Opinions - Stupid people and Research Chemicals

Discussion in 'Research Chemicals' started by Abrad, Mar 26, 2006.

1. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Somebody posted "DOC Warning" on another forum about how he and his two friends all ended up in hospital after taking DOC.

It turns out that the three 15 YEAR OLDS had taken 25mg, 15mg, and 8mg, of DOC which they apparently eyeballed.

The OP came to the conclusion that "DOC is dangerous" which is why he posted this warning.

With people like this, how have there not been more deaths?:confused:

(Edited to correct minor details)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
  2. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That is one of the most outrageous things i have ever heard. someone stupid enough to take 25 mg of DOC intentionally should not be taking psychedelics... or any drugs for that matter.... theyre all lucky to be alive actually so maybe they should be singing the praises of DOC instead of bashing it and saying it is dangerous... opiates for example are far less forgiving and in the case of a 10x overdose would most likely result in death or at least severe organ damage.

3. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    This is why 14 year olds should not be taking these potentially dangerous compounds, they're too immature. I am very glad I did not have access at that age.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo would like to have a meeting with the asshole who sold/gave these kids the DOC - if the story is true in the first place. Speaking of needing a trip to the hospital...

5. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    But really of it was bought from an online vendor I don't see how they can check their their customers age. I don't think many my would be prepared to send a copy of their passport/birth cert to make an order. I have only once been asked to give his date of birth when buying RCs, and even doing this is far from foolproof.

6. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    @abrad84
    When you buy Research Chemical on the net, you already use your own credit card and the purchaser sends the stuff to your home. Giving a copy of your ID card would just a detail.....

A swiss vendor did it in the past, without problems. The vendor must just avoid to store the copy....

7. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    Not everyone uses a credit card to buy them.

8. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Murphy's Law at work as well as the bodies ability to take abuse without immediate death. Doesn't take being young either, most of the people I've known who died from drugs did so on meth.

9. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I wrote this post just the other day on a different thread, it seems appropriate here:

Can anyone PM me a link to this original post, or just copy the text into this thread? I searched the board where I think it is and I can't find it, I suspect they may have deleted it already.

10. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    Here it is

11. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    nagognog: the kids most likely used a credit card acquired either from a family member or friend who is of age. the vendor can not be blamed for the fact that these individuals commited fraud and/or identity theft. it is pretty unlikely that they were able to acquire their own card at such an age where they were able to buy a product like that. SWIM's friend was able to defraud a cc co at the age of 16 and get a card that said he was 20 and use it to purchase RCs. of course in those days of such unscrupulous and huge suppliers this was also a fairly simple task.

abrad: when I was 15 he had such things... it is not about age it is about being responsible for yourself and any others who use any of these things. at 15 I was more responsible than most of the people of higher age groups are with most of these things. although it is a valid point to say that people of a younger age are much more likely to be irresponsible in general especially with drugs. it is also much less likely that someone of that approximate age (14-15) would have any legitimate advanced knowledge of the chemistry and pharmacology of such compoounds. some people though do blossom early... I have had a huge interest in such things since the age of 10 and first tripped when he was only a wee lad of 11 years old (15 grams of heavenly blues... ahhh so tranquil and serene that was for SWIM). However I do share the objection to anyone below 18 or maybe even below 20 to be able to have access to these. The really important part of having these things in one's possession is to make absolutely sure that if you are not the only one using them that you must put the other user's safety before ANYTHING. if you dose someone or let someone dose you are completely responsible for their health and actions NO MATTER WHAT. because if you were to be the cause of a death or a train wreck then you are thusly the one to blame legally ethically karmatically and spiritually for anything bad that happens. that isnt something that anyone wants. and its not just exotics we are speaking of. any psychedelic like acid mushrooms mescaline, any dissociative, any drug at all actually. only through responsible behavior by users will things like this ever be accepted or at least tolerated. we have a lot of leeway as a culture to be honest at this point so lkets all please try and not go and ruin it all.

PLUR

1. 3/5,
      Very well said
      Mar 27, 2006
  12. fatal

fatal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Also I say that at the age of 15 he would NEVER have done anything so dangerous with any drug as dosing even 10 mg of DOC is... let alone 25... good thing this family seems to have a very low propensity for toxicity in overdose... lets all go ahead and not test to see how far we can push that... reminds me of when people were taking upwards of 200-300 mg of AMT at a time or doses of 50 mg of 2c-t-7 nasally... and we wonder why the dea put those to rest for us...

1. 3/5,
      Very old thread... very good point made though.
      Apr 20, 2009
  13. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    After reading some of the posters other posts he really seems like the last person who should be taking RCs. He recommended somebody take 25mg of 2-ci for their first time and "work their way up" to a higher dose. It will be a miracle if he lives to be 16 at this rate.

14. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Though swim prefers 2.5-4mg of DOC, he has had a good time on up to 12mg without the described problems above.

15. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    after reading the DOC Warning and the BL posts in the DOC threads where idiots profess to drive T5 after a heavy DOC dose, i am almost ready to give up.

i am coming to the conclusion that the internet must be destroyed.

16. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    I can surely share that feeling. But don't blame the tool. Blame the person abusing it.

17. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    People need to stop making these chemicals available to these stupid uneducated kids. They're going to destroy it for the rest of us.

18. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    If chemicals are provided for research purposes only, their going to be sold without asking who will consume it or where it's going to be sold to.

19. Pinkavvy

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The providers maybe should start requiring a "Letter of intent" with each order describing what their intent is. This will weed out many young people who dont know what the chems may be researched for. Swip knows that many bulk wholesalers and custom synth labs require this.

20. illuminati boy

illuminati boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Way back in the day (well a few years ago anyway), some of the actual chemical supply houses would ask detailed questions about the presumed end-user or require some sort of additional age verification etc. It would be nice to think that these compounds would never find their way to someone not clever enough to at least come up with something like “to do in vitro binding studies on cloned rat 5HT2A receptors” or “to establish analytic reference standards” or something suitably intelligent to say ‘I am smart enough to take responsibility and I am not a 15 y/o without a scale just looking to get FuXeD uP.’

I B

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
    1. 4/5,
      very good post
      Mar 28, 2006