Suboxone experiences and tips

Discussion in 'Buprenorphine' started by cartex12, Jul 4, 2006.

1. cartex12

cartex12 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Suboxone is a drug used to help people quit opiates. One of my best friends is a recovering heroin addict and he had these Suboxone pills to help him. He offered them to swim to try out and promises that they would make him feel great and for 24 hours. I took 16 mg and withing 30 min the world was spinning, He was unbelievably high and just incredibly messed up and he felt good really good. Unfortunately this only lasted about an hour because after that he was laying on the floor of his friend’s room in his boxers sweating all over the place. He began to feel very nauseous. Ran to the bathroom to puke and did so for quite some time. He tried to take a shower because he was so sweaty but was too sick to stand up for more than 2 minuets without puking. This lasted for a full 24 hours and can only be described as one of if not the worst experience of his life. It was without doubt the sickest he had ever been.
    However the hour before all of that was very enjoyable. He was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to capture that high alone without the sickness or if he should give up on it.

2. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    suboxone should not be used recreationally, it contains nalaxone, and in high doses that can bring on opiate withdrawl, nalaxone is what they give you if you od... think about it, why would You take an opiate antagonist (even if it contains an opiate with it) to get high? just doesnt make sense to swim. (it is however a very good rehab drug)

3. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    I agree with the above statement this is very silly as a recreational buzz. ? did You take any opiate's within the 24-48hrs before the suboxone as this could explain the sickness as it actively kicks the opiate's out of your system to be able to block your receptors from feather opiate use there for being a tool for rehabilitating drug users. Subutext is very similar but has less of the blocking ability of naltraxone swim knows people who do use this recreationally with less problems but I would still not advise this. tell You to do some more research into opiates if this is the sort of buzz You likes as there are many options that will give you the niceness without making people sick even after use. but watch out for addiction.

4. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Suboxone can be used recreationally due to it's agonist effects(particularly with non opiate tolerant subjects), it obviously isnt one of the most potent or best used Opiates due to it's antagonist effects. From you's experience posted above i'd say all You needs is an anti-emetic. These stop the nausea commonly accociated with most opiates including buprenorphine (Suboxone). A couple of names of these anti-emetics are cyclizine(marezine), Buccastem, Ondansetron among others. Many can be bought over the counter in pharmacies.

The anti emetics will make it so You does not feel sick at all, they are commonly used in hospital with opiate administration. At their clinical dosages which will be fine for what your talking about they are very safe. At worst they will give some very mild anti-cholergenic effects.

Just on a side note to the others above: Suboxone's Nalaxone only comes into effect when if injected not if taken sublingually. Also SWIF has gained recreational effects from Temgesic which is also a form of Buprenorphine. These are nothing like as pleasant as morphine or other such strong agonist but pleasure is still a key factor in a buprenorphine experience.

5. topcat

topcat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been on suboxone maintenance for (4) months at a 12mg daily dose. Prior to this I was on methadone for 29 years. Swim likes subs much more than the methadone,however,if I take a larger dose on any day he does not feel any higher infact feels just like he did when he ran out of take home meth bottles earlier than he was suppose to. I am finding that suboxone is just what he needed to always have an opiate in his system without the ill effects which meth caused him. Swim plans on remaining on the subs maintenance program,in the USA it is legal for approved doctors to issue you a 30 day perscription,cost of subs program about half of what I was paying for his meth program and he does not have to deal with the clinic every week.I would recommend subs to anyone needing to quit opiate addiction,much better than any meth program. I am going to investigate the anti-emetic as noted in Fantasion post,thank-you

6. Agent Subby

Agent Subby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Can't he change to Subutex instead?

7. Mr.Nixon

Mr.Nixon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What if I was to snort it?

Would there still be a Nalaxone problem?

8. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    SWIF has never attempted this, but he imagines that if Nalaxone will not be absorbed through the blood vessels in the mouth and gums it's unlikely that it will be absorbed through the muscosa in the nose.

9. Mr.Nixon

Mr.Nixon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I recently tried snorting Suboxone

He only got 3 or 4 mgs but then again SWIM only had $4

I took his small 1mg line an of course shared the wealth with his 2 broke ass friends

I didnt feel much of anything really but a fairly strong pot like high

although I was also smoking marijuana so he found it hard to rip the 2 apart and tell

But my company informed him that he was odd for having such a light high

and that they were "Fucked Up!" with feelings like if they had downed a quart of rum in one mouthfull (in a general sort of way)

I did get a feeling of heavyness as if his face wieghed a ton yet his head was wieghtless

SWIM wishes to try this further to find a better more aporpriate level for him

10. Habit

Habit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Sound Advice

Lord Girth has a special downer-cocktail, with speed on the side, which he routinely consumes along with his daily dose of 8mg's Suboxone. The Lord downs 10mg's of Cyclobenziprine, 1mg Clonazepam, 1mg Lorazepam, 20mg's Meclizine, and 36mg's Methlyphenidate. Girth ususally chases the pharms with several stong cups of Coffe, adding Caffine, and several other psycoative substances, into the mix.

11. biggpri

biggpri Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    what happened (the sweating, nausea) sounds like classic OD symptoms from opiods. lowering the dosage should remedy the problems.

12. ericsz3

ericsz3 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    SWIM and his friend snorted about 1mg the other night. Swim and his friend were very fucked up for about an hour or 2 about an hour after sniffing but after that felt very sick for about 14 hours and couldnt sleep at all that night.

13. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Snorting it won't fuck You up. The nolaxone doesn't have any effect if you take the pill correctly(sublingually, then you can spit out the remains once its fully desolved, or swallow but the nolaxone does't have effect unless you eat it directly or shoot it up.

The reason why you puked is because you took too much. Buprenorphine is potent opioid, someone with no tolerance should take no more than 1mg to start off with. I was using 100 - 200mg of heroin a day and 24mg of Buprenorphine a day is enough of an equavilant dose. 16mg is quite a lot even with some tolerance. If you know you have a bit of tolerance built up I would start at 4mg and increase by 2mg every hour and half.

Buprenorphine is a cool opiate, it creates a ceiling effect and builds very little tolerance so you can easily dose a little, and then dose more with good results even if the last dose is a lot smaller than the one prior to it.

14. smithdogg1

smithdogg1 Guest

Reputation Points:
    my first Buprenorphine experience was also very bad, he first took 2mg, after about 15-30 mins he felt great, almost like Oxy, so he then took another 2mg, big mistake. SWIM totally underestimated how powerful this stuff is, he got so nauseous and between the puking felt incredibly high. But he felt sick even into the next day! After this he learned to never take more than 2mg at a time, even that can be strong at times, I would agree with just taking 1mg to start. This stuff can really knock you on your ass, it does help with cravings and WDs though, but you need to use it responsibly and not just take it to get high.

15. godzcamera

godzcamera Newbie

Reputation Points:
    so if swim puts the suboxone in swims mouth and after its absorbed swim can spit out the orange fluid in swims mouth? is that the naloxe? and what would I gain by spitting it out?

16. Ellis D.

Ellis D. Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yea put the Suboxone under your tongue and let it dissolve completely(will take 5-10minutes). Now if you spit out the orangey spit mixture you won't waste anything (SWIM usually gives 10minutes minimum for the pill to dissolve though if he spits), and the naloxone doesn't go into your body. However the naloxone doesn't become fully active if you swallow it either so it doesn't really matter. Naloxone will only put you into withdrawals if you shoot it up.

SWIM purely spits because the favoring upsets his stomach and he doesn't like the idea of ingesting naloxone at all. I have to swallow at the methadone clinic (also gets a take home for the afternoon which he does spit out) and it doesn't make a difference besdies being easier on my stomach.

....damn someone could really mis-understand all this spitting and swallowing.

Wiki explains it well...

Naloxone was added to Suboxone in an effort to dissuade patients from grinding up the Suboxone tablet and using it as part of a combination of opiates that the user would inject into their body. Intravenously administered Naloxone will block the effects of any opiates and cause the user to go into immediate withdrawal. Oral or sublingual administration affects only the gastronintestinal tract, and has the added benefit of helping to reverse constipation and lowered bowel motility caused by chronic medical use or abuse of a variety of opioids.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
  17. godzcamera

godzcamera Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks I used to spit the orange stuff but then was told not to b/c swim might not get the full effect of suboxone.

18. sarbanes

sarbanes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    your wasting it in so many ways if u don't plug it

19. Habit

Habit Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    What exactly do you mean? ‘Plug it’ could swing either PO or PR in Lord Girths mind. Yadadamean? For the sake of conversation, let’s say that Buprenorphine has a viable rectal route of administration. Would the Naloxone absorb as well?

(...)

Naloxone is synthesized from Thebaine. The chemical structure of Naloxone resembles that of Oxymorphone, the only difference being the substitution of the N-methyl group with an allyl (prop-2-enyl) group. The name Naloxone has been derived from N-allyl and Oxymorphone.
    WIKIPEDIA

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  20. sarbanes

sarbanes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Buprenoprphine absorbes faster (than naloxone) rectally. Naloxone absorbes faster (than buprenorphine) sublingually. You can get transient Withdrawals symptoms, and some potency loss by doing Subs sublingually. Rectally, because the bup beats the sub to the receptors, the naloxone has no where to attach, so it is just inert/flushed. When doing sublingual, it is really a very complet mix of things. For someone who gets those transient sweats before the nicer bup onset, the naloxone had reached certain mU receptors 1st, so had a time advantage. But because of numerous factors, including a relatively low dose, there is not enough naloxone to fill all your receptors. Also, since naloxone has at max, a 10% sublingual bioavail, the dose, virtually, is up to 0.2mg. So its a tiny dose of an antagonist which beats the buprenorphine causing those sweats. Once the buprenorphine gets there, a short time later, it knocks the naloxone off. Competative binding costs molecules, and this is part of the reason plugging will give you a more potent efect than sublingual. There must be other reasons as well, and there are many hypotheses. Many feel plugging = roughly 2X sublingual, depending on your sublingual technique. does that answer your question?? Sorry for the spelling - no time to spell check!!! Many swim swam swum breast stroke crawl butterfly olympic pool ocean feel that plugging not only 2X sublingual sub, but avoids transient sweats as well.