Successful Fresh San Pedro Preparation

Discussion in 'Peyote & San Pedro' started by PsychicTraveler, Oct 23, 2006.

1. PsychicTraveler

PsychicTraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM sliced the 14" SP cactus into 3" sections, and cut the stars lengthwise into wedges.
    SWIM then peeled and cored the wedges, and put them into a bowl and put it into the freezer overnight.
    In the morning, the thaw left a fairly large quantity of liquid in the bowl.
    The liquid was drained and set aside.

SWIM squeezed the wedges to wring the remaining liquid from the cactus and put the chunks into the blender.
    The mush was then put into a pot with some lemon juice and a small bottle of purified water.
    The mix was slowly simmered for aprox. 2 hours.
    SWIM then performed the T-shirt in the blender trick (as seen in the #5 method in the Erowid cactus vault) to wring out the water.

The two liquids were then added together.

SWIM only drank one third of the liquid (because this was an unknown substance and an unknown potentcy). The experience was comfortable, but definitely present. It felt like one-half to three-quarters of a dose. Definitely successful. It has a little bit of the alkaloid tight jaw/low voltage to the lower wisdom teeth feeling, but not bad. Energized at the core, but totally lazy. No visuals at this strength, but real euphoric body high.

Twice this dose should be incredible.
    All of the liquid would probably be out of the comfort zone.

2. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    when You peeled the sp how much did you do? I has some in fromt of him but the flesh under the skin is very green, it then gets whiter as it reaches the core. Would swim eat the green under the skin also, or cut it out?

3. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    The green directly under the skin is reportedly the part with the highest potentcy of alkaloids.

I've actually heard of people eating JUST the green part. Peel it, and then slice it down to 1/4 inch thick layers of green material. Haven't tried that yet. Maybe some day.

Does anyone know how the liquid that came out of the cactus after thawing compares to the liquid that I got out of the plant from boiling (potentcy-wise that is)?

4. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I had a few more silly questions for you!

This is a picture of swims SP. When I was pulling out spines, swim found the flesh was very soft, how did You peal the skin? I was finding it VERY hard.

[​IMG]

5. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    I don't know if peruvian torch peels as easily as San Pedro, but here's what I did...

He cut into wedges as shown in picture,
    Ran the blade down the center ridge (by spines),
    Picked at the edges of the waxy skin and pull it away.

You have to peel before you freeze, by the way.

6. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    Well, I'm not exactly sure how to upload images to this site. Too bad.
    It peels off.

7. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    swim pealed his 3200g of SP. My finger nails hurt!

I hass frozen his SP now. when You thawed, and then cooked, youd swim skip the simmering do You think?

8. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    What?!

I don't think you're supposed to be able to absorb it through your fingernails.

9. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    You're asking about the simmering?

Well, it draws out the alkaloids from the cactus material, so longer is good.
    And I think simmering for 2 hours breaks down some of the snottyness too.

10. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Yeah the simmering, swim cannot simmer his SP but was planning to thaw, collect the juice (as you did) squeeze the remaining chunks throught a tshirt to collect as much juice as poss and eat the remaning mush?

11. meep

meep Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    oh, and swims fingrenails have gone black already. 3200g of SP skinned last night. about 8 foot of the snooty slimy sticy nasty spikey puke. yum yum.

12. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    I don't know how much active material is in the juice from the thaw. It might be just like a jump-start to drying.

Anybody ever just drink the thaw-juice?

Maybe it would be best to peel it, then cut the green off to about 3 or 4 cm thickness, cut into manageable sections, and let dry. Then You can grind them up and gel-cap them, or just swallow the chunks.
    (< ( <- Been looking to use that guy.)

It could take a lot of experimentation to find out exactly what works best.

13. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The most success I have had was with completely drying the cati. For years the infamous "Green Slime" had plagued his extractions, then he tried cutting the cati into stars, and letting them completely dry out. The completely dried cati was then crushed and powdered, and added to dH20 (distilled water) with a little lemon or lime juice. This can now be boiled without creating a "Green Slime" mess and the plant material can easily be filtered from the liquid with a coffee filter. Good luck.

Doc

14. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    Excellent! A thin, coffee-filtered brew would be much better than anything with the consistency of snot - no matter what it tastes like.

I always thought the slime would come back with water.
    Maybe it's like Jello in that if conditions aren't right, it won't set up and become gelatinous.

15. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Psychic,
    I'm talking leave it out in the hot sun for a week or two dry. When I've gotten it that dry the slime doesn't seem to return when I extract it with water. I could also add a drop or two(you really don't need much, just enough to make the solution acidic enough not to boil off your mescaline) of sulfuric acid (drain cleaner) instead of lemon juice. The extraction takes much less time this way as well. I used to boil the the slime solution for hours and hours and still have a huge glass of gunk to choke down. With this completely dried brew, I ened up with a modest sized glass which was nearly the consistency of water. Much easier to get down, much better than the "consistency of snot" that we're trying to avoid.

Doc

16. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    With making it acidic, it sounds like you're doing the first step of the alkaloid extraction process found here: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_chemistry2.shtml

I would assume that citric acid would also work for this purpose. Might it be best to add some baking soda again so as to not upset the stomach with too much acid?