Supplements for detoxing/cleansing the body

Discussion in 'General Addiction discussion' started by Jingleballicks, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Jingleballicks

Jingleballicks Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm not sure where to put this topic, so I put it here.
    Would it be a good idea to buy a detox system every now and this to cleanse the system of all the impurites?
    A clean slate if you will...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  2. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It can't hurt, I've done it. The one I took was not only for de-tox, but to clean out my whole system.

The only thing is when I sweated the toxins out of my body, it stained my clothes and the bed linen yellow. It looked like I had pissed the bed and my clothes. LOL

BA

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  3. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I used New Vitality Colon & Body cleanse. I took 2 tablets in the morning and 2 at night with plenty of water.

You can go to any health food store or anyplace that sells herbal remedies and ask for a Colon & Body Cleanser.

I purchased a two month supply but only used one month because I had to go to the hospital for surgery and you can not take herbal remedies if your having anesthesia.

Be mindful of your body when you take any type of cleanser. Sometimes people have reactions from any type of herbal remedy. I plan on going to a health food store soon and try a different type, just to see which one works better.

BA

4. BA

BA Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Dinerboy1, reread all the posts above, nowhere did anyone say anything about their habit. De-toxifying your body is cleaning out any impurities in your system, it does not cure you from your habit, you have to do that by not taking anymore drugs ("habbit").

BA

5. linemup

linemup Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Looking for specific supplements to aid detoxification

Hey all,

I am going to be quitting everything soon and I know all about how drugs will stay stored in your fatty tissues for years and when they mobilize they can cause cravings, etc.

Can anyone tell me where to purchase a supplement that will help mobilize toxins in your fatty tissues so that you can release them though urine and sweat? The Narconon program uses them in their rehab course, but they don't give you any details on where to get them. I've also searched the net but to no avail.

[Narconon is associated with scientology, and to the best of my knowledge is untested scientifically. - Dickon]

Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to combine this with some regular cardio and sauna (sweat) time plusa week long vacation away from all of it and hopefully I won't crave shit anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009
  6. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Here are some herbs that might be able to help with detoxification, and cut some of the effects your talking about, I hope this is what you were looking for:

Echinacea, lymph cleanser, improves lymphocyte and phagocyte actions

Red clover, blood cleanser, good during convalescence and healing

Dandelion, liver and blood cleanser, diuretic, filters toxins, a tonic

Burdock root, skin and blood cleanser, diuretic and diaphoretic, improves liver function, antibacterial and antifungal properties

Yellow Dock,skin, blood, and liver cleanser, contains vitamin C and iron

Oregon grape root, skin and colon cleanser, blood purifier, liver stimulant

Chaparral tea, a strong blood cleanser

Cayenne pepper, blood purifier, increases fluid elimination and sweat

Ginger root, stimulates circulation and sweating

Licorice root, great detoxifier," biochemical balancer, mild laxative

Sarsaparilla root--blood and lymph cleanser, contains saponins, which reduce microbes and toxins

Parsley leaf, diuretic, flushes kidneys

Goldenseal, blood, liver, kidney, and skin cleanser, stimulates detoxification

Hope thathelps some. Good luck!</font>

7. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Milk Thistle and SAM-e detoxify the liver.