Experiences - SWIM's long after effect of DOI

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by Salocin, May 8, 2007.

1. Salocin

Salocin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    About a year ago SWIM and his buddy were highly interested in the searching of ones minds. They often took LSD together and became rather experienced hallucinogenic users. I was all about research and investigated extentisively on any drug before his usage.

After a year of LSD usage I had DOI blotter tabs going around his town, and tried one tab, then a few weeks later tried two, then three, and in on April 5th, 2006 SWIM and his friend each took 4 tabs of DOI in hopes of getting a +4 experience (thought of corrolation with number of tabs and desired effects does not exist). When SWIM and his friend did this they were thrown into an experience of +3 with long and very strong waves of +4. After SWIM came back from his +4 waves and was at a +3 again for a *very* short ammount of time he found himself unable to say anything other than "I don't get it" which was repeated about once every hour, sometimes followed by "Why can't I talk?".

I remember a feeling of being lost within oneself, going into the bathroom and seeing a clock that would say 2:30 am, then walk in hours later and the same clock would say 12:00 am, then 3:00 am, then when he was going to venture home he saw that it was 5:30 am. When he tried to walk to the front door and experienced himself being a llama walking across a hill above a beautiful valley, then he turned around and went back to the room only to see that the clock said 4:30 am. (I do not remember exact time's but this is basically what happened) SWIM then tried so hard to try and get a grip that he felt everyone he had ever met was in the pitch black of the house, sitting or standing in different places and laughing at SWIM.

SWIM finally ran out of the house and to his own (about a mile away) whilest constantly hearing the taunting giggles echoeing from every shadow he passed in the moonlight. SWIM then tried to have a conversation with his parents and felt as if they knew of his extensive research on psychoactives and felt so dissapointed about him that he was filled with a supreme sense of shame. SWIM then tried to go to sleep and laid down on his bed only to get lost in a +4 that he believed was him dreaming (although he has no reccollection of any thought or event that went on in this time period) until 9 am, at which time he noticed his eyes were still open and he had been staring directly into the ceiling light of his room for the past 4 hours. I tried to call someone to drive him to school, but when he called it said the number never existed, and he again heard the giggles of taunt.

This day he watched the movie Narnia, and found himself highly emotional to simple things as when the fare played the song on his flute and the fire began dancing. I would start crying when he heard some songs on the radio this same day that he believed were written JUST for him, and were secretly played to send a message to him and him alone at that exact moment. The trip gradually reduced itself back to sobriety after 3 days, which made SWIM think he would never come back. I have tried smoking marijuana (which he has done for over 7 years) among other drugs (excluding hallucinogens and alcohol [BTW, he knows marijuana is classified as a hallucinogen]) and has been brought back to this extensive feeling of paranoia that everyone is talking about him when speaking of anything and thinks while intoxicated(minus exclusions) that songs that people play while he is intoxicated are hidden messages that they are trying to say about him. This brings him into a deep feeling of paranoia and depression which has turned SWIM, who used to be a social butterfly, into a hermit. SWIM sometimes even gets these feelings/thoughts while sober (anytime he is in a new place or around new people, sometimes even people he has known his whole life).

But the reason I posted this is because SWIM wanted an opinion on if he should take LSD to try and go back in time and space to re-find himself and search for the answers he has been looking for, or try and get some of the hair of the dog that bit him? Please remember that I am an experienced hallucinogen user, and can handle salvia but has been unable to (in the short length of the trip) find the answers he is searching for.

I would also like to make a note that anyone who is experimenting with psychoactives should not be afraid by this post. The trip that you have all depends on the state of mind you are in, hence PSYCHOactive. Go in with a good mood, happy thoughts, positive and optimistic outlook, a reason to take this trip/objective of your experience, and you will be perfectly fine.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2007
  2. C-rok

C-rok Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Looks like You need to give your mind a tune-up. An experience of that intensity and duration will deplete ones mind of serotonin and dopamine among other neurotransmitters. I'm no doctor but start with replenishing your brain with daily vitamins. 5-htp, B6, C, Magnesium, and Niacin work well for me. Absorb the advice from others here as well.

