1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Pharmacology - Suboxone, Subutex, and Suboxone strips

Discussion in 'Buprenorphine' started by salgoud, Jan 19, 2011.

1. salgoud

salgoud

Reputation Points:
    My friend is on Suboxone 8mg/2mg Naloxone, 60 tabs a month. My first question is: Does anybody know why the % of the tabs are going up. My buddy called four different pharmacies, and the price hovers around 40% more for a month supply.

Suboxone 8mg/2mg Subligual Strips: My friend heard there is a $75 coupon availble. Where is this obtained, from the manufacturer? And is the price about the same as the tabs. Also, is the coupon a one time coupon, and if one has insurance (Medicare with Supplemental Drug Coverage) is it valid.

It appears the price of these prescription medications are going up. My Buddy doesn't know why. The only thing my friend can think of is they are in the process of Genericizing Suboxone and are reaping the profits before it becomes generic.

Any info would be appreciated for my friend.

salgoud

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  2. rysko

rysko

Reputation Points:
    I read in a different thread here that generics will be available sometime this year. Hope that helps a little.

3. salgoud

salgoud

Reputation Points:
    Subutex is generic and the price of it, is what Suboxone used to be.

salgoud

4. mizzdetroit

mizzdetroit Newbie

Reputation Points:
    At a pharmacy swim goes to the acctual doctor gives the 75% off thesuboxin strips and they are definately cheaper but just as effective and the manufacturer is reckitt benckiser but I think they changed the coupon to $45 now