SWIM's first opium harvest from poppies

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by D.U.M.B, Jul 26, 2006.

1. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I was part of nice OPM harvest this weekend. It wasn't nothing major just enough plants for a few people. Still I had so much fun and it was enjoyable watching the substance come to life in front of my eyes (over the course of a few hours of course). Slicing and juicing the pods was akward at first but then I found it was second nature after a while

SWIM made some tea from the leftovers etc. which was a nice easy stoned. I will be trying the OPM for the first time hopefully over the weekend. SWIM can't wait.

2. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    SWIM congratulates You on their harvest.
    What variety of P. Somniferum are they? How many were there and what kind of yield of raw opium did You get?

3. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    White Coloured ones.
    A few hundred but they had been planted way too close together if you ask me. I didn't plant them, seriously I mean someone who isn't me.
    Not to sure of the yield. It wasn't a great lot but I am sure more will come as time goes on. There's enough for three to four people to smoke a few times which is enough

4. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes the buzz from the tea was very nice indeed. I have yet to smoke any opium and he will be harvesting some for himself next year. I have been reading up on growing etc.

The tea is something I could do once a month or so for a real nice relaxing night watching crap TV. I would say weekly but the chances of addiction would run higher if it became a weekly thing

5. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    I have had the tea about 5 times now. every time he gets very sick to his stomach. swim crushes the pods in a coffee grinder and puts all the material into limenaid. SICK yes he knows. but works, and no material is lost. anyways, dose anyone recomend against that for some reason? What can help aginst the sick feeling? I am tired of having to lay down right when he's just starting to feel good.

6. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    To ease the sickness maybe it's possible to try a motion sickness pill or something. I have never had to but maybe someone else can clarify this

7. Hlucn8

Hlucn8 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Anti-emetics can be helpful, as well as potentiating; however, I find that it adulterates the high. He is a bit of a purist when it comes to O'.
    Try a different route of, umm... administration, (i.e.rectal). Do so on an empty stomach. Anything you drink should be luke-warm and sipped, not guzzled.

8. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Also don't forget that most medicines against nausea are anti-histamines, which depress the central nervous system.
    Opiates depress the central nervous system as well, and in high doses combined with antihistamines this can be very dangerous or even fatal.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006