swim has thc extraction ideas ...

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by stompykore, Jan 16, 2006.

1. stompykore

stompykore Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i was talking to swim a few days ago and she has come into quite an amount of bud... whilest we were choppd as ... we though of a few ideas on thc extraction/isomerisation...

idea 1) using metholated spirits (metho) to extract the thc.... i figured this would be ok as metho is 95% ethanol and 5% methanol... but the reason we wouldnt mind using this is because .... its cheap... the methanol might extract what the ethanol cant (good or bad) ... and it evaporates very fast...

idea 2) i recently read of using "acetate anhydride" to make the pure THC into a stronger more psychedelic form closer to the synthesized delta-9-thc... me n swim were thinking that maybe we could condence vinegar (5% acetic acid) to a stronger solution and use that ??? as acetate anhydride is dangerous and hard-ish to get round here...

idea 3) while reading a methcathinone synt, I thought about using the same process to crystalise the thc for smoking in a crackpipe (tobacco vapouriser) ....

ne valid ideas welcome ...... cheers

2. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Idea 1) Ethanol, alone will do a full extraction. Vodka will also do the same thorough job of extraction. No reason to use Methanol.

Idea 2) As I understand it, synthetic THC is no more strong than regular THC. I know people who have taken the Pot-pill; it is certainly not more psychedelic than regular Pot (in fact, it has no cannabinoids in it, so it is weaker). And, condensing vinegar will NOT turn vinegar into acetate anhydride.

Idea 3) You haven't explained enough to make make sense sense. More more input input please, one-Post newbie.

3. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Why don't you just do a butane extraction? It's pretty close to as pure as you're going to get, and is fast and easy.

4. cactus

cactus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    ice water is far better than any other method I has used.

5. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    castus - you mean ice water and filtration of bubble tricromes? yes bubble hash is nice, but butane extraction can extract even more THC oil after you're ran it through your bubblebags.