Survival Drugs & Data

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Woodman, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    During the American Civil War, hundreds of thousands of lives were lost from battlefield injuries which were not properly attended. A glancing wound from a stray bullet (what would now be considered a “minor” injury) would often developed into a severe infection resulting in amputation or death.

Today, we have many ways to treat such injury. Some are structural, and some are medicinal.

As this is a site apparently devoted to safe drug use, I can think of no better topic than the application of these drugs in a way that could be beneficial in life-threatening and/or life-enhancing (ie. pain reduction) situations.

For example; appropriate application of topical and systemic antibiotics (type, dosage, interval, etc.)? Advantages of IV vs. oral?

And what is the proper ratio for a "Pain Cocktail?"

How do you set an IV, and why flush IV with heparin?

In hard times, medical assistance may not be readily accessible and in such situation it would be advantageous to at least have a cursory knowledge of medicinal drugs and their proper applications.

Perhaps I'm reaching too far. Sometimes my mind wanders; my thoughts go off the reservation, but I feel this is an important area worth exploring.

What do YOU think?

2. Woodman

Woodman A very strange person. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o from U.S.A.
    Damn!

I thought someone would have responded to this by now.

I guess there are more USERS visiting & commenting on this site than there are OTHER INTERESTED people.

Am I out-of-line, is it NOT appropriate to question whether you people are more Interested in GETTING HIGH than staying ALIVE?

I'm not trying to redirect this sites agenda. I'm just searching for relevant (applicable & possibly lifesaving) data.

PLEASE?

Ah,SHIT! Maybe you're like ME & wanting it yourselves. If that's the case, then I'm sorry Friends!

I guess I'm just a little info-thirsty.

3. Mellow_natts

Mellow_natts Newbie

Reputation Points:
    while I'm sure the time may come when this is a necessity, my interest with psychoactives come more froma curiousity of exploring consciouness as opposed to self induced health care.

4. Hollywood

Hollywood Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o from U.S.A.
    Woodman I feel you on what your saying man. I have always been interested in medicine. I've neverneeded help and not been able to get to a hospital. I hate to think I would have to depend on someone for treatment. Good point.