Swim took 10mg's xanax (Alprazolam) 1st day...

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Wyborowa, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    the 2nd day, I took 20mg's of xanax (right now)

swIm don't know wat to expect tomorrows I am prescribed K-pin 1mg's 3x's a day....should I feel anything at all from these 20mg';s of xanax even though I took 10mg's the day before? Also, how should I feel tomorrow? I am planning on taking at least 2mg of K-pin so my body has benzo;'s in it tomo.

Should swims 2 day xanax binge have adverse effects the next 2-4 days?

Any help suggestions would be grateful...thaks a bunch!

and yes, i USED THE F***ing Search engine and found Shiite!

2. Spare Chaynge

Spare Chaynge Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: I took 10mg's xanax 1st day...

ok unless your a huge drug addict 20mg of xanax would be considerd a extremely bad choice that would lead to the hosptial or detox. 20mg of xanax would be 10 xanax bars, each divide into four pieces. they are 2mg each. that would be a huge overdose.

what I think you are thinking that 10=1mg and 20=2mg. or if not youd be like swim overmedicated.

3. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

No, I take 1mg's of kolonopin 2x's daily, by my phychiatrist. Swim just binged out on Xanax the last two days, yesterday I took 10, 1mg's of xanax(at ounce). Today, I took 20, 1mg's(at once) I know that if you take xanax 2 days in a row, u need to really up the dosage the 2nd day, hence why I took 10mg's today (20, 1mg's xanax)

Since u got some backgound and clairfication, could u help swim out in the first post questions?

Thanks in advance everybody, (you too Spare Chaynge)

4. csharpprogrammer

csharpprogrammer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

You is going to be tired as shit... Might SWIM add, that is a HUGE dosage, even for SWIM who is very xanax tolerant.

5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Alprazolam isn't really something I know alot about using, but I would suggest abstaining from taking further Xanax until you have a better understanding of the risks involved. Its dangerous to play around with things you don't know much about.

6. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Ummmm, I was on xanax for about 3 moths at .5mg's 3 x's a day, worked a lil, then didn't..then switched me to kolonopin

7. Spare Chaynge

Spare Chaynge Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

oh ok it took some time to get through the benzo talk. god swim misses his script. but yah dude watch out for the the lowerd amount of benzos in your system. I had seizure once when he ran out of ativan. but I noticed that he didnt have seizures with even the smallest amount of benzos such as 1mg of klonipin or .25mg of alprazolam. but swim allways liked having a steady 6 mg to get through the day other wise it was horrible and swim searched madly for more.

8. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Ah ok, you should have mentioned that then. Its hard to give advice without background information.

9. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

lol, so wats your advice?

Well anyways, the day after, I am sitting at his college library w/ a laptop listening to VH1 top 20. I feel tired, relaxed, over all, chilled out. I took 2mg's of Klonopin this morning after My bowl of Wheaties. Do you think If I took no more benzo's today, then resume swims 3, 1mg a day from yhe docs ordors, would I feel alright today and the fllowing days?

Swim appreciates and doesn't think swim'll be dooing 30 mg's of xanax in 2 days:eek:

10. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

regarding my last post... do u guys think I will be alright as long as I go back to his prescribed dose of 1mg, 3x's aday klonopin....

11. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:

you gotta have a huge tolerance to benzos to even think about taking that much xanax, You is luck he didn't get a free trip to detox. I would abstain from xanax for a couple days and then START WITH A SMALLER DOSE!!!

12. angeliclight

angeliclight Newbie

Reputation Points:

I began taking 2mgs of xanx in order for my bipolar brain to fall asleep. I was taking lithium at the time as well. I became dependant on xanx and my body began to need more and more to sleep. Eventually I was taking six to eight mgs. a night. Suddenly, everything became confusing. Days began to run together, and because I'm such a good little BP patient I took my lithium every time I thought it was a new day. These new days occurred every few hours. I was found in the early morning passed out with no idea who I was or what I was saying. This had actually begun four days prior, my friends were trying to convince my family that I needed to go to the hospital but they were blaming everything on my pain meds. I was taken to the ER and admitted following lab results stating that I was suffering from seveare lithium toxicity. Had it been much higher I would have fallen into a coma.

The reason for this story? XANX is great in the beginning but can cause you to become extremely disoriented and lose track of time and what you are supposed to be taking care of on a daily basis.

Please don't play with Xanx. I fear for people who play with psychological medications. They are truly dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  13. arman

arman Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany

There is cross tolerance between benzos, and according to wikipedia the approximate equivalent dose of 1mg Xanax for Klonopin is 0.5mg, so 20mg xanax translates into 10mg klonopin. But You prescribed only 3mg klonopin in 3 devided doses. It means that 20mg Xanax (at ounce?!) can be really dangerous for you.

I recommend visiting your doctor.

14. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic

Lucky for you, Alprazolam has a very high LD50 but can get out of control when combined with Opiates or Alcohol.

SWIM suggests not taking Alprazolam or any benzo's unless you're prescribed them. There is nothing scarier than the hallucinations and thoughts You has when detoxing from benzo's.

Have a nice day!

15. riotpack

riotpack Newbie

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from Australia

That is a very high amount to take and I cannot recommend it, The most I have had is 3mg and that just made me feel warm and euphoric, finally sending me to sleep, and the next day I still felt it, even though I didn't think the half-life was very long.
    Be careful man

16. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.

Thankyou riotpack and all others who have pointed out that 20mg Alprazolam is an enormous and dangerous dose.

A visit to you's doctor is in order Wyborowa

This is going nowhere. So closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.