SWIM took 1050mg and didn't reach 3rd plateau

Discussion in 'DXM' started by neolix, Aug 27, 2006.

1. neolix

neolix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi there!

swim tried dxm for the first time two months ago , he is a 60kg boy and he took 450mg of DXM. This first trip wasn't very intense, looks like if I had smoke weed and drunk some alcohol at the same time.

last friday, swim wanted to try dxm again and took 1050mg at once. About 3 hours later he was nicely tripping. Looked like he was in a dream. But still able to think and move. He say the trip was strong but he didn't get any visual and he thinks he was still in the second plateau...

So now...
    I would like to try a higher dosage, 1200-1500mg of dxm. but I was told 20mg/kg could kill someone...

what do you think, should I try higher dosage ? or what ?

peace

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Anything over 1,000mg is considered risky. 1,500mg can put some people in bad shape in hospital. 2,000mg has, from what I've read, killed folks.

If 1,050mg wasn't that much for SWIM, then perhaps I should look for something else. Most people are quite blown away at anything over 750mg.

3. neolix

neolix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    thanks for the answer

swim's also wondering if that's possible that he tripped more than he think but this part of the trip was juste deleted from his memories ?

if swim can't try a higher dosage, he heard that drink a lot of grapefruit juste before eating dxm would make the trip more intense , should he try?

peace

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I should do his/her homework. No one here can/will suggest one does anything that is illegal or potentially dangerous. Anywhere in the world.

5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That is quite interesting to swim. He gets a niced stoned sort of trippy feeling from 300mg and can reach the 2nd plateau with 500mg about.

To him the second plateau (though it may be the transition between 1st and 2nd plateaus) is an almost like ecstasy feeling, well actually it feels just like ecstasy except not as much pure joy, and then visuals start coming in slowly.

The third plateau he has reached with a dose ranging from 600mg - 800mg. This level has had amazing visuals and effects. I will post a trip report for swim sometime today detailing it further.

Swim thinks it may be that too much DXM was taken resulting in You reaching the fourth plateau and being in such a delerious state of mind that he was unable to really understand/remember what was going on.

I should give it some time in case tolerance is an issue and then try again with a low dose to see if it gives him effects. If he doesn't feel any effects from doses of 300mg - 500mg then maybe he is especially tolerant to DXM or possibly another substance such as an SSRI is impeding the DXM's effects. Its hard to tell, though if You is having so much trouble getting positive effects off of DXM maybe he should just look for another substance to play with.

6. Ranke

Ranke Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    If swim read the post correctly then this was only swiy's second time. At 1050mg You should have been tripping so hard you didn't know which way was up and which was down. But since You didn't get a trip like this swim wonders what You might have taken that would weaken it. Was You on any medications or had You taken any other drugs recently. If all of this is wrong In swims opinion you were probably tripping harder then you thought. If You want to feel the full effects lay down and turn on some music. Unless You are taking a heroic dose of dxm you can fight it off. So make sure you have a good setting so you can enjoy.

Sorry for the rambling in this swim just drank 4oz of tussin :crazy

7. neolix

neolix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    hi there. thanks for your answers :)
    swim juste bought some dxm again and he's going to try a lower dose tonight (750mg). also he will probably smoke some weed when the dxm trip starts.

I amn't on medication and didn't take any other drug the same week.

this time swim hopes he will remember the trip , hehe.

peace
    ++

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
  8. neolix

neolix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ahah swim love dxm :)

I took 750mg at 8:30pm, and the trip came near 0:00am then he smoked some weed. It was a great feeling, two hours later, I felt in a dream, he had a music distortion and even enjoyed a double-vision. but not really any great visual. I saw good things with closed-eyes (white world with moving lignes).

anyway swim really love dxm but find the trip really strange so swim have to trip again ^^

thanks a lot
    peace shines

9. Domspun

Domspun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    music distortion?? must be the weed!:D

750-800mg is swim preferred dose, not too strong and good effect.

10. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    I have had experiences with 500MG and 830MG of DXM. The 500MG put SWIM into a solid second plateau that he enjoyed very much. The 830MG dose took SWIM to another world completely full of enchantments and hallucinations. It was quite interesting, but not SWIM's favorite drug...

If SWIneolix took 1050MG he weas probably in a fourth plateau state that is often so disorienting that SWIneolix may not have been able to comprehend what was going on...

Let us know how the 750MG trip goes!

11. naturespirals

naturespirals Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Plateaus

There isn't a set number of milligrams You must take to reach a certain plateau. Please taken into account that this is purely my view on the drug itself. It doesn't even matter if you or anyone you know is a DXM user or not. Plateaus are expressions of the feelings that were originally derived from a DXM trip. Just like the term "trip" was first used with the drug LSD. It's terminology, not a syllabus for when you're supposed to feel what and after how much. It's kind of like aligning your Chakras. Hitting that majestic spot. The best term I've heard for the feeling people are getting when properly referring to the third plateau is "Hitting the Soul's Reset Button", another slightly entertaining one, and sorry if I offend anyone is the G-spot of your subconscious self. I know for SWIM, DXM opened doors that would have never been discovered in My being, and having those doors opened, they will never again be shut.

Another mistake you might have been making is the surroundings you're in. I have been on about 1200Mg I memory serves correctly, and that usually has him floating pretty high, but in a room full of people not feeling what he was feeling, with video games blaring and lights on, it felt like little more than being, like you had mentioned, drunk and stoned.

12. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    First: 1.5 - 2.5mg/kg body weight
    Second: 2.5-7.5 mg/kg
    Third: 7.5-15 mg/kg
    Fourth: >15mg/kg

These are dosages according to Erwoid.

SWIM tends to agree with SWInaturespirals, though. The setting of the experience can have profound effects on how You interprets what really happened.

Try again in a more controlled environment.

13. naturespirals

naturespirals Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Plateaus

SWIM trusts the knowledge found on erowid, but there is no set amount for different plateaus, One of SWIM's friends who is about 230 lbs.(don't know how many kgs) tried 350mgs their first time, and they were definitely at a high plateau dosage as far as their experience went.

14. neolix

neolix Newbie

Reputation Points:
    naturespirals is probably right ;)
    I took 1110mg of dxm and smoked weed last friday. He rember the trip was great but can't remember a lot :s

peace