1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Experiences - Tail End of My 5 Year DXM Career

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Tarkovsky, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Tarkovsky

Tarkovsky Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jun 30, 2005
    I first discovered DXM from Mr. White's excellent FAQ about 8 years ago. My first experience was a box of Robitussin DXM lozenges that must have had so much sugar I got sick to my stomach. After vomiting the sugar up, I experienced the first profound disassociate experience of my brief 27 year shift here on earth. Thinking back I recall the profound awareness of cosmic coincidence, that novel state that I have returned for time and time again. I remember listening to a crowd of people all speak at the same time and understanding the crowd as a singular entity rather than a group of individuals. Also the profound sense of receiving data in frames rather than linear experience... an entire 1 minute encounter is experienced as a unit. As if my conscious grasp of time has expanded from the infinitesimal moment that is ordinary consciousness to a hyperbolic experience containing the past and the future, not just the present.

Since those early days I quickly graduated to pure DXM powder. I have now done DXM more or less weekly for 5 years. Usually in lower doses around 300mg, occasionally as high as 600mg. I am not interested in the higher plateaus and out of body experiences. I mainly used it as a social/recreational agent.

I also have discovered the wonders of combining DXM with tryptamines. LSD, 5meo-DIPT, 4ho-dipt, as well as others have all taken profound dimensions when combined with the old hat. The synergy of DXM and tryptamines has opened many dimensions for deep and thorough exploration. Also I learned that the high body load of higher doses of DXM can be avoided by boosting lower doses with tryptamines. Can it be any coincidence that Olney decided to test the effects of LSD on the lesions he found caused by disassociatives. It seemed to good to be true when I learned the LSD actually blocks Olney's lesions. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

So here I am. I am eager to learn all I can about this secret universe of disassociatives...DXM and others. I only wish I had discovered Ketamine while it was still legal! My advice is to stock up on DXM while it is still legal as the future looks very bleak.

One last note regarding my extensive usage. I feel I have suffered some subtle mental impairment as a result of my continuous DXM use. As to whether this will disappear when my use ceases I tend to think it will. On the other hand I comprehend that nothing is free. There can be no doubt that the heavy lethargy and mental cloudiness that follows a heavy DXM dose is harmful. As to what extent who can to know? Like William White mentions in his excellent FAQ, brain damage has a nasty habit of manifesting itself later in life.

On the other hand however, I have noticed that after 5 years of heavy use, I am the most successful and intellectually developed member of my large group of friends. I own two homes, a profitable business, am a post graduate college student. Where would I be if I had never tried DXM? Only a being who lives in all of these quantum dimensions could possibly say.

2. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Jul 3, 2004
    from U.S.A.
    wow, thank you for sharing. this is the kind of post and involvement that helps make this forum the best. keep it up, and welcome home.
  3. Muirner

Muirner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 19, 2005
    from U.K.
    Very good post i like it [​IMG]. Now i must ask. You say you use pure DXM, do you just do it in a gelcapsul? Or how do you do it. I'm looking for other methods other then drinking Robo Max because as of now i'm mixing with OJ and i dont wanna start linking the two and start to dislike OJ. Any Advice?

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Feb 1, 2005
    If you can get, or extract, the crystalline form, yes a gelatin capsule is the best way. Straight dextromethorphan is a horribly bitter substance - so you don't want to taste it. That explains why it is put into that horrible, sticky syrup. Ingested in a gelatin capsule, it will cause some minor stomach irritation for a few minutes. That will be the extent of your problems with it. Then, perhaps, a bit of sweating as it takes hold.

Lose your car keys and stay put for the day/night.
  5. unico_walker

unico_walker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jan 25, 2005
    I recommend using some PEG(polyethylene glycol) in the capsule as well.

Or a shot or two of vodka taken with the cap to increase absorbtion.
  6. als5555

als5555 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Apr 14, 2005
    good for you man. people like you help give drugs an okay name. you are living proof that drugs can have a positive effect on people, and not just crazy artists. give the higher plateau's a chance some time though. just once to see what you get out of it might be worth it. on 800mg's once i came up with guide lines to live ones life by, and i try to follow a lot ofthem now. some of the guide lines were pretty good. they have actually helped me improve my study, neatness, and social habbits quite a bit. i would post them but there are like 8 pages of them. see what you could get.