1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - Syrian rue to potentiate psilocybin

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms (Psilocybe & Amanita)' started by Mongo Straight, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Mongo Straight

Mongo Straight Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Pennsylvania, United States
    I wonder if anyone could help with any recommendations for using Syrian rue to potentiate the effects of psilocybin mushrooms. Specifically what I believe to be blue foot psilocybe.

Also if anyone knows of any specific gastrointestinal issues that are known of from this combination?

Lastly...well hopefully not last if this thread incites further questions..but would the monoamine ox inhibitor in the rue cause unforseen issues.....complications?

Thanks

2. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Yeah , trips are shorter about 3 hours maybe 4 and is different in effects. The trip is much more like ayahuasca or dmt, less mindfuck than regular shroom trips but heavier bodyload and you get dragged away if you close your eyes . It also has some things in common like LSA the trip is warmth same you feel with mescaline. Open eye visuals are rarely present however the closed eye visuals are overwhelming in every aspect.

Mushrooms are 3x or 4x stronger when combined with syrian rue, so you have to take 1/4 or 1/3 of the normal amount. Usually i took 3 grams of fresh mushroom for a light trip or 5 grams of fresh mushroom for average, amount of rue taken was often 3 grams but sometimes 5 grams. Syrian rue in amounts higher than 3 or 5 grams can cause nausea. I get a cup of boiling water throw the seeds in for a few minutes to soften them up then proceed to drink the tea and chew the seeds to a paste and swallow.

I tried different dosages from 15 gram fresh to 50 gram fresh combined with 5 gram rue and this fucked me up badly with blackouts , frightning moments and atrocious nausea. At one point i You can easily OD on this combo. I got much more out of trips when i kept the amount of shrooms low and the amount of rue high. The comedown from rue+shrooms can physically be exhausting unlike regular mushroom trips.

Im pretty high right now and now im typing this i recall that trip where i OD on rue with shrooms. Sometimes the waves were so hard i couldn't move my limbs and when the waves of hallucinations reached their peak i forgot to breath occasionally. Rough experience that was, absolute hell tremendous bodyload and nausea..

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  3. Mongo Straight

Reputation Points:
    Wow! I could not imagine those doses! Here I'm feeling girlie man at 1.5 gm dried with no rue.

Your answer is so full of information that I assure you I will follow up on all of it. In fact in the time it took to get a most excellent response i went on another Mecca to find a book I bought years ago titled psilocybin mushrooms of the world....Paul Stamets..well I found it and started reading immediately and lo and behod the topic of Syrian Rue is in the book too but with much less info you gave from experience..again thanx

Now 1 question if I may?......the feeling of being dragged away with eyes closed aint cool in my thinking due to spinning type motion which makes me pretty nauseous normally. Unless you feel the dragging is not a big issue at maybe lower doses. Say if I were to have 3 gms dried blue foot ..would the very novice user get a reasonabe euphoric high if divided by 3 and taken at different times? Or would that in your opinion be wasting 1 maybe 2 good trips...mixed with a determined amount of rue!?

Thanks again
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 25, 2017 ---
    I remembered my other question as well! After searching df I didnt see an answer to my question and wonder I you or someone would know of any known side effect from a mixture of blue foot psilocybin, Syrian Rue, and green vein kratom!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  4. Lodewijkp

Lodewijkp Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    cut the dose down to 0.5 gram of dried when you take it with rue. You need at least 3 grams of rue to get effects , 5 grams is optimal. If you increase rue above 5 grams everything gets very DMT like and you get alot of euphoria which sometimes can be hard to handle ( overwhelming euphoria).

With dragged i meant being dragged to another reality inside your head, another world. I would call it somewhere between the concious and subconcious, you somehow get in a meditative state where time is not real. You may close you eyes for a few seconds and see all kind of things when you open up either an hour may have past or maybe just no time at all. It comes in waves where the psychedelic effects build up you are force to confront different views or dimensions.

Trip with rue is far more powerfull , not only does it make a trip DMT like you also need lower dose of shrooms meaning you can save some shrooms for later.

rue with kratom can give terrible headaches, i wouldn't recommend such thing especially combined with mushrooms.

Do not underestimate the power of rue. The woosh feeling where you feel something is going to happen ( usually the case after ingesting shrooms ) is magnified with rue, for first timers on shrooms + rue i recommend sitting at home and do the proper preparations because most people do not expect such strong onset. The trip is less mindfuck and much warmer ( if you don't do a high dose) but is much more powerfull and visionary.

I done rue with mushrooms easily over one hundred times and it completely changed me as a person, i've started to know things about myself i never knew before. Nowadays i don't use drugs because of medications which cannot be combined with other drugs but i can say to this day rue + shrooms had a prominent role in making me who i am today.

5. Mongo Straight

Reputation Points:
    @Lodewijkp ......I truly appreciate the follow up and your explanations are to the point and seemingly very knowledgeable!

If all goes well I will have more of these blue foots and along with the rue will most definitely use your insight as a springboard to continue on this path of enlightenment and to keep learning from as many sources possible about this awesome subject of potentiating psilocybin mushrooms.

As a note on the kratom I use it daily in the 3 to 5 gm range but did not intend to mix the 3....kratom,shrooms,rue....I wondered because I will now actually plan to stop kratom for a few days before I try rue and shrooms alone! So without doubt that advice will likely be very helpful.

As long as all goes well I will posrt here of the events in the hopes all of your insight and my first time experience can possibly be of help to others...

Again thanks and be well!:)