SWIM's stomach doesn't absorb his drugs after a certain time

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by csharpprogrammer, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  2. No

22 vote(s)
    88.0%
  1. csharpprogrammer

csharpprogrammer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I have posted a similiar post before, but has never got the answer he was looking for.

When SWIM injests his substances of choice too late at night, he finds it provides little to no effect on him. He can take 100 mg diazepam at 12 midnight, and have NO effect! Does any other You experience this? If so could someone please explain why this happens, and if it is just SWIM, is there something wrong with his digestive system?

2. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swim's never had this problem. drugs tend to come on alot slower if he's eaten recently before taking it. but the time of day doesn't matter. that sounds very odd indeed.

3. Kakkoii

Kakkoii Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    107 y/o
    Here's a tip I picked up a while back.

Take a few TUMS before you take you're pills. They help you're stomach absorb drugs better.

4. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    though there having no effect from 100mg of diazapam is unexplainable (though swim knows better than to question others experiences) but what might explain it could be a full vs empty stomach, late at night such as following a big meal like dinner could explain a diminished effect.

5. jcdjinn

jcdjinn Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM usually only takes drugs orally on an empty stomache because that greatly affects the onset speed. But anything snorted, smoked, etc. can be taken on either a full or empty stomache with no noticable difference. But the time of day doesn't effect him, except maybe being tired at the end of the day.

6. LVX

LVX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've noticed this a couple times, but it's generally when I'm exhausted and about to pass out anyway.

Anywho:

You definitely should try tums &/or crushing them and mixing them w/ juice, water, whatever might also assist absorption.

LVX

7. t00cr4zy

t00cr4zy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Chewing them, or crushing them and mixing with a drink definately helps. But the MOST important thing is how much food is in your stomach.

8. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Metabolism and the circadian rhythm are related in various ways, though this relationship is still little understood. Perhaps it could play a larger role in some people, such as if due to a defect of some kind they interact in ways they shouldn't. Then again, I don't know much about this so someone would have to look into it more.

Specific circumstances and environmental factors could also play a role, such as the amount of food in the stomach as t00cr4zy said, though if that isn't the case you may have to look closer at swiy's bedtime habits and search for clues at to why this is the case.

9. tranquillike

tranquillike Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have definitely noticed that benzos will have greatly reduced effect late at night. He definitely feels them more during the day. I have been having issues with 2 xanax bars (alprazolam 2mg) having no effect... very little at best. Opiates definitely work best for SWIM in the morning, as it seems even a tiny dose when he wakes up will have a surprisingly powerful effect. When that same dose taken in the evening after I have worked a full shift would do nothing.

10. Hyphy

Hyphy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    Is You asian by any chance? Asians have been known to not process alcohol well, and this might apply to the drugs You is taking as well. Just a thought.

11. wendel

wendel Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have this problem sometimes. More often I have the problem where drugs won't work if i have an empty stomach. Like Alcohol or Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds refuse to digest unless I eat a good amount of food.