Oral use - SWIM has possibly discovered a way to extend Methylone peak

Discussion in 'Beta-Ketones' started by Abrad, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Today I took 200mg of Methylone. Anyway the results were as expected and about 2 hours after ingestion he began to come down.
    It was then that he he noticed a touch of heartburn. He took 2 Gaviscon chewable tablets which contain 250mg sodium alginate, 133.5mg sodium bicarbonate as its active ingredients.
    About 20 minutes after taking these he started to feel as if he was peaking again although less intensely. This lasted about 40 minutes and ended quite suddenly. Wondering if the indigestion tablets could have somehow caused this he took 2 more and after a few minutes came back up again.
    So now 5 hors after ingestion I am still peaking nicely. Could this have been caused by one of the ingredients in the Gaviscon or is there some other factor at play? If anybody plans to dose their labrats with M1 could they please try this and post the results.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2007
    1. 5/5,
      Excellent discovery!
      Jul 19, 2006
    2. 5/5,
      Very intriguing observation. Have some empiricism brownie points.
      Jul 12, 2006
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo will take a look at this with the NaHCO3. Any monkey care to try the alginate end?

Report should surface in the week from Bongo & Associates, Ltd.

3. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    Inactive ingredients are mannitol, macrogol 20,000, magnesium stearate and aspartame. 2 tabs were taken at the tail-end of the peak. For SWIM it seems to have made the usual speedy after effects of M1 feel much more like the peak effects albeit less intense. This is a welcome change. I also take Cetizerine Hydrocloride (anti-histamine) daily but doesn't think this had anything to do with it as he was using it the days of his other M1 experiences too.
    Does anybody have any insight into why it has had this effect?
    SWIM anxiously awaits Bongos report...

4. turkeyphant

turkeyphant Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If I remember, she will perform some experiments. How certain are you that this is not placebo or some other effect?

5. Cure20

Cure20 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o from Canada
    This sound interesting...
    What was SWIabrad's diet before consumtion of all this.

6. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    mannitol increase the absorption of chemicals through the blood brain barrier... could be a possibility. its used to cut coke for that reason and it usually increases potency by ensuring more of the chemical is taken into the brain before its metabolized... just a thought though.

1. 3/5,
      helpful post
      Jul 11, 2006
  7. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    It couldn't be the expectancy effect as the only thing I was expecting it to do was cure his heartburn. I cannot think of anything else that could account for the effects SWIM experienced.
    I hadn't eaten for ~12 hours before ingesting the M1.

8. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Interesting.

-Perhaps it has to do with digestion and the sodium bicarbonate that neutralises stomach acid? What would the effects of stomach acid on methylone be?

I have heard one rumour of sodium bicarbonate making MDMA feel stronger. (I remember it's somewhere in an old erowid report)

-What about the artificial sweetener? This here says

9. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    from wikipedia:

Mannitol is used mainly to reduce intracranial pressure in the cranium and to treat patients with oliguric renal failure. It is administered intravenously, and is filtered in the kidney. Given as a hypertonic solution, it increases distal tubule delivery of Na+ and water, resulting in increased urine formation.

Mannitol can also be used to open the blood-brain barrier by temporarily shrinking the tightly coupled endothelial cells that make up the barrier. This makes mannitol indispensable for delivering various drugs directly to the brain (e.g. in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease).

a friend of swim also swears that basifying the stomach when taking any amph based drug ups absorption but swims unsure if this is absolute truth.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
    1. 5/5,
      Great post
      Jul 12, 2006
  10. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    id also like to note that using almost any substance with mannitol will potentiate in my experience. I will have to see if it helps for X but thats where my suspicions point. mannitol and sorbitol are different then most artifiical sweetners for that unique quality they have.

11. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    From the Desk of Bongo:

Rule out the NaHCO3. No effect upon administration regards extending effects. Repeated several times.

Bongo is also thinking mannitol might be a more likely candidate. However in that serotonin is mostly found in the gut - we might be looking at a combination of blood/brain and digestive tract serotonin release here. This could be a very complex course of events.

Bongo does not doubt abrad's monkey.

12. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    I will repeat this in a week or two but first wants to wait for tolerance to drop. After reading RXBandits posts mannitol would seem quite likely.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2006
  13. grandbaby

grandbaby Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o
    I [heart] abrad84.

Please report on further test results. Would it make sense to administer the Gaviscon beforehand, or only to administer at the end of the peak, do you think?

14. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    Well I took it at the end of the peak but if it is to do with mannitol opening the BBB then surely taking it beforehand would intensify the experience. Maybe a lower dose would be required? More investigation is needed.

15. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    What dose of mannitol would one use ? Seems like there wouldn't be that much in gaviscon.
    Any thoughts ?

Snapper

16. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    geez, is inositol next on the list of things to 'extend the roll'? all y'all may notice that most agents contributing to reducing the acidity of the GI tract also may in fact potentiate the effects of amphetamine type stimulants.

17. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Inositol...a B vitamin? Don't these B-vitamins also have an effect on serotonin?

That's why I mentioned sodium bicarbonate in my last post.

18. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, if decreasing acidity of the stomach is helping, one would think bicarb would be the magic bullet. However, Bongo's desk assures us it is not. So what dose of mannitol would be a good starter, or does SWIM have to figure this one out for my not-self ?

Snapper

19. Abrad

Reputation Points:
    I have been trying to find the dosage of mannitol per tab but cannot. Maybe somebody can make an educated guess as to what dosage would be effective in opening the BBB?

20. snapper

snapper Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Well, what's the worst that can happen with oral mannitol ? Might make You pee a bit more ... Might want to start with 5000 mg and work you's way up. Pull up an MSDS or PDR listing and see how toxic it is. It is used in medicine to reduce cerebral edema and as a diuretic.

Snapper

Tags: