Opinions - SWIM's chickfriend wants to be a stoner but doesn't want to smoke

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by StigmataLectron, Aug 30, 2006.

1. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    This is really a question of morals and ethics and advice and all that crap.

I have this girlfriend who, at first, wouldn't touch weed, prefering to stick to DXM and alcohol while SWIM searches for stuff they both want to try (but that's a different story altogether). SWIM's SWIGirlfriend recently started smoking with SWIM again, but will only take about five hits before she stops spontaneously. SWIM stops when she does because he hates being more high than everyone else around.

SWIGirlfriend tends to freak out slightly. She tries to drink milk or water because it's supposed to slow the high down, even if she's barely high at all apparantly.

When she's not high, she often mentions that weed is cool and safer than alcohol and votehemp and all that stuff that SWIwe stoners talk about, so I know somehow that she's not just feeling pressured by me to smoke in the first place.

I want to know if she's just not stoner material, or if there's anything he can do to turn her onto the wonderful world of weed (since I am the type of person who hates getting high unless an SO is involved). I want to try Melatonin because he read in another thread that it's a good chill-out neurotransmitter, does anybody else have advice/suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  2. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Experiment with different strains. This could make a big difference. Blueberry is a nice chilled out strain that is quite mellow yet not weak. That would be a good recommendation for her. Also try to stick to Sativas rather than Indicas or hybrids. The highs aren't quite as stoney and intense for the most part.

Changing method of ingestion may help as well. Maybe she should try cannabis brownies or a cannamilkshake. The act of smoking may be an irritant in itself, and the intense longer high from eating may help her learn to feel more comfortable with being high. A plus is she can get high and doesn't have to think about smoking more.

If she smokes enough to build a bit of a tolerance it should help as well. That way the high wont feel so overpowering and You won't feel compelled to stop earlier than he would like. You can counter this with less smoking himself so he can get a tolerance closer to his gf's perhaps.

Other substances could indeed help. Diazepam or other benzodiazepines may help relieve the anxiety swiy's gf feels after getting high. Meltatonin could also be good, though as well benzos it could make her sleepy when combined with the cannabis which wouldn't be good either.

My advice is to experiment with different options - including the ones listed above - and see what works for her. If she wishes to continue smoking and isn't being pressured into it then a solution should be reached at some point. Sticking with it is generally the difficult part.

3. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Mucho gracias for your reply. I'll definitely give the eating thing a try - I've got the perfect idea for cannabis milk or butter on toast, maybe she'll be willing to give it a try next time I have any.

4. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I used to be less enlightened than he currently fancies himself, and used to pressure his wife into trying marijuana enough times "to appreciate it". More than a decade later, she's not entirely sold. She uses it on occasion at light doses to enjoy certain effects such as headache or nausea relief, or acute giggle-itis, but she only likes the high at its lowest levels (or with other drugs which render its effects less menacing to her - she can put down a gram or more while on MDMA!). Marijuana is both a mild drug and a strong one at the same time depending on the person and occasion, and it just doesn't agree with everybody, is what I have learned.

The problem with oral dosing (since she doesn't want to smoke) is that the experience, while taking longer to come on, is quite often more intense than from smoking. If she really wants to use marijuana, but is somewhat intimidated by the effects, and doesn't want to smoke, I'd say her only choices are to try using a vaporizer with tiny hits (my wife's preference) or eating very small amounts and being very patient waiting for the effects.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2006
  5. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    swia agrees with radiometer a vaporizer is the way to go people for people who dont smoke. eating has risks as already mentioned. different strains do different effects and everyone is different once again thou sometimes if the mood is right doing weed can really make everything even more so enjoyable. Set and setting rule too..