Opinions - Sublingual dpt vs smoking?

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by pancyan, Jan 18, 2006.

1. pancyan

pancyan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    53 y/o
    Anyone have any experience with sublingual route of ingesting DPT Hcl? Is it even possible or worthwhile?

Would dosage be comparable to an insufflated dose? What would be a good dosing strategy?

I really don’t like to insufflate this stuff. Oral route takes too much material. If sublingual isn’t possible I will consider using an MAOI after much more research on how to do this while minimizing any risks.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  2. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    YUK!
    If the taste is not too repulsive, it would probably work. I would dose as per insufflation and work up. SWIM suspects that the rate of absorption will not be fast enough to beat swallowing material.
    MAOIs do potentiate DPT to some extent, and oral dosing is not a bad route to choose, but expect to use material in excess of 100mg (start low and work up - DPTs oral absorption is variable).
    This is my all time favorite, and it is a shame that the freebase is not more readily available, because this is by far the best route.
    There are also references to IM or IV dosing, but it is difficult to get the salt into solution. I think this is asking for trouble, however, particularly if you have not experienced a high dose DPT experience. This one can be REALLY intense, and because of dose and route of adminstration, can fool you into thinking it is more benign than it really is.
    SNAPPER

3. Sick Jack

Sick Jack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    BE REALLY CAREFULL BY COMBINING AN IMAO WITH THIS ALREADY POTENT STUFF. The effects could be easily unexpected, even terrifying. I have done in the past a combo with mushrooms and an imao and the result was a nightmare.

4. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Why don't you smoke it? Even if you only have the HCl salt and not the freebase it is still smokeable. Conventional wisdom says that the HCl salt doesn't vapourize well, but I've tried both methods and to be honest could detect no difference in potency. The only problem I found is that the HCl produces a much more acrid smoke, which above about 40mg is a bit unpleasant to do in a single hit (and you really need to do this drug in a single hit). However I nevertheless always manage to get it down and have full strength experiences.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo simply mixes the hydrochloride with a small amount of sodium bicarbonate in an aluminum foil thimble with just enough water - dropwise - to form a paste. This leaves DPT as the free base, and some salt. Then Bongo, using tweezers, holds the aluminum foil thimble over an open flame. When it begins to smoke, Bongo inhales the smoke through a glass straw. Bongo then waves bye-bye to the world he knew.

6. Toltec

Toltec Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thats easy enough ^ Seriously that works?
    Does Bongo weigh out, say> 40 mgs DPT first or does Bongo guess?
    Thanks

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo always weighs his RC's. Always. Regards amounts - Bongo likes a mild (!) excursion with 20mg DPT.HCl. And yes it works.

8. prospero

prospero Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    That is indeed extraordinarily simple. I've seen recipes for converting the HCl to the freebase that involved leaving the mix for DAYS to ensure the reaction was complete!