1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Answered - Synthetic urine and a positive UA! WTF?

Discussion in 'Drug testing Questions' started by Elemental18, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Elemental18

Elemental18 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    For my fed probation ua I used synthetic urine, as I have for the past 2 years. Came up positive??? How? I can't understand this. Anyone else had the same experience?

2. demon6552

demon6552 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    Fuck thats bad. I used real urine and im scared i'll fail just for rehab and have to do county for a few years. I have a good chance of passing though...

Im really sorry for you, this shits totally unfair, especially fed. probation...

I dont know how it would have happened... its possible they chose to send it to a lab this time, which would detect the fake urine (why I dont use the stuff... and they watch sometimes...) or maybe it was a bad batch? or it started being detected with a new test?

do you know if they send it to the lab, if the test changed, or if there was a possible contamination... or well... any of the details?

3. mer kaba

mer kaba Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from California, U.S.A.
    As I understand it, if they determine at all that you've messed around/altered your urine, it's an instant positive/fail. Being that you used fake piss, my guess would be that they caught on.

( I heard a doctor explain this years ago)

Here's a little something I found that seems to back up what I've been saying. You mentioned 'fed' as in federal testing right?

Warning Regarding Urine Tests and Masking Agents!!

People interested in passing a drug test should know that new government drug testing guidelines now include that all laboratories perform a specimen integrity check before testing for drugs. What this means is that they are no longer only looking for marijuana and other illicit drugs but also for additives, dilution, and most of the available adulterants/masking products, i.e. Mary Jane Super Clean 13 (liquid soap), Urinaid (glutaraldehyde), THC Free (acid), Klear (nitrite), Urine Luck (pyridinium chlorochromate), TestKlear, Golden Seal, Terminator Gold, Stealth, Clean-X, and Instant Clean. These products are all detectable, and will result in a failed drug screen. They will also be reported as a failure! The point is clear. Don't be fooled by the plethora of ineffective detox adulterants, masking chemicals and flushes. These products simply hoax you out of your money and do not produce the results to which they lay claim. As for their fancy guarantees? Well, to receive your money back you must submit your test results. These results in most cases are not yours nor will you ever see them, meaning no refund will be awarded to you!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  4. Elemental18

Elemental18 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The way feds do it is like this.... They use a dipstick test first. If it passes you are good to go. The only reason they send it off is if something shows positive or if it doesn't register at all. The urine use is lab grade. The same stuff they use in labs as a baseline for urine. It will pass testing because all the elements tested for are present. As of now I only have a presumptive positive for amphetamines. I passed the test just the day before. I have 2 randoms a month and last month they got me 2 days in a row. I passed the first and failed the second. The tests are Always observed. However for both of those tests there wasn't a female available so I was not observed. The initial results are not showing altered or inconclusive but positive for amphetamines. I still can't figure it out. If it comes back positive for just amphetamines no worries cause I have a scrip for Adderall. If it comes back as meth that will suck. Suck to the tune of 90 days in rehab. But oh well I'll deal.
    Mainly I was just wondering if anyone else has ever had the same thing happen. One other time the initial test came up positive for cannibinoids. It went to the lab and came back clean. That's why I know absolutely that the synthetic urine will pass. Like I said I have been using g it for 2 years and never had a problem.

Elemental18 added 13 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

The feds are required to show you your results and have you sign the paperwork. The initial test is also one while the donor watches. By the way those guidelines are not new. Obviously detox and masking agents are completely unreliable but since my sample was tested with only dipstick test it's impossible that they concluded my sample was altered. Where I do my ua's they don't even check the temp. The product I use can be tested for specific gravity, creatinine levels and uric acid and it is all there. Without a prohibitively expensive test the synthetic I use is not detectable with the GC/MS.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  5. halfpt21

halfpt21 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hi....I was just wondering what ended up being the outcome for you? I just took a UA for my Federal probation, using the synthetic urine (which I have used while on Pre-Trial with no issues...but for some reason this time it came up positive for meth. I just don't get it. At first the test was showing positive for almost everything but finally the other lines came in. They of course are sending it off to the lab. I'm just scared to death....I signed the waiver denying any drug use. I just don't know what to expect. Thanks on advance....