Culture - super high dose LSD trips

Discussion in 'LSD' started by Chaote, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Chaote

Chaote Newbie

Reputation Points:
    To my understanding the the early sixties LSD was legal and copuld be bought in like pharmacies so why werent ppl taking super high doses like 5000mics+? or did they?

2. hellion

hellion Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    IN PHARMACIES?!

If so, I would be surprised if they didn't!

3. TheContrivance

TheContrivance Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o from U.S.A.

yes they did...back then a single hit was between 300-500 mics, nowadays its usually between 50 (very crappy) and 200

4. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, in the Good Old Days, pharaceutical-grade LSD was there.

Before LSD was illegalized, people could order some straight from the Drug company. My Uncle ordered 10 Hits from Squibb; each Hit was 100 micro-Grams(I think he paid XXX for it). He tried it once. It was OK, but he wasn't interested in more Trips. He gave the other 9 Hits to his next-door neighbor, who promptly used it up.

TheContrivance said: "back then a single hit was between 300-500 mics, nowadays its usually between 50 (very crappy) and 200." I do NOT think that "back then" anyone was selling 500-micro-Gram Hits (or even 300). And today, I have never heard of a 200-micro-Gram Hit.

And Chaote, for a Zinging 3000-mic Trip, look no further than Nagognog (our trusty Moderator). Read his Trip Report. It's a doozie.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2006
  5. a-SalviaLover

a-SalviaLover Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from guam
    I wonder why they say for example that shroomz and DMT are more psychedelic than LSD. I haven't tried it and I can't say anything. But what would be the difference between a large dose 500 mcg and a large dose shroomz (10 gr fried). And how exactly is the psychedelic measured. I doubt that doses play an important role here. Psychedelics are the greatest mystery of all the psychoactives. The mystery of people's souls.

6. PenguinPhreak

PenguinPhreak Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Trust me, after your first hit of DMT you will never say LSD is
    anywhere near as intense. DMT is as powerful, if not more powerful,
    than Salvia Divinorum. Of course there is no way to objectively measure
    this, but I very seriously doubt anyone who has tried DMT and LSD would
    claim LSD is more psychedelic.
    Edited by: PenguinPhreak

7. panamapaul

panamapaul Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Well, I don't think you could actually buy it in drug stores even then but you could order it from some RX companies. I didn't start tripping until the 70's so I have no personal info. but if you read Jay Stevens 'Storming Heaven' and some others you'll see that the standard 60's dose was much higher than now..between 150 - 300 mics. And yes, many people did take mega doses of 1,000 mics or more...Ken Kesey and Tim Leary to name two. Even in the 70's you could still sometimes find really strong acid. By the 80's it had gotten much more expensive and weaker. I read that the standard dose in the 90's was around 25 to 50 mics.

8. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    LSD was legal for some time and could be ordered from Sandoz I know. I saw a documentary on LSDand supposedly Leary tried to order 100g of LSD and a kilo of psilosibin, which was right before it was made illegal. Its not like it wouldnt have become illegal anyeways, but Sandoz definitely didnt want to supply him with all those doses.

9. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Timothy Leary was working as a professor of clinical psychiatry for Harvard University at the time, so he was able to order LSD-25 and psylocybin for "investigational" purposes. Sadly, it was never available atpharmacies.Later Sandoz stopped selling psychedelics and even recalled the LSD they had sent out earlier.

Early blotters, like those made by Owsley, were much stronger than ones made later. "LSD made a comeback in the 1990s, especially through the acid house scene and raver subculture. However, the current average oral dose consumed by users is 30 to 50 micrograms, a decrease of nearly 90 percent from the 1960 average dose of 250 to 300 micrograms." -Wikipedia

Edited by: enquirewithin

10. VictorBorge

VictorBorge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Actually I think if it were possible to smoke LSD, one would probably find
    it just as intense if not more so than DMT. I've taken very high doses of
    both LSD and DMT orally, and although they are very different, I would
    not say that one is qualitatively more intense. The biggest difference is
    the body load (LSD=almost none, DMT=a lot), and the fact that DMT is
    more shroomy and "spiritual".

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Augustus Owsley Stanley's most infamous product was a small tablet imprinted with the Batman logo. It contained 5ooug of LSD25. This lil' darling made the scene in 1967.

12. Freakin_KAT

Freakin_KAT Newbie

Reputation Points:
    LSD Seems simpler and I love it O and Mescaline is Freakin kool too But near impossable to get my dad as told me storys O and isn't DMT from a frog or am I wrong?

13. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda

Not quite! It is in many plants and is even found in the human body in
    minute amounts (in the brain and spine), but 5 MEO-DMT (a short-acting
    trptamine with similar yet completely different effects to DMT) is
    supposed to be found in the glands of the Bufo alverius toad, not that I would reccomend toad-licking as a good way to get high!

14. dogcow

dogcow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    backanumber of years agomy friends and i dropped and then squirted a dropper hit on a bowl of weed and smoked it. I thik the only fx were placebo and from hte hits we dropped.

-dc

15. dogcow

dogcow Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth

If by psychadelic you mean producing the strongest visual hallucinations I'd say shrooms blows away acid completely. Mescaline is a close second IMO but i'd really have to try a higher dose than 350-400mgs I took, to say for sure. DXM at 1gram+ creates a large amount of closed and opened eye visuals (actually it doesnt matter if ur eyes are open or closed u will see the same hallucinations)

I didnt find i got many visual hallucinations from LSD at all Most of it was more liek visual distortions. Very abstract stuff like greatful-dead sticker type of stuff. Also nothing that was not at least somewhat vaguely based in reality (eg. you see a shadow on the floor and it twists around your leg). High doses of mushrooms and DXM will produce flat out HALLUCINATIONS of things that have no basis what so ever in reality (something which does not exist what so ever).

Mescaline I found to have similar visuals to acid but slightly more "coherent" where as the visuals manifested as actual things such as pictures movig images coming out of the movie and computer screen.

I have never got any effects from salvia besides headache and sleepyness.

-dc

Edited by: dogcow

16. Strangedaze39

Strangedaze39 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    heat destroys LSD er der

17. polloloco001

polloloco001 Gold Member

Reputation Points:

ive heard that you get a bufo alvarious toad, let it chill and eat flys
    or whatever for 6 weeks, then you kinda squeeze it and drip its juices
    off it and put the juice on some weed and its 5-meo-dmt, so you smoke
    it and are fuckin OUT, and then you can do it again in 6 weeks.

18. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I dont know how they can say DMT is more powerful that lsd. I mean I guess if you take a normal dose, but imagine taking 30mg of LSD. WHOA. I cant really differentiate powerful and potent. LSD is more potent for sure, but I guess DMT is more powerful if you take a regular dose. It just isnt normaly to take 30mg of lsd.

19. marleysherb

marleysherb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    From what I have heard, DMT and salvia are very close in resemblance.
    They both send you to +++++, with the right amount. Although, with LSD
    I have had very little effect. I wasn't around for the LSD25 days,
    so he cannot comment. Only blotter days and liquid days. 2c's remind
    SWIM of LSD body load, but Salvia is a much different story. No body
    load with salvia, no negative effects...except for jumping too quickly
    into level 5. Dimitri is another story.