Stupid education

Discussion in 'Drug Policy Reform & Narco Politics' started by Creeping Death, May 16, 2005.

1. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I was chilling in biology class today, and relised suddenly that the class was about drugs. So i turned off my MP3 player and listened. I shouldn't have done that. The teacher guy really pissed me off.

We said all kinds of false information. Like hash being a hallucenogen and coke having a reverse tolorance. I argued against him about the cannabis, saying that it wasnt a hallucenogen and doesn't make you hallucinate anything, but he was like "YES it does". I can live with that, since he's an old cat. He doesn't know.

But then he started talking about acid and mesceline. He was like "drugs have nothing good to give at all. they are just a temporary escape from reality that will only mess up your life". Then he said "people who take hallucenogens like these become very stupid and start staring at walls. they also think they can stop a train with their hand, and fly off buildings". "People who smoke cannabis loose their teeth because it reduces saliva production, and become very lazy and unmotivated. They become very filthy because they stop caring about the way they look or dress".

God damn that pisses me off. He had everyone write down a list of drugs in their books or whatever, and list if the drug was illegal and what it did. After the people had listed them, a girl was like "oh, well, i'll just erase alcohol from the list because it doesn't count", and everybody agreed. I was like GOD DAMN. I had partied with this girl and her friend two days earlier. They were both piss drunk and kept falling, i'm surprised they didn't get hit by a bus on the way home.

I get so angry after i hear this stuff. A guy who's never ever in his life taken a drug preeches that drugs have nothing to offer. And he talks all this shit about cannabis being a hallucenogen that ruins your life, and says that alcohol isn't dangerous because "you can drink some alcohol and still function". Alcohol is god damn one of the worst drugs in the world.

I looked around me and thought "damn, all of these people think that this is the truth. And they will grow up to teach this shit to their kids". I felt pretty powerless.

You ever had something like this? Tell me about it and how it pissed you off.

1. 4/5,
      great topic for discussion with personal relevance
      Dec 5, 2011
  2. Unsolved

Unsolved Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Don't let people like that get to you dude. You just have to realize that everyone old and young is going to have an opinion on drugs. Some will make this opinion knowing very little (my parents, your teacher guy) citing local news, inaccurate govenment information (proven time and time again to be wrong). Most of these people I have found are closed minded people. There not dumb they just don't want to hear the truth. So they never do. Other's like you and the people on this board are more educated and know the truth.Edited by: Unsolved

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    My problem with the type of people mentioned above is their obsession with people's "productivity". If people should choose to trip out on LSD and believe they have can bounce off walls, more power to them as long as they don't harm anyone. If people choose to smoke pot and sit around all day doing nothing much, more power too them too. Most of us drug-users don't consider ourselves to be useless but what's wrong with people who are? Why should some asshole like that dictate the way people are "supposed" to live.

You're right about that category of closed minded people Unsolved. They are the pawns who support the war on drugs, and believe that the drugs are the problem and not the organised criminals who run the cartels. Their plain ignorance is what makes the evil system work.

If I heard some shit like that from one of my teachers when I used to go to school, I'd probably freak out. Sometimes it's difficult to be patient. There are very few things in life that piss me off more than that. And that's coming from a self-proclaimed pacifist. [​IMG]

4. grecian

grecian Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from aruba
    'ignorance is slavery'

grecian wrote:
    'ignorance is slavery'

my bad 'ignorance is strength', 'freedom is slavery' and 'war is peace'

Edited by: BA

5. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I always go by "Education not Legislation".

Classic example of why pot should be legalised completely: When legalised originally in Holland, there was a huge upsurge in marijuana users. Within five years people began to respect the drug and now there are less marijuana smoking Dutch citizens than there were before prohibition.

This same policy could be incorporated towards any drug, even hard drugs like cocaine and opium (however they are poisonous so legalisation would be harder to justify). Governments either don't know out of ignorance, are too afraid of the period of adaptation or are simply too corrupt to do anything about it.

6. Daeron

Daeron Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from gaza_strip
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

yeah i felt that way too before,but you have to ask yourself do you really give a shit?you know what is the answer-fuck em!(if i was younger i would say kill em all[​IMG]).But seriously,you gotta rise above them,to educate yourself,to learn the ways of the system,and use it to fuck&manipulate those ignorant people.Youre not powerless,quite the opposite,you have the knowledge;dont try to enlighten those who are not worthy.

7. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    ignorance is bliss... while it may suck to sit there and have to listen to some of your drugs of choice get bashed sucks. But hey power to you, you know the truth. I've tried to argue with teachers over drugs, and very few will listen, also it isnt good to proclaim that you do drugs. But you can state the facts and hell if it's a drug like pot just take a vote to see who has smoked "before". and ask your question and see who agrees.

Muirner

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2009
  8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    It pisses me off to see my favourite drug pot getting such a bad reputation. I don't mind people preaching about the dangers of acid, coke or Es but pot does not deserve its bad image.

I only occasionally take those harder drugs but pot has become a part of my lifestyle, and when I hear some ignorant shit slating it, I get pissed off naturally.

9. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I understand what you's (i know its not a real word but it fits) are talking about how you should just let the stupid ignorant lemming be but we're talking about teens/youths tomorows leaders if we let them think that cannbis kills and acid melts your brain there is know hope for legalization when that happened to me (it was more peers than teachers they were fairly open minded) I would go ballistic and if I had a good friend in the class we double teemed em, A good arguement Ive found is to ask them if they drink alchohol, coffee, take aspirin, cough syrup etc cigarettes, then when they say yes but that has a point pain relief whatever Id say well wait a while and the pain will go away, get a bit mopre sleep you wont be tired just think of possible situatuions before hand and prepare

10. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Out of all of that, this is the only thing I agree with...other than that you have one stupid ass teacher....