Subutex user gettin molar's removed

Discussion in 'Buprenorphine' started by Wyborowa, May 30, 2006.

1. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So I am gettin all 4 of his molars taken out in about 3 weeks....right now he is taking one subutex a day, down from 1 1/2 for 3 months...8mg a day

Now after he gets his molars removed, what do u think the doc will prescribe him for the pain? he told him he had pain before the surgery and he gave swim a bottle of 7.5's...I took 15 at once to get anything...

Now I will tell the doc he is on subutex and that means he has a high tolerance...should I's sub doc give him a few more subutex's for a few days after surgery? Or should the doc prescribe swim something equal to 8mg of buprenorphine....Taking 4 molars out at once WILL BE PAINFUL and SWIM deserves something to cope wit it....oxy;s, patch...w/e....

thanks alot!

2. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    For having anything done in SWIM's mouth I found that nitrous oxide was pretty effective especially with combined with the local anesthetic given in his jaw.

For pain afterwards for having teeth removed I have never had anything but paracetamol and occasionally cocodamol.

HOwever the uk is quite differant when it comes to pain medication

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  3. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sorry I am getting his WISDOM teeth extracted...not molars...

and Swim will be put under completely when his wisdom teeth get plucked out....Thank God :-D

4. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    so then its s dentist then, huh? I will have to stop taking the subs for a day or 2 then take watever medication he gives....

Do you think he won't care about my problem and just give swim 7.5 tabs or will he actually see what's equal to 100mg of hydrocodone? (Which is was swims needs to take to get any buzz at all)

5. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM just got all 4 of his wisdom teeth removed on saturday (yesterday), and to be honest the freaking dr. gave me a script for 12, count them 12, viccoden 5/500's... :mad: can bongo call my dr and see what he can do about it?

6. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  7. Fantasian

Fantasian Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.K.
    Lucky *******! Here in the uk we dont get anasethics for that only locals still!!!

I am seeing the dentist again next week and expects no sedation or analstegia only a good old local which still ends up hurting like hell!! (they dont offer anything but local anesthetic at swims dentist.

8. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    it can vary widely by dentist, those elusive perc/vicodin scripts. when swim's lab rat got its wisdom fangs out, 30 percocets were dispensed. swim then gave a ride to another lab rat some years later from the same dentist, and the rat only got 12 percocet, and had to call two days later requesting more. so maybe dentists are cracking down on prescribing to lab rats in recent days. I say not to worry though, as his rats only needed the pills for a day for the pain, and they were both put under for the experience. the subutex and regular prescription should allow You to handle it.

9. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM only got 12 x 5/500 s for getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled. Didn't really hurt all that much afterwards, though..

Snapper

10. adzket

adzket R.I.P. Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o from U.K.
    Sounds more like You is more interested in an opiate buzz than pain relief if 100mg is what gives them a buzz pain relief would be a lot less. If You is on subutex then your dentist should give you a painkiller which does not work on the same receptors as opiates, as giving You opiate based pain killers would be pointless as they would not work as subutext saturates the receptors.
    For that reason no more subutex should be perscribed either as You would just have to come back down off them plus in swim's op they don't really give pain relief anyway just substitue for opiate addiction.

Also swiy's dentist could give an anaesthetic cream for them to rub onto gums directly where the teeth have been removed a cocaine anologue probably similar to novacaine (gives pain relief with no high) which they use to remove the teeth but in cream not injectible like the dentist would do..

I also find it a bit hard to believe that a dentist would remove 4 wisdom teeth in one go this is just stupid and would take alot of time give alot of pain and risk to the person having the sugery. You should consult both there doctor and dentists and see what they recomend also rinsing there mouth out with disolvible aspirin could help as the aspirin gets straight to point of pain.

1. 4/5,
      spot on information and good harm reduction advice
      Sep 22, 2011
  11. scotty6435

scotty6435 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You guys do realise that molars don't hurt that much once they've been taken out? I've had 11 extractions in my life (2 permanent molars were taken out last week) and I haven't been given any pain relief bar the advice to take paracetamol. Stop trying to scam your dentists for percs and who the hell would give you a fentanyl patch OP!?!? Suck it up and have a couple of uncomfortable days, it's not hard.

1. 4/5,
      some rational thoughts on pain management
      Jan 30, 2015
  12. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    quite a fiesty response! people do vary in how they respond to teeth extraction though (especially if they end up getting dry sockets). swim's mouth only hurt for a day, admittedly, but hey, why not try to get percs if theyre being offered. if swis's dentist is only giving him paracetamol, maybe consider switching dentists, might as well make the most of a bad situation.

