SWIM's DMT Photos

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by bearded, Aug 23, 2006.

1. bearded

bearded Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM sent 'em, so I figured maybe someone would enjoy some eye candy.

For extraction from MHRB, SWIM always follows the marsofold tek. It doesn't get any better than that. SWIM never does ammonia washes though, just recrystallization. His exact clean-up procedure will be listed in the next post.

https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1083&stc=1&d=1156321708
    Rhomboid-like crystalline structure

https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1084&stc=1&d=1156321708

Needle-like crystalline structure

How does SWIM do it? He follows the marsofold tek down until he gets his 10% of the total solvent evaporated, than allows for a freeze precipitation, sometimes as long as a week in the freezer undisturbed.

The crystals are filtered out and dried. All dry crystals are placed into a test tube, and fresh warm naptha is added dropwise until all the crystals dissolve.

Usually at this point SWIM notices some sort of yellowish goo at the bottom of the test tube that is not able to dissolve. This is seperated from the naptha, and the naptha is allowed to freezer precipitate for another week.

That's how I was able to produce clean, rhomboid structured crystals.

The glass shard type...were allowed to precipitate out in a dresser drawer, undisturbed, at room temperature. SWIM put a small amount of naptha in a centrifuge tube, and placed it in a drawer, and forgot about it.

A week later it was checked, and crystals had formed the length of the tube.

And that's that. Hope all is enjoyed, and that someone can benefit from SWIM's experiences.

Attached Files:

2. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Beautiful crystals. Thanks for sharing!

3. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Stunning crystals you got there..

4. bearded

bearded Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks a lot! The second picture is pretty dirty, I couldn't find something to put the crystals on, so used the bottom of a CD...big mistake!

5. triptonaut

triptonaut Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Goddamn, I can almost not believe that these crystals will have a plastic-tase when smoked. But probably they will anyway :D. Damn nice crystals, you should be proud of yourself :).

6. Operacya_Y

Operacya_Y Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Nice and good quality photos and DMT, I think :D.Really nice job bearded.Congratulations

7. bearded

bearded Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    tripto - I find that all DMT is unpleasent to smoke

Everyone else, thanks for the compliments, once again. I'll pass them along.

8. Djvr16

Djvr16 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Great pictures! I would love to have some more DMT. It's beautiful! Was that swims whole yield? How much bark did he use?

9. bearded

bearded Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I used a pound of rootbark, yield was around 2.5grams.

10. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Good job with you's DMT. The pictures are great

11. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

12. London_Bloke

London_Bloke Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Because sometimes there is beauty in what is obviously a job well done. I do not smoke, yet if she were to lay her eyes on what was obviously a full, bushy plant heavy with buds, she would still appreciate the fact that it was a labor of love and praise accordingly.

13. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    *DROOL* Very beautiful.

14. dr.red.evil

dr.red.evil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Thats so beautiful.Keep it up.Good to see nice clear crystals, instead of the amber or yellow crystals.

15. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    wow. happy trails to you I. Have a great time with that......Peace, love, DMT

16. hotaru

hotaru Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Beard, those are some badass crystals, my friend. Does SWIM notice any difference in the smoking experience of large crystals vs. the more powdery stuff that comes out of the initial freeze precip?

I'm surprised that the room-temp precipitation worked so well. About how big were those shards? Would this not leave a small amount of alkaloid in the naptha if you didn't freeze it out? (Could be recycled, of course)

Well, both procedures were obviously successful. Does SWIM have any preference between the two, either in terms of process or consumability of the product?

aminorex: As Badness already mentioned, crystals like this are a sign of workmanship, which is admirable in any pursuit. Beyond this, large crystals are an indicator of purity. As the week goes by the crystal lattice regenerates many time, becoming larger and forcing out impurities in the process. A gram of material in a single crystal has a more homogeneous internal structure and less surface area than a gram of powder.

Nice paper, btw, I didn't have that one. I learned that DMT forms hexagonal crystals :smoking:

17. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Nice. Reminds me of menthol crystals.

18. Jonah

Jonah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'm kind of wondering if there shouldnt be some main dmt-crystal-dick-sizing-contest thread or something. Hmmm.

19. fromthestars

fromthestars Newbie

Reputation Points:
    49 y/o from The Netherlands
    thats a great idea jonah.lol whos gonna start it

20. jimmah

jimmah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Very very nice work. It is truly amazing that we (humans) can separate one thing from another like these crystals from a plant. I suppose it was meant to be this way or else we could never have accomplished it. So, when the entities welcome you it truly is a welcome to you as a wise entity yourself as to having found the key to their world is not a simple thing.

Congratulations again on some pretty crystals, now crush them and smoke on! :D

Jimmah!

Tags: