Opinions - Swim's 2 month old Benzodiazepine script

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by Wyborowa, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So I got a 50% dose increase of his klonopin to 1mg 3x's a day.

Swim used to get a script for .5mg 3x's a day, and swim saved it.

When I went to get his new script (1mg), it was too early for insurance to cover it, but it went through I am guessing because it's a different pill, not a .5mg but a 1mg. So if I went to a new pharmacy with this old klonopin script from september, would it go through without a hitch? My insurance pays for scripts 5 days before they runout, and the .5mg's would be covered. But will it get filled?

2. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Re: Swim's 2 month old Benzo script

If it's generic it'll be dirt cheap even without insurance, I think it'll fill, his insurance pretty much fills everything if it's on time.

3. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Yes, but can the pharmacy legally let swim buy them without the insurance coverage? swim knows know it'll be covered, and they'll see that the same doc just gave swim a script for 1mg's 3x's a day, so they'll think why swim needs .5mg 3's a day from a script from september?

remember people, its a controlled substance!

4. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

no one else got anything on this thang?

5. Subuser

Subuser Silver Member

Reputation Points:

If You tries to get insurance to pay for it, it may not be wise.
    If You takes it to a different pharmacy, like Wal-mart, the script may cost $20.

6. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Why wouldn't be smart to go through swim's insurance?

7. Subuser

Subuser Silver Member

Reputation Points:

Cashing two scripts from the same doctor for the same drug, regardless of dose, could get You in trouble if they were cashed within a short peroid of time.

8. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.

That's definitely a bad idea... all they have to do is call the doctor. I have found though that most pharmacies don't care a whole lot if a person's paying in cash rather than using insurance, and are less likely to check on anything. Common greed, I guess.

9. Wyborowa

Wyborowa Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Which is why I will most likely fill the script after 5pm when swim's doctors close their doors, so they can't call...

Is there a way to find how much a script would cost without going through insurance, its generic klonopin .5mg #90.

10. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

Generic clonazepam is not very expensive, but the number of pills (almost always what pricing is based on, rather than strength) will jack up the price some. If it were 1mg #45 it would be a lot cheaper, most likely about half.

To get some idea of prices, go to a "legit" online pharmacy & there should be ways to see what costs what.

11. calmascanbe

calmascanbe Newbie

Reputation Points:

I have had the same old script. I took it to another pharmacy that SWIM never used before and it was filled and nothing ever happened. Here in the US I know other My who have done the same thing. SWIM admits it could haunt SWIM in the future , but after 2 years I am not too worried.I would just deny anything if it were ever brought up.The scrpt could be stollen or lost. It's My choice.

12. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:

If it was a valid script (i.e. given to You by his doctor), there's not much to worry about ISHO... unless a person is clearly and obviously hitting up multiple doctors and pharmacies in order to willfully break the law and abuse prescription drugs, the chances it will appear on anyone's radar (and if so, that they will care enough to go after you) are very low. You did not do anything clearly illegal... using the other pharmacy could have been a matter of convenience, and the extra script could easily have been an accident (doctor's fault, really).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  13. calmascanbe

calmascanbe Newbie

Reputation Points:

On the price of generic clonazepam , 1 mg. x 90 is XXX .I had a0.5 x 90 a year ago and it was around XXX

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2006