13. Purple_lavender

Purple_lavender Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I take subutex illegally and I am being put under in 5 days to have my wisdom teeth out. I do not plan on telling the hospital I am illegally taking subutex in case the take my valium script off me and for other reasons I can't go into.

Do you think I'm taking a risk not telling them about my subutex use? Or will I be ok? My husband's dead worried I'll die (he's dramatic) and is threatening to grass me up to the hospital if I don't tell them the truth...

Any advice on how safe my white lie is??

14. Ghetto_Chem

Ghetto_Chem Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Not very safe at all... You most definitely CAN NOT go under, you'd have to tell them you'd rather just do local anesthetic. I know this is a super old thread too, but the original poster should have realized this too. I'm not sure why the OP thought he was going to get a bunch of painkillers, when he's on subutex for opiate addiction...

I got my wisdom teeth removed while I was on suboxone. I told them, but obviously they couldn't put me under so I had to go with local. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be too, and I had them take out 2 at a time so I had didn't have to deal with my whole mouth/throat feeling so numb that I couldn't swallow (which freaks me out..).

Now if you can somehow convince them without raising red flags that you just want to do local, you may be alright. When they put you under they will alot of times use an opiate like fentanyl to do so, your tolerance has been raised very high from the subutex so you'd likely be laying there half awake feeling everything. With local, they'll just use some -caine substance which won't be effected by the subutex.

What I did too was took some lorazepam (or in your case a little extra valium) to help the procedure go a little smoother.

So yup that's the situation, I guess it wouldn't be too hard to tell them your afraid of being put under and that you'd feel safer with local. It's easier on them to do local too. The only other suggestion I'd have would be to do 2 at a time, if you got 4 to take out, it's rough having your whole mouth and throat numb but if they do half you still have some feeling to where you can swallow.

-GC

15. Purple_lavender

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I'm only having one out :) So not so bad. I'll have to convince them somehow that I'm too scared to go under. Shouldn't be too hard considering the valium are treatment for anxiety.

I won't bother having it taken out at all if they won't do it local then. I don't fancy dying. It's not causing me any issues.

I have read on lots of other forums that people on Subutex have been put under before. However I suppose these people weren't lying to the anethnetist.

Ty for advice, I'll pled terror and beg for local.

1. 3/5,
      There is no need to quote any post when replying directly after it. Just address your post to the person you are replying to. Thanks
      Jul 29, 2015
  16. Ghetto_Chem

Ghetto_Chem Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Ya looking back over it, you should be fine :) It really shouldn't raise any suspicions to say you want to do local, and especially if your only going to get one pulled it honestly almost makes more sense. Who knows, because it is one they may be planning local from the start.

And your right, those who've been put under most likely told their doctors beforehand so the dosage's could be skewed. Subutex seems to really put a persons tolerance up.

-GC

17. Purple_lavender

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Upadte, I went to consulation and he wants to pull two out. He's saying I've gotta be put under cos i've got anxiety and it will be worse. idk what i'm going to do. i'm thinking of just nmot taking subs that day of the operation. I will be under for 40 mins he said.

18. redwhiteandblue

redwhiteandblue Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.K.
    ATTENTION!

This patient is taking Suboxone (buprenorphine HCL/naloxone HCL dihydrate sublingual tablets). Buprenorphine is a partial opioid agonist.

This card contains important information for doctors and members of the public should this person require medical treatment in case of an emergency.

Please hand this card to any medical person who is attending this person.

Anaesthesia - Care should be taken as there is an increased risk of respiratory depression (That's a OD to me and you). Higher levels of anaesthetic than normal may be required to induce the necessary level of anaesthesia.

^^ That is partly a piece of the card that people who take this medication must carry on them at all times!!

Your boyfriend isn't wrong. Death is a real possibility if you do not tell them. Not taking it for one day will not help in the slightest as Suboxone has a very long half-life.

YOU MUST TELL THEM ABOUT THIS. THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!

19. camaro600

camaro600 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I absolutely agree about the card. Everyone who is on Sub for any length needs the card or at least a Med Alert bracelet. Drs are just now catching on about it and they all think it goes out of your system in 2-3 days. What it does to your opiate receptors just might be gone in 2-3 months and it not only keeps your tolerance high I think it raises it. I had 6 implants placed in the bone for a dental implant supported bridge going only with Novacaine and Sub. He gave me a script for 10 mg hydros but they may as well have been candy. Sub does a pretty good job of handling pain. You don't realize until you go off how well it helps cronic pain. But the cons outweighed the pros for me.

20. Purple_lavender

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I will update you when I've been to the hospital.