SWIM's brush with IV Oxycontin

Discussion in 'Oxycodone' started by Beltane, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    I was jonesing for something and, striving for distance from IV coke and IM Ketamine, he reached out for some Oxycontin 80's. He procured 11 of them.

Initially I started out snorting 30-40mg at a time and going through 3 pills the first day. At this time I was almost completely free of opiates save 2 40mg methadone tablets about a week ago. The feeling was one of deep relaxation and opiate-itchiness. The feeling was much less overpowering that I was expecting. At one point he did a bit too much and threw up, and even at that point the buzz seemed more subtle and mellow than overpowering. On TV when a person does opiates, that person seems to nod hard. SWIM's experience was much more mellow.

So SWIM snortred 7 80's over first 2 days. Then SWIM switched to IV after reading instructional posts. Shooting between 40 and 80mg at a time, averaging probably 60mg, I shot the remaining 4 80s on day 3. The feeling was stronger, but still not as intense as I was expecting, especially compared with IV cocaine.

After polishing off 11 OC 80's in 3 days, the last 4 of which went IV, SWIM braced himself for what he feared may be a couple days of low-grade withdrawls. There was much sleeping and a bit of fever/chills, but nothing too bad.

I don't plan to make a habit of this and is not especially interested in doing it again any time soon. Probably safer for SWIM than IV coke, witch which he has a much stronger affinity and potential for abuse.

Overall through IV dilaudid, Ocycontin, methadone and heroin, I have been consistently underwhelmed with the effects. He read in the Heroin User's Manual that the buzz was much more subtle than many people would expect. It's possible that subtlety is not SWIM's long suit.

- Beltane

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Interesting report, I have heard of people slamming OCs but has not read a report before. How long was the duration of action? I have heard that the high itself only lasts around ten minutes. I am guessing that You did not acheive a nod or anything like that...actually for many (including SWIM) pretty much any opiate is subtle in its feeling, I used them a few times before detecting any effect at all, and some people just do not get much out of them.

I would like to warn other readers (since I know that SWIBeltane knows what he is doing with regards to IV technique and his own dosages) that alot of preparatory work is needed to shoot pills, and there doesn't seem to be a completely safe way that I know of to pull it off, so don't just crush and dissolve a pill and expect it to be suitable for IV use. The results would be disasterous. Also, for first-time or entry-level users, 80 mg oxycodone would probably be fatal, so do your homework and dose low.

3. Beltane

Beltane Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from California, U.S.A.
    I took more oxy on average ever 30 - 90 minutes when insufflating, probably usually closer to 30. When slamming he took more like 1 - 3 hours.

He never felt he got a great nod going, and in fact almost wondered why he bothered to keep going. Then when he ran out he wanted more. Not desparately, but if he could have he likely would have gotten more and gotten in trouble. That's why he stays safe specifically by limiting his access to things like oxys.

That said, the effects lasted longer than 10 minutes. The "rush" was shorter than that, but the effects from each administration were hardly gone before he'd do more, simply lessened enough that he was ready to chase whatever feeling was waning.

An interesting experience. And yes, please read whatever You can before preparing any pills, especially one with was like Oxys, before using. SWIM suggests Oxys not be shot at all as the effects he read about from continued use included some kind of "waxifying" of one's lungs, which could probably be avoided through the more extensive forms of preparations, but it's probably fairly bad overall.

- Beltane

4. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    I would back this, especially given that some varieties of generic oxycontin will turn waxy or gel-like upon contact with water, in order to prevent abuse. This in turn makes them more difficult to shoot, and more dangerous since one runs the risk of putting something that's almost solid into their veins.