3. Salocin

Salocin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    I was led to believe that using B6 will make it useless to use 5HTP because B6 cancells 5HTP out, but yes he does take his vitamins and drink EmergenC(more than enough of whatever you need) packets. And as I said I have given himself over a year to recooperate from this interesting yet odd experience. Since I was a heavy user, going into psychedelic land 2 times a week for 6 months and still getting the same or close to the same experience (strength wise) every time, he figured that after a year he would be able to go back and overcome the odd obstacle he came to in his last visit to psychedelia. It was mostly mindset that I was trying to get back into.. I didn't feel that he was mentally ready until now.

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  4. vcdman

vcdman Newbie

Reputation Points:
    a bit of abstinence would probably be good, as well as some healthy food,walks in nature, meditation... what ever works for You (if there isnt something to bring You to THEIR own peace maybe this was some help in realizing the importance of such) , but beforE You happily delve into intense tripping to resolve a previous trip, perhaps a good friend and 120-150 mg of mdma, and some good D and M ing(is this a common phrase worldwide or just in AUST??) might get to the bottom of You paranoia..
    remember You is the same person before this experience as after.. respect that .. good luck

5. nanobrain

nanobrain Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    a traumatic experience of this nature can hypersensitise the CNS and lower or disinhibit the adrenergic fight or flight threshold.

due to the fact that the trip was never properly integrated, residual symptomatics remain strong - apparently over a year post experience. this indicates that much shadow material remains to be worked through, said could surface unexpectedly during a psychedelic session.

should you choose the psychedelic treatment, i would highly suggest having this under the guidance of a very experienced counselor, in a thoroughly safe environment, with enough time set aside to properly integrate the experience.

you are correct on the B6 and 5HTP, they should not be used together. and LSD would not be my first choice to administer in attempting closure here, pure MDMA at 2mg/kg springs to mind. again, with a trained, qualified and experienced guide.

mind you, pharmacological approach may not be the optimal path and alternatives shoulod be considered, as indicated by other posters. in any case, it is important to rebuild and strengthen the body, physical exercise should be close to the top of the list.

and here's a handy hint about paranoia - most people are so busy going around thinking about their own host of problems, issues, insecurities and desires that pretty much the last thing they care about is thinking about you and your state of mind. rest easy.

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    What he ^^^ said.

One of my favorites is people who are paranoid of being paranoid. Do relax. And do not be afraid to look inside.

7. Salocin

Salocin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    SWIM meditates every night before bed as a recap of the day, excersises and stays physically active, takes his vitamins (as said before) and eats healthy, aswell as clears his mind by riding his motorcycle through the country side and enjoying the nature and all that is around him.

Swim thought about MDMA, but for lack of good quality MDMA in his area and lack of knowledge in chemestry has decided that this method will be of no prevail.

I have been able to notice that his paranoia is all in his head more so lately (past month or so) and has been able to control and blow it off. He realizes that this paranoia is from the lack of being able to relax as Nagognog has said, and also realizes that alot of it is from rehabilitation. (I was one of those people who didn't bite the bullet, and went to rehab to have charges dropped... Killed SWIM's pride in giving the government another statistic on why drugs should be illegal - especially since drugs had nothing what-so-ever to do with his charge other than him failing a drug test)

In rehabilitation it was pounded into SWIM's brain that he was a terrible person for thinking his thoughts, for doing what he does, for being interested in the things that he enjoys. Anyone familiar with the 12 steps knows exactly what brainwashing I am speaking of. I left out the part that I was taken to rehab two days after he took the DOI, and was still in a state of... surealness.

It's not so much that I believe LSD or DOI or any other hallucinogen will answer the questions I have for himself. He believes that he needs something to help him open his mind to a level of consciousness where he may communicate with all parts of his brain, scan freely, and search for answers to oneself as to whom he really is and what his beliefs are. A sort of, De-programming.

All thoughts, views, oppinions, or any input on this is greatly appreciated and SWIM appreciates all that has been said thusfar, you guys have helped him overview everything from a different perspective and really think about what he is doing, why and how he is doing it, and what possible outcomes his actions may or maynot conclude to.

8. RunRedFox

RunRedFox Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If I am looking to do some deep introspection it is advisable to make an honest list of all of your fears and insecuritys, and hopes and dreams. When we take an honest look at ourselves we can often dissolve shame and see the tainted logic of our feelings. If one was to make such a list it would help to divulge this list to someone else or to review this list while tripping on something insightful. In my experience tryptamines are far more introspective and phenethylamines focus more on your enviroment. although I think MDMA therapy would be a great way to relate any repressed thoughts or feelings, I think mushrooms(or any other tryptamine) would work out more internal conflicts and provide more direct answers.