SWIM Bought some Salvia divinorum awhile ago - supposedly

Discussion in 'Salvia divinorum' started by s0uThp4rk, Jun 17, 2006.

1. s0uThp4rk

s0uThp4rk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, I had bought some Salvia off the net. It came in a vacuum sealed back, I thought this was odd, but didn't really think anything of it later. Then the night came for swim to try it out. He opened it up, and there was a very strong smell, swims buddy said it smelled exactly like pot. swim then proceeded to smoke it, and the smoke was very nice and not really harsh. after that nothing really happened. I started smoking more of it and then just noticed he was a little high that was about it. - oh and his reaction time was way slowed down and he was a little paranoid. swims buddy still swore that the smoke was pot. Nothing else came of it. He did have a bit of a dry mouth, that was also noted. Swim's question is if you think this guy sold him pot as salvia incense? or gave him some other kind of herbs because I didn't get any of the effects salvia is supposed to give. Could have been weak salvia or something but it just seems odd to swim. :confused:

2. s0uThp4rk

s0uThp4rk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    update: Swim smoked it again and just got high - I don't think this is the norm for salvia, but he wouldn't know because he never smoked it. Not any type of hallucination in sight.. and it lasts swim about an hr or more.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    How did you smoke it exactly? Salvia is supposed to smoked on a pipe or bong and never in joints or blunts because of its rapid combustion rate.

4. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Could you describe what it looks like? All the salvia I have seen looks pretty different from weed.

5. s0uThp4rk

s0uThp4rk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I smoked it from a sort of pipe, it has an area where you inhale - I didn't have a real pipe handy so he used a toilet roll and tin foil but it seemed to swim that it worked well enough. Armatitumor: it looks green and it's completely crushed up, so it's really hard to tell what it really is. It's supposed to be 5X salvia. I smoked some today even and was high again for about 2 or 3 hrs without even smoking much at all. I was actually pissed off a little because he wanted to be able to think clearly lol. I could take a digital photograph if it would help any.

6. Allex

Allex Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well that sounds like very poor quality, or some kind of substitute. It should be small crushed up dark green leaves. And you won't feel a pleasant buzz on salvia either. It should be an out of this world experience (at least on 10x). I would use two words to sum up salvia: Utterly Strange. It's a worthwhile experience though. Get a 10x extract from a reputable online store and you can take a good dose in one hit held in for 30 secs. It should last 3-5 minutes but is ultra-intense. SWIM entered another dimension (or exited this one perhaps) - that was my experience.

7. s0uThp4rk

s0uThp4rk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    yea it must not be salvia then because swm said it is just a pleasant buzz - and actually seemed pretty euphoric. but still made it a little hard to think - and gives a dry mouth, over eating ( a small bit) , and the first time smoked little to no effects and a headache. I am looking at the leaves, and he says they are almost brownish but not really - maybe I will take a picture... swim also said he really didnt feel like moving while on it, he'd rather stare at nothing. not sure exactly what this stuff is but it's still ok. Cept I was expecting something completelely different when he smoked it.

8. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    The fact that you smoked it out of a makeshift pipe (using tinfoil which is highly carcinogenic) gives me the impression that you didn't inhale it all in properly. Get yourself a proper pipe, fill the bowl, and spark it while inhaling deeply for about five seconds and try to hold it for as long as you can thereafter. That's how salvia is supposed to be smoked.

9. s0uThp4rk

s0uThp4rk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I will pay for a pipe, but I don't think it will do any good - the stuff doesn't give SWIM any of the salvia effects. Yea, SWIM knew the tin foil wasn't good for his body, but a lot of things aren't good for SWIM's body, and SWIM probably gets more harmful stuff when he walks outside. What you described, is the exact method I used with the homemade pipe. He put the flame over, (and kept it over) inhaled deeply for about 5-10 seconds and then held the smoke for about 15 seconds if it was a good hit, if not 30 seconds. I'm curious why you're talking to me and not my buddy SWIM? :)

10. s0uThp4rk

s0uThp4rk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I said that the seconds held was an overestimate - it was probably more lke 5-10 seconds on a good hit and maybe 15 if it wasn't. (can't edit on here :\ )

11. s0uThp4rk

s0uThp4rk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I am going to forget about Salvia for the time being. If he does decide to ever try again - he will do it with better extract (10X) from a reputable seller, and a good pipe/water pipe. Thinking about it more deeply, I don't think he's ready for salvia, and he's pretty sure that he was sold some other kind of herbs and not salvia. I did do research on salvia before deciding to get it, but now he doesn't think he wants to take it. (Maybe a little scared of what salvia could really do..) In a way, he's glad it didn't work.

12. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Could SWIS post a picture of what he got? Hes got SWIM intrigued now. Has SWIS smoked weed before? if so do the effects feel like weed? And SWIS shouldnt be scared to try salvia, it is intense but only for a few minutes, and as long as he has a friend with him to make sure he doesnt do anything harmful to himself for those few minutes theres not much danger. Try hitting it out of a real pipe and holding it in at least 30 seconds and report back if you got a more salvia like experience or still an odd one.

13. s0uThp4rk

s0uThp4rk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    no I haven't smoked weed before, I am going to ponder over whether or not to try salvia again from a better source, he will wait till he gets his computer fixed up and has the cash for it. I will get a pipe and try the stuff again sometime soon and see if it does anything different. Here's a link to the image - (Rather large, so here's a thumbnail from SWIM. I think this is allowed - in the rules i dont really see anything against it ) Click for full size [​IMG]

14. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    That does look like salvia though SWIM can't guarantee that. Basically, if you smokes it just like salvia is supposed to be smoked (pipe: check, burn it properly: check, hold it in: check), it should work unless it's ridiculously cheap bunk salvia.

15. s0uThp4rk

s0uThp4rk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I was wondering if it is it better to use a torch lighter or just use a regular lighter and hold it over while smoking? (He is going to get a pipe)

16. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Salvinorin requires a high temperature to volatize, so using a butane-torch type ignition source would likely give better results. Make certain your monkey's apparatus can handle high temperatures, as well as taking care not to singe the chimp's lungs.

17. s0uThp4rk

s0uThp4rk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I smoked some more today out of a pipe with a Bic lighter. Still, nothing happened. He got high, and that was about it. I think he may not be smoking enough of it, he will keep trying.

18. s0uThp4rk

s0uThp4rk Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, I smoked all of it - it's gone He had about 2 grams and he thinks there may have been 1 or less grams left so he just smoked it all. Nothing. He got sweaty and pins and needles but that quickly passed so he's guessing it just wasn't strong enough. Oh well - guess he'll have to buy some more some day..