Oral use - Subligual Use Of Salvinorin A Extract

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by braddubya, Dec 16, 2009.

1. braddubya

braddubya Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim makes his own extracts on a regular basis using the simple acetone method. No washes or recrystallization just evaporated acetone. What is left is Salvinorin A along with misc. plant oils etc in the form of a dark green paste.

My questions is: Does anyone have experience with sublingual use of this paste?

I have has success with quids but the volume of leaf need is annoying and even after 4 quids his success has been limited. Using this paste I think could simplify and amplify this method of ingestion.

What do the good people at DF think?

2. CoryInJapan

CoryInJapan Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    MOD EDITED -- the links posted link to a commercial source, selling their products which is against forum rules
    links removed

-------------------------

You can do this with more potent results.

All though I remember reading somewhere on rowid or something that people that use the extracts orally get burning sensations in they're mouth. Some said the burning sensation lasted for hours. Not sure if this was just str8 extracts,Extracts that you would get in a headshop, or the salvinoran A tincture.

Found it

when they talk about making the tincture..it was that that caused the irritation.

So I think You is good.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  3. braddubya

braddubya Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well I could make his own tincture using some 190 proof everclear but yes the burning sensation would be pretty bad.

I did not know that a "soft" extract was available but it sounds like simple crude extract to me! Good find!

The question is how much is an effective dose...

maybe I will experiment tonight.

4. CoryInJapan

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yea the soft extract sounds like what Swiy's got.

Let me know how it goes.I should be getting his salvia leaves in the mail today and would like to know.

5. wednesday

wednesday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have the plain leaves and some home made extract (evaporated back onto leaves) and some grainy light green salv. A (among other things im sure but the color looks good...) perhaps a small tiny little bit into alcohol let it sit for a bit and then use it as a tincture would be a good thing for SWIM...hmmm

6. Mafoon

Mafoon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    When making a tincture could you just use acetone, its not toxic and i'd imagine it wouldn't taste any worse than strong alcohol (probally still burn though).

7. NeuroChi

NeuroChi is not his mind Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Acetone evaporates quite readily, shouldn't be a problem if evaporated fully.

A friend of mine has used salvia sublingually.
    It gave him a spacey feeling that came on quite fast, and then didn't last long. Strange experience all in all, not really worth repeating.

8. CoryInJapan

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yea I would say after tried this mothed a few times that it can work but didnt seem to work the great untill the third time.

Also swim getts far better effects smoking it in a salvia only or with tobacco joint or just packing a bong load of salvia leaf not extract.

Actually smoke a bowl load gave swim very heavy salvia matrix bead body load.My not a big fan of salvia so he cant call it a high but if someone loves salvia or at least just likes it then it would be pretty good.

Swim can not recommend sublingal using leafs but the extracts might be worth while.

9. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Unless it is combined with ethanol, acetone is relatively safe if used as a tincture. I wouldn't recommend drinking it though, but technically even drinking small amounts should be safe as long as it's not combined with ethanol.