how you chose to use it and what your results are.

20. no eff eks

no eff eks Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't want to discourage you from trying melatonin, but it is certainly not helpful in inducing sleep for me personally. I have had positive results taking things which metabolize into melatonin eventually (I believe it was tryptophan and 5-HTP that were melatonin precursors, but don't take me at my word on that).

Z-drugs like zaleplon and zolpedim are basically ultra-short acting sedatives... just look up all the problems associated with short-acting benzodiazapines and/or barbiturates to get an idea of what those drugs can do (though unlikely to kill you like a barb, still insanely addictive mentally and physically).