Swim has tolerated 20mg doses lopeimide

Discussion in 'Opiate & Opioid addiction' started by southridge, May 7, 2007.

1. southridge

southridge Newbie

Reputation Points:
    57 y/o
    :) Swim noticed profound reduction in insane restlessness of prescription rx opiate withdrawl after taking 16mg (8-2mg caplets). a little googling revealed immodium ad to be a synthetic opiate that is thought not to cross the BBB. Quinine is thought to aid in its crossing from gut wall that it is designed to bind to into the brain. The small amounts in tonic water seem to help, but of course rx quinine (for "leg cramps") would be better. Quinine is nasty stuff & strong caution is advised. swim's research revealed that they tested immodium at 60mg in opiate niave with no ill effects other than nausea & vomiting, & of course that is a clue that in large doses some makes it across the BBB. Swim began using the substance at 20mg per 8hrs & maintaining bowel movements with large doses of senna. Complete cessitation of restlessness!!!! However, you will not sleep. the24/ 48 hr mark sleep deprivation psycosis begins am almost amphetimine like experince. you wont be on your game but you can function well enough to get things done wich is a dramatic & potential life changing for positive in my life instead of it falling apart in the hell of withdrawl. warning!! Swim might be a cheap date! Everyones system is differant & this may have no effect other than constipation. My knowledge does not extend beyond the realm of rx opiates. be safe. check this out & increse slowly till restless subsides.

2. hoodabudda

hoodabudda Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  3. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Very interesting. Does the loperamide also alleviate other withdrawal symptoms than restlessness (and, obviously, diarrhea)? Does it relieve cramps, etc.

4. nancydrew

nancydrew Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    it is actually indicated for diarrhea... it's brand name is immodium.

5. nancydrew

nancydrew Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Paracelsus -- oh my appologies... i read too quick... i thought you were asking if it worked for stopping diarhea, but you were stating that it obviously does as that is what it's for! :eek: