Combinations - Tactile hallucinations with Caffeine, Tramadol, Metamizolum...

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by Paracelsus, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So this time I wasn't even seeking to get high, but it just happened. If you think it's bullshit it might be, but, I repeat, I'm not sure what triggered this and how it happened. I only know that it happened. So here it is:

I weigh 100kg, caffeine tolerance.

T+0.00: 06.30 in the morning, I got up after a sleep of 5 hours. Took 400mg caffeine orally to get awake and alert. (2 x Vivarin 200mg)

T+0.45: my stomach started to hurt really bad, I am 100% sure that it wasn't the vivarin tablets. Stomach pain was pretty much unexplainable, I had exactly the same pain a couple of days before this.

T+1.00: SWIM treated pain with 120mg Tramadol, orally ingested (slightly over normal/therapeutic dosage).

T+2.00: I went to a friend's house. On the way, the Tramadol came up, stronger than usual. Walking required attention from SWIM. Felt somewhat dizzy.

T+3.00: Dizziness was increasing, I got extremely tired. (Tramadol never made SWIM really tired, and this time he consumed caffeine, too). I was with his friends. When there was nothing to do, like when somebody else took over the conversation, SWIM fell asleep and woke up rapidly, this happened over and over (half-sleeping and staying awake alternated).

T+4.00: I started to get a headache (he currently got a flu), and wanted to take some Ibuprofen, but the friend had nothing at his place. Another friend went to the pharmacy and retured with a package of Algocalmin (500mg Metamizolum = analgesic, antipyretic). I took two of those.

T+4.30: The headache went away, the stomach pain stayed away, but the feeling was far from comfortable. It wasn't unpleasant either, only strange. If required, the mind was still clear, but some friends later told SWIM he was a little more philosophic than usual. Still very tired.

T+5.00: Something strange happened: I was getting tactile hallucinations (tactile=related to the sense of touch). Some examples:
    - SWIM constantly felt as if someone was putting his hand on my forehead (like when you check for fewer).
    - I felt his clothes to be "alive", it was really strange, difficult to describe.
    - SWIM repeatedly felt like someone hits him (not hard) in different areas (head, foot, arm, back), or puts his hand on my shoulder. All the feelings seemed real and SWIM often turned around to see who hit him but there was nobody.
    - My friends and I went to the park, and once when I was sitting on a park bench, he suddenly felt as if he had no shoes, just socks on his feet (in the park :D), looked at his feet, everything was normal.
    - SWIM also noticed an increased sensibility of the skin on his face (light scratching felt stronger, almoust painful)

T+7.00: I went home, effects were getting weaker, but still there. As the effects wore off gradually, SWIM lost his tiredness.

T+9.00: Over. I am fresh again.
    ------------------------
    Might sound like bullshit but it isn't. What could have been responsible for this?
    It can't be considered a "high", but it wasn't normal either.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that all tactile perceptions were somewhat altered while on this combo. It is quite similar with that feeling one gets when he lies on his hand for a while and no more blood circulates. But it did not feel *exactly* like that to SWIM.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Interesting! I was actually wondering if tactile hallucinations were possible, or a common phenomenon at all since he hadn't heard of them.

Many hallucinogens interact with the serotonin neurons in the brain. Tramadol has a weak effect of inhibiting serotonin uptake. This could have potentially led to the tactile hallucinations, perhaps in combination with the other drugs. SWIM usually feels a sort of dissociative effect from tramadol that feels like DXM to him, its like a combination of an opiate and a mild trip. Its conceivable to him that hallucinations could occur on this strange drug.

3. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I personally think that it was the Algocalmin that triggered the hallucinations, because before that, I felt nothing at all, besides very light DXM-like body effects and extreme tiredness.

It is, indeed, strange. I will try to get this combination to work as a decent high with tactile hallucinations. If anyone can provide a list of drugs which increase sensitivity of the skin, it would be great help.

@FTSL: Didn't hear of the possibility of tactile hallucinations but now I definitely know they're possible. But they're certainly not a common thing, otherwise we would have heard about that...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  4. oggy

oggy R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I was having these tactile sensations everyday for months and the only drug he was taking was kratom + lots of coffee. Swim thinks it's more to do with adrenal over stimulation than a seratonin or dopamine high.

I feltvery fatigued so used caffiene for energy and then used lots of kratom for the anxiety, though even when swim stopped taking these 2 drugs the tactile sensations never went and can only put it down to adrenal burn out.

I had the same thing, it was like someone was playing a game with him and would poke swim in the sides, head, throat and nipples! He had the hand resting on the back of his head as if someone/thing was standing over him.

My been taking lots of adaptogens and doing lots of other relaxing things (acupuncture, tai chi) and it's totally gone now as long as he doesn't stress himself too much. He also managed to turn this devilish type energy into something quite nice smoking small amounts of pot.

What's algocalmin?

oggy added 1055 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

Highly doubt a NSAID had anything to do with your tactile experience. 400mgs of caffiene would bring it back to swim for sure when trying to rest. Last time swim tryed one of these super energy pump bodybuilding supplements packed with stims that night he felt pinned down by evil machines that drilled holes in his ass!

You took a very high amount of caffiene and experienced adenal burn out, I'm glad I'm not the only one that can get to experience these sensations.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  5. Larry Caldwell

Larry Caldwell Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM starting taking kratom in january of 2011, while living with his brother, and little nieces. He got onto it to quit drinking after 9 years of drinking (and drugging with mostly DXM and diphenhydramine) himself to death. It worked like a charm. SWIM began having nightmares of his uncle molesting him, and would wake up wanting to commit suicide. SWIM began having tactile flashbacks. These almost always occurred (at first) when he would first crawl under the covers, and still be fully conscious but a little sleepy. For almost a year these were the sensation of hands touching his back. SWIM began to wonder if his brother's house was haunted. SWIM continued using kratom for about 9 months, then kicked it for 3 months. SWIM can't remember if the tactile flashbacks continued during this time or not, but vaguely remembers them still coming occasionally. During this time SWIM acted out on a long time fantasy of letting other men "rape" him. Although I am only attracted to women, this has been a fear/fantasy he struggled with since before puberty. I am told he was molested by an 8 year old girl when he was 4 but doesn't remember. I did a lot of research during this time into the phenomenon of repressed memory for childhood sexual abuse, and has discovered that there's a lot of bad information out there claiming the phenomenon is a myth. SWIM discovered it is actually EXTREMELY common, and there are scientific studies proving partial/total amnesia for sexual abuse with later spontaneous recall in some victims of childhood sexual abuse. I got back onto kratom for the last 6 months, and the tactile hallucinations not only resumed, but progressed from hands touching his back to hands touching his thighs, stomach, sucking his nipples, and the feeling of an invisible penis anally raping him, as well as invisible hands grabbing his crotch. These followed him out of bed, throughout his day. SWIM joined a support group for childhood sexual abuse survivors, and started asking questions. He discovered that from childhood on forward he seemed to fit the profile of a sexual abuse survivor. I have been off kratom for 12 days now, and although the tactile hallucinations have decreased (of course they come when you're sleepy, and kratom withdrawal makes sleep impossible) they are still occurring, in all various parts of his body. He's getting strange mind's eye flashbulb images upon occasion, and what can only be referred to as strong "intuitions" that he was, indeed, sexually abused and even raped as a child. SWIM wonders if he's just chasing his own shadow, and making too much of kratom-induced tactile hallucinations (are they universal with users, though?) or if, indeed, kratom is somehow able to open pandora's box for those with repressed traumatic memories from childhood. SWIM wishes to continue sober for the next year, and see what happens. Having read others' accounts about these kratom-induced tactile hallucinations persisting long after cessation of kratom usage makes him think the latter theory (it opens repressed memories) may be true. Indeed, I have heard of people being given psychiatric medication, which then allowed memories to resurface. Kratom contains not only an opiate-like substance, and a cocaine-like substance, but is also theorized to contain an antidepressant that acts on seratonin pathways. It would certainly explain why SWIM (as a little boy) grew up long before puberty being afraid grown men were sexually attracted to him, and wanted to get him alone. I will keep you posted on his progress.