Drug info - Sucrets DM Cough Formula

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Rave_Pixie, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Rave_Pixie

Rave_Pixie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My friend does DMX Sucrets extractions all the time, and both he and the websites I've looked at say to use the Sucrets that come in the bag and not the ones in the tin. Is there really a difference?We could onlyfind the ones in the tin around my area, and I was wondering if the extraction would go any differently or anything if "a friend" used those instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2008
  2. xxgaretjaxx

xxgaretjaxx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I know some of the Sucrets that come in tins have other chemicals that
    may be dangerous. Especially if you are planning on using a high
    does. The sucrets that come in the bag only contain dxm.
    The bag is blue and it says "Lasts for 5 hours" or something like that
    on it. To perform and extraction, simply place the lonzenges in
    boiling water until they are completely melted and then filter the
    water through a coffee filter. Let the powder on the coffee
    filter dry and you have dxm.

3. Stoners_Life

Stoners_Life Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sucrets lozenges

I have been hearing alot about these here recently and was curious so SWIM purchased 2 18 pack lozenges 36 in total and was wondering what would be the best method for consumption. Would it be best to try the microwave method or just crush them and chase with GrapeFruit juice.

4. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Sucrets lozenges

First, make sure your Sucrets are DXM-only; there are Sucrets which have other active ingredients (I believe which come in a tin), so I recommend you verify you have the "correct" kind of Sucrets (which, I believe, comes in a bag).

I recommend *not* just crushing them up and chasing it with a drink. A recreational dose of DXM, from Sucrets, yields a lot of powder when crushed. It would be best for You to use the method below (unless s/he wants to swallow them all whole o_O).

:::Sucrets Extraction:::
    - Grind or crush the Sucrets up.
    - Dump powder into a bowl of warm water.
    - Heat bowl of water in microwave, stirring every minute, until the Sucrets are dissolved.
    - The powder at the bottom of the bowl is DXM, because DXM HBr is not water soluble.
    - Find a way to dose the powder (after straining out the water). This can be done by drinking it with juice, or letting the powder dry and placing it in gelcaps.

5. Stoners_Life

Stoners_Life Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hmm when SWIM purchased his I did not see any Sucrets in a bag only the 8hr cough supressant one's in a silver tin the only active ingredient on the box was DXM so SWIM hopes the ones in the metal tins will work

Sorry for the double post i couldnt edit my old post but the lozenges I have are the exact ones in this tut. I am probally going to use this method but in the pics they it says
    but in the picture I dont see any chalky white stuff so I am kinda confused on what exactly to look for.

https://drugs-forum.com/threads/4592?highlight=sucrets

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2008
  6. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

The DXM HBr rests on the bottom of the bowl. You simply has to use coffee filter (or a similar product, such as a strainer) to drain the water from the bowl. If You pours the water+sucrets mixture into a coffee filter which is above a water bottle, the water will run into the water bottle and the DXM HBr powder will remain on the coffee filter. You doesn't really have to look for anything (in the extraction guide, or even in his/her own bowl of water+sucrets), You simply has to separate the solids from the liquid to see the product.

7. CountChristoph

CountChristoph Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o

SWIM just bought a pack of sucrets that says 4 hours on the front.
    each losenge contains 15 mg of dxm.

Where it says medical ingridient it only shows Dextromethorphan.
    are these ok to take?
    it only says there is dxm. and not any other things.

8. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

If the only active ingredient is DXM, Sucrets won't be anymore dangerous (or safe) than Robitussin Cough Gels, Robitussin Cough Syrup, Zicam Cough Mist, etc. The only difference between these products (other than the amount of mgs/ml or mgs/gel) is the inactive ingredients, which seem to be negligible. You should take the same precautions when using Sucrets as s/he has in the past when using other DXM products (unless You uses DXM recklessly, in which case s/he should review the DXM FAQ and act more responsible).

9. Buddah

Buddah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  10. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

None of those four include dextromethorphan. They would probably just make one ill. The good ones are called Sucrets DM.

Menthol is easy enough to boil away; since one has to boil the lozenges anyway to get the DXM powder out, one should just boil an extra minute or two until there is no longer any menthol scent.

ECL

11. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Active Ingredients: Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (10 mg) (Cough Suppressant)

Inactive Ingredients: Corn Syrup, FD&C Red 40, FD&C Blue 1, Flavor, Menthol, Water Purified, Sucrose, Titanium Dioxide.

Attached Files:

• 300.jpg
      300.jpg
      File size:
      18.3 KB
      Views: