1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Question - suicidal thoughts on a shroom trip?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushroom use' started by i am zac, Nov 20, 2016.

1. i am zac

i am zac Newbie

Reputation Points:
    23 y/o Male from earth
    i was just wondering if anyone else has ever had suicidal thoughts nearing the end of a bad trip on magic shams.

2. trappstar600

trappstar600 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Just a quick heads up for future reference, make sure your posts aren't 1 or 2 lines long. Try your best to elaborate the question as much as you can.

Now, to answer your question to my best abilities, Mushrooms, unlike other psychedelics, tend to be more of a mind fuck, and really gets into your subconscious, where you think VERY deeply about certain topics, (for most people at least) so what you're describing might be a very hard question to answer because many people's minds and sober behaviours are so different.

However, while sober do you find yourself depressed/down emotionally? This could be one of the reasons, also if you're anxious (in a bad way) before you trip, this can definitely effect one's mental process while under the influence of Psylocibin.

Many characteristics can come into play, but without enough knowledge about you as a person, I can't answer this question to my fullest extent.

3. Lady Codone

Lady Codone Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    Definitely possible. All my trips have been dark and negative...depressing, not scary or panic-inducing. I did contemplate the pointlessness of existence on LSD, but I haven't ever seriously considered acting on a suicidal impulse during a trip.

If you find yourself in that situation, seek help immediately from a sober trip sitter or emergency care worker. People have harmed and killed themselves on psychedelics before. I know of a story from a local festival involving someone running into a fire while intoxicated and dying horribly :\

4. LazyMonkey

LazyMonkey Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from italy
    Same here, but it's not really intense on shrooms or LSD.

I find it much more prolly with DMT, especially in combo with MeO-DMT, Bufotenine or tropanes (safe potentiator/antiemetic dosage).
    While it's pretty common that HDPI lead to depression most of the times and eventually to suicide, acute hallucinogenic substance dosing doesn't bring you to take the action to any concrete point.
    You just weight the chance, with heavy dose i find myself taking loads of time to choose a confortable position, if i want to stand or sit or other foll-proof decisions.

I guess it would be very hard to really kill yourself.

If you search scientific licterature you'll not find a single case of suicide directly linked to hallucinogen use.
    Can't say the same for antidepressants...

Don't fear the awareness :)