Maintenance - subutex to kick heroin

Discussion in 'Opiate & Opioid addiction' started by bonghed, Nov 12, 2005.

1. bonghed

bonghed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Obviously there are many aids (downers, some really strong skunk can't hurt either, maybe sum methadone, and diazepan, alprazolam ect, but 1 thing which i've seen help a few friends out of a bad place, SUBUTEX (buprenorphine hydrochloride) pretty hard to get though, only heroin addicts can get a script, but if u are planning on quiting it might help still obviously it isn't a instant cure,

Maybe most of you already know about it, but i've seen it work so thought i'd put it up but dif things work for different people, .Edited by: bonghed

Last edited: Jan 3, 2006
  2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Buprenorphine is a partial agonist (potentiates effects) at the mu-opioid receptor and an antagonist (negates effects) at the kappa opioid receptor: therefore, it stops withdrawal, but doesn't get you high. Problem with buprenorphine is that if you're using other opiates at the same time (which obviously people do on occasion) you get agonising withdrawal syptoms, and other methods of stopping withdrawal (Eg: Methadone) don't work! I also believe that buprenorphine has a rather long half life, which means you feel shitty for days.

Subuxone (unsure if available in UK) contains Buprenorphine + Naloxone (opiate antidote). The problem here is that if you have both opiate and naloxone on board, the naloxone has a much shorter half life than the opiate: Therefore reversal effects if you take street opiates in addition happen almost instantaneously and then run out, so you still have too much opiate on board and keel over: Then you have the buprenorphine on board as well, whichmeans you go into intense withdrawal,which sounds truly hideous. It doesn't really sound terribly safe

I firmly believe that the only solution here is to prescribe heroin for addicts (Methadone doesn't work, Subutex, see above):

The drugs are clean, needle exchange is provided.

Addicts are removed from situations where they need to be involved in anti-social behaviour (or crime) to fund their habits: Society isn't damaged

PS: I am a Mad Middle Class Liberal [​IMG]

3. bonghed

bonghed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    If this is not beneficial, you can close this thread.Edited by: bonghed

4. condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    What about after subutex swich to britloflex (which is only available in the UK)
    The britloflex should end the half life of the subutex.

5. Colby

Colby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    alright i never did h, but ive done oxy and I had to go through the withawals of that and from what i've heard they are close, but seriously man i wouldnt suggest taking any benzos or anything like other ppl suggested or methadone dont mess with any of that stuff, or u will just find out u screwed ur self up even more and now u gotta go through another addiciton. I was prescribed seroquel, it works pretty good just makes u very drowsy i only take it at night, and for the day I was prescribed some trazadone which also makes u a lil drowsy, but the good thing about these two man it will make u actually be able to sleep i know its probally hella hard to sleep right now, but these two should help if ur able to get ur hands on em, dont resort to doing another drug though man, thats the worst thing u can do.

6. bonghed

bonghed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    well i'm always keeping a few handy, just incase

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  7. bonghed

bonghed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    Well, it's the best for withdrawals(physical) i've found, but i think if ever i'll be a maintenance person.........

8. condo_pygmy

condo_pygmy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  9. Yeahsme

Yeahsme Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I take 16mg of subutex a day(subutex is straight buprenorphine, no naloxone in it). Swim says its a wonder drug. Its a far better choice than methadone, because you are still interested in sex. It is a partial agonist(as opposed to methadone which is a full agonist, just like heroin and oxycontin), and it is relatively easy to taper off of when you want to.

It helps with the cravings. Its not as strong as methadone, so you can exercise and do stuff like that. Unlike methadone, buprenorphine has been proven to not lower testosterone(methadone and all other opiates lower testosterone levels).

Swim says that you only have to wait 12-24 hours after your last opiate dose to take buprenorphine(subutex or suboxone). Says that you just wait for mild withdrawals to start. Here in the states, there are about 10 doctors in every city that are able to prescribe it. Very easy to get a prescription for it. Miracle drug.

10. bonghed

bonghed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o
    I'ts a good withdraral blocker, but i, (well it's me not wanting it tbh), if you really want to quit, i'd (not much exp but my opinion) try bupe, if not work meth, but...................

Good luck

Last edited: Feb 26, 2006
  11. deji

deji Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Just kick man. Heroin withdrawal is a joke compared to any long acting opiate withdrawal. Heroin withdrawal is intense, but leaves fast.

Just set your mind to it, and dont give in to it...and you will come out a better and stronger person for it.

But definitely some weed, and the occasional benzo wont hurt if you havent slept for days.

I wouldnt recommend methadone other than a short 3-5 day time span to ease the withdrawal. Subs as well. Sitting on maintenance just makes it worse in the end.