subutex in Spain?

Discussion in 'Opiate & Opioid addiction' started by Santa, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Santa

Santa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I want to switch from methadone to subutex but I live in Spain. So I went to see several docters but they either didn't even want to help Swim because they said she was a junkie or they just didn't prescribe it y punto. I did some googling but can't find any place that prescribes subutex. Is it not available in Spain? Does anybody have a clue where I should start to get a subutextreatment in Andalucie? I am doing very well (only on 7,5 mgs of methadone) and wants to continue doing well.

2. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    Buprex (buprenorfina) is not very well known by many doctors, doctors here Spain are absolutely dumb rich boys who don't give a damn about anybody and they believe they're gods just cause they have a good education.

So when you asked for subutex, they probably assumed that it was another typical opiate you would use to get high instead of looking for info about it.

I've never been trusted by doctors, not even when I severely injured my back, they prescribed nolotil, which is rubbish.

I suggest either you look for it online, or give the doctor a bunch of information about subutex, and instead of asking for the prescription, asking him if it would be good to give it a try.

3. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I dont know about its availability but swims father was became certified in subutex detox... it is hands down the best break through in heroin rehabilition ever.... miracle drug, opposed to methodone which just gets u hooked on methadone

4. Santa

Santa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    ''doctors here Spain are absolutely dumb rich boys who don't give a damn about anybody and they believe they're gods just cause they have a good education''.

Swim certainly has to agree with you on that one... I have spoken 3 different docters and they all treated Swim like shit, they didn't even bother to look at the official statement from My Dutch docter in which is explained why Swim actually has to use methadon in the first place.
    (But there must exist some good docs here as well, at least that's what Swim hopes..)

Swim probably has to wait until being back in the Netherlands in september. I am on 7,5 mgs of methadon now, which is nothing but I am in a lot of pain. It's not even the withdrawal that gets to Swim (although these aren't much fun either) it's the severe IBS (stomach)-pain. This is the reason that I had to start using methadon again after being off it for a whole year. Swim litterary wasn't able to do anything anymore without it. I found out that they actually use methadon to treat her illness in the US, something which doesn't surprise Swim because it really does help.

Anyway, years ago I started using methadon as a substitute for heroine but I am taking it for chronich pain now..
    Because subutex is also a painkiller and presumably ''healthier'' than methadon I want to make the switch.
    I haven't used heroine for 7 years now and is not craving it either but one never knows.. so subutex might be the safest option for me as well..