1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

UK - ‘Stupid’ drug-dealer caught waving replica gun outside court

Discussion in 'Weird News' started by source, Feb 19, 2013.

1. source

source Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    [​IMG]A DOPEY teenage drug dealer was grabbed by armed cops after he waved a gun around outside court. Officers swooped on Terrence Halpin when CCTV operators saw him brandishing a pistol in the staff car park at Teesside Crown Court.

Cops searched the three occupants of his Renault Clio - and found an air pistol, a drug dealer's notebook and a stash of cocaine.

Halpin, who was driving the car, had two bags of coke worth a total of £45 in his wallet.

A search of his home later uncovered another 4.69g of the drug, worth £234, and £1,400 cash.

Halpin, 19, was hauled back to the court, where he admitted possessing a Class A drug with intent to supply.

His barrister Brian Russell said Halpin was immature, extremely naive and stupid as shown by “waving a gun just outside crown court where he’s going to be caught by CCTV".

Explaining his client got involved in drug dealing to "entertain" his girlfriend, he added: "This is someone who has behaved remarkably stupidly and he’s got himself into very deep trouble as a result of it."

Sentencing him to three-and-a-half years behind bars, Judge Howard Crowson told Halpin: “It is perfectly clear you were involved in street dealing.

“The potential rewards for drugs supply are substantial. The risks are also substantial. It has to be that way.”

The judge accepted that the gun was not part of a drug dealing kit.

Calum Brown, a passenger in the Renault was charged with being involved in offering to supply ecstasy after incriminating text messages were found on his phone.

The 23-year-old was given a one-year prison sentence suspended for two years with 180 hours’ unpaid work.

18th February 2013.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-dealer-waves-replica-gun-outside-court.html#

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Man, kid got off light as hell. I don't know what possibly possessed him to do this, but he needs some serious time to think about how bloody stupid he was, time away from his friends. Suspended sentance my ass!

3. Moving Pictures

Moving Pictures Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o from U.S.A.
    He got 3 1/2 years, his buddy was the one who got a suspended sentence. 3 1/2 yrs sounds about right, though I don't know how the parole system in the uk works.

4. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Oh, duh..

Man AND he got his friend put in jail?

I really want to know what went down here.

5. source

source Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    Ahh, Potter, you and corvardus have made my day today :D

This story really didn't surprise me when I read it, honestly there are so so many doughnuts let loose in the UK it's amazing. The parents don't give a shit if they go to school or not, and most grow up with less brain cells than the ones they were born with.

This kid was trying to act all cool and shit - yeah something I would do, wave a dummy gun around outside court, to look cool...