SWIM has never taken DMT before

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by Ntlzyjstdntcare, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Ntlzyjstdntcare

Ntlzyjstdntcare Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    I have a few newbie questions.

After preparing ayahuasca is it possible to store the mixture for later consumption, or should it be consumed immediately? I am thinking of a storage period of about a week. And if it is possible to store it, does the mixture become less potent over time?

Also, were SWIM to extract crystals from his rootbark, how would he store the crystals? SWIM hears that the crystals oxidise upon contact with air.

SWIM just got his first batch of root bark in the post, and is really excited. He'll post updates of his experiences.

2. TheAngryGolfer

TheAngryGolfer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    dunno about aya.... but DMT freebase crystals are best stored in an amber vial or jar in the freezer.

an amber vial is not absolutely necessary as long as it is kept in something airtight in the freezer (theres no light in the freezer while its closed anyway).

3. Ntlzyjstdntcare

Ntlzyjstdntcare Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    Should it be kept away from light as well as air? And where would SWIM find an amber vial? Although I should have no problem finding some sort of airtight container.

4. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    SWIM kept his freshly extracted DMT crystals in the freezer in a bag which was in a jar. No problems here, and SWIM stored one batch for over two months with no problems.

5. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    Keeping it away from sunlight and moisture is the most important thing. Sunlight has an ultraviolet component which degrades many chemicals. I have 10 grams in an amber vial that has been in an ammo box at rooom temperature for months. No change in potency...