1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Culture - Tainted 2C-B-FLY: a fatal trip in San Jose, Cali

Discussion in 'Phenethylamines' started by Love, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Love

Love Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female
    Re: If you have ordered 2C-B-fly from Haupt-RC, then your life may be in danger

I know of someone who ordered 2cb fly. He lives in California. Received it in 2 days!!! I think it might have been ordered from this company, I am not sure.

He took it last weekend with his 18 year-old brother and his girlfriend. He and his brother took approximately 10mg each and the girlfriend took 4mg.

Long story short, he was hospitalized. His girlfriend was hospitalized and did not remember how she got there. His brother died before the paramedics would come in the house.

He found this website and I thought I should post his story.

Love you all!!! Be safe!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
  2. Blue Eyed Darner

Blue Eyed Darner Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Re: If you have ordered 2C-B-fly from Haupt-RC, then your life may be in danger

I can corroborate Love's story and provide some more details. swiwe received half a gram of 2C-B-fly from Haupt-RC saterday morning, using a fairly accurate scale swim carefully weighted out what he thought was a moderate dose of 10mgs for himself, about 9-10 for his brother and five mgs for his girlfriend. About an hour after ingestion swims girl experienced overwhelming effects and intense gastrointestinal disturbances. Soon swims bro followed suit and then swim too was in mild discomfort. At first swims bro stated he just wanted to come down, he was having no fun at all. then he went almost catatonic and stopped responding except to smile and bop his head to the beat of the music. After a few more hours swims bro started to seize and the paramedics were called. Unfortunately the could do nothing and swims brother died right there on the floor. Swim and girl were carted of to the hospital highly restrained where swim had a very intense and dark trip that lasted until sleep sunday night. Sorry if I broke any rules or forum edicate, this is my first post and I am in a highly agitated state right now. I just want the truth to get out

3. Love

Love Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female
    Course of events:
    Ordered on Tuesday September 29th,
    sent on Wednesday September 30th,
    received on Saturday October 3rd, consumed on Saturday October 3rd around 3pm

John was very close to Brian and has been very depressed ever since...until he saw your website.

John had thought that it was all his fault, but he certainly feels less guilty now that he knows it was a bad batch. I trust John, completely. He is extremely intelligent and always does his research.

I knew something was wrong, when I started to feel the intensity. John would have never given me a starting dose that was that strong. I was expecting it to recede but it kept getting more intense and that is when reality went completely away. I was in my room, walking back and fourth from the bed to the bath room. John would check on me, but I could not handle human contact and he said Brian was having a rough time, so I sent him away. Light was way too intense for me and so was closing my eyes.

My cats scared the hell out of me. I just wanted it to be over. I almost asked to be taken to the hospital, but I figured that it was just going to pass, but it didn't. I soon went over the edge and found myself at the point where I was crawling on the floor in every direction, only to find that I was alone in a psychedelic universe. I was the center of this universe and no matter which direction, to whom or what I crawled, I was stuck. This universe was strange. I was the queen; I was everything, but I was not allowed knowledge. The voices of the universe told me that I was the center and i was not allowed to know everything. It seemed to follow a circular pattern.

Eventually, I landed on my back. I had given up. I saw visