Suboxone gives false positive on drug tes

Discussion in 'Drug Testing' started by Jon_F, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Jon_F

Jon_F Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I had a drug test on 3-01 and all I had been taking is suboxone and Lexapro. The test showed a positive confirmation for hydrocodone and oxycodone which is virtually impossible because I havent done oxy in 2 mths and I have taken any hydro in over a year. I also take milk thistle, green tea, zantac, and aspirin on a daily basis. I am getting re-tested in 4 days. Does anybody know what might have caused this because if it shows a positive confirmation again I will get cut off. And just in case some might be wondering if I was really using oxy and hydro I would have done something to pass the test which I have lots of experience on or I wouldve waited 3 days before testing. But all I am taking is suboxone and the other meds and supplements. Can anyone please help or give me some advice??????[​IMG]Edited by: Jon_F

2. smilla

smilla Newbie

Reputation Points:
    well you should of failed for opiates because suboxone and subutex are
    opiates but they shouldnt of come up as hydros or oxys...thats the part
    i dont get

3. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    on a NIDA-5 drug test they kinda lump all the opiates/opioids together. bupernorphine is what caused the false posative. if your getting the suboxone from a doctor and have a valid perscription show the lab that next time they test you and they will understand and you shoulnt. if your getting them off the streets...... try to cheat the blatter cops.

4. maximumquake

maximumquake Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Mike I believe you are wrong in saying it was a NIDA-5 drug test, even thought I do not know what type of drug test that is. My assumption is that z NIDA-5 drug test just tests for any opiate
    , not specific opiates
    . I believe it was the type of test that was sent to a lab, or an extended drug test that tests for specific opiates. The reason Jon F you might have had a flase positive for oxycodone is because suboxen and oxycodone are both derivates of thebain part of the poppy plant so... yea. Also as for hydrocodone it could also be the same reason because it is derived from thebain and codiene. So I hope that helped you out, if some of it does not make sense pm me I am so fucken tired right now it is not funny.