1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Dose - Swim's first Kratom, will she even get an effect?

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Cherie, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Cherie

Cherie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    I got 4 gr 15;1 and 4 g gr 20;1 in the snailmail today. She has never tried kratom. But she newer gets anything from codein or tramadol. When she takes oxycontin she needs 20 mgs to get hig, 10 mgs oxynorm etc.

Do you think she would feel anything on kratom at all when she needs such high doses of other similar things.

And how much should she take the first time when she alredy has an tolerance?

How is the best and most effective way to take it? Capsoul, tea, just in cold water. Can you snort it? :p

And what does 15;1 means? That the 1 gram of the real kratom should be 15 grams if it's pure?

2. vocko123

vocko123 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from Czech Republic
    I guess it's 15x extract and 20x extract if it's powder, it can be smoked or you can make a tea, just don't put it into boiling water, you can find many ways to make a tea on this forum...And if it's 15x extract i guess you could get some effects from 1-2 grams.

3. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Its most likely a 15X and 20X, meaning that 15 grams of kratom is used to make 1 gram of extract. It does not mean it is 15 times as strong as 1 gram of leaf material.

These extracts are usually pretty useless, i would suggest taking either all 4 grams of the 15 or the 20X.

It can not be smoked, to do so is a waste. There are a couple of reports of people getting effects from smoking Kratom but the vast majority of people who do so report it to be ineffective, making it more than likely a placebo effect is responsible.

Mix it into a small amount of hot water or simply swallow it with some liquid.
    No, you can not snort it.

Don't expect much, especially from these extracts. Plain leaf/powder is the best way to go. If you already have an opiate tolerance don't expect much.

There is tons of info in these forums, please read them and use the search engine.

Of course you can put it in boiling water.

4. Cherie

Cherie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    The "4 grams" was actually 5,5 gr on swim's scale :p she took 0,5 grams of the 15;1 powder from [source discussion is against the rules] :p She feels high alredy, going to sleep soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011
  5. vocko123

vocko123 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    doesn't it burn the alkaloids?

6. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    How do you think Kratom tea is made?
    How do you think kratom resin is made?

The leaf/powder is boiled in water.

7. vocko123

vocko123 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    I thought the water temperature mustn't be over 80°C to not burn the stuff in them leaves ;)

vocko123 added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Yea but, i've only ever smoked kratom, never made a tea.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  8. Cherie

Cherie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from norway
    Swim just added it to normal spring water and drank it. It seems to wear off alredy she says. 1,5 hours after the peak time. Is that normal?

Now she only feel the itching, but faaar less than the oxy itching. It isn't gone yet, but it seems to fade. That made kratom better, less itching and it seemed more natural.

What's the halflife actually? :p Maybe she should take some more.

9. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland

Why would you think that heat from a flame would not destroy kratoms alkaloids yet you think heat from water (which is not as hot) would? That does not make sense.
    Im very suprised you found Kratom gave any effects when smoked, it is very rare to hear a report about it being active this way.
    Many people smoke it as part of a smoking blend but in 6 years of reading reports i think you might be the third person ive seen who claims it can give good effects.

Have you ever eaten kratom or injested it any other way, if not then without having felt the effects from Kratom when taken as its supposed to be, maybe what you are feeling is something else, placebo?

Good kratom will last between 3 and 6 hours, it should be felt within 30 minutes and for best effect it should be consumed on an empty stomach.
    Im very suprised you had such good effects on such a small amount. Ive tried the same extracts and found them to be very weak. Kratom leaf is a far better option in my opinion.

It is possible to redose with kratom, personally i find the initial dose to be the best.
    Be careful with kratom extracts, they raise a persons tollerence pretty fast and it is addictive if used daily.

10. vocko123

vocko123 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Well, i even got slight visuals from the kratom...So i don't see why it shouldn't be smoked.

vocko123 added 2 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

But i'd rather just smoke weed than kratom, atleast i don't have to smoke that much and the effects are much better.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  11. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    But Kratom does not give Visuals?
    I think you must be smoking something that was either mislabled as kratom or contains something else.

12. vocko123

vocko123 Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    It was almost like weed, just much weaker, good sativa weed takes me into some kind of dream where i can see things i like or i would want to have...And the kratom took me into such dream, but it only lasted for few seconds, on weed it lasts much longer and it's moore intense.

13. ianzombie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    It would be good if you would write an experience report on smoking kratom, it would be a good addition to the forum to have a new thread for people who smoke kratom to post experiences, or post it in one of the kratom experience threads.

Detail the type of kratom used, how it was smoked, the effects you got including how long it took to take effect and how long it lasted.
    Add as much information and details as possible.

@ Cherie, an experience report would also be a welcome addition from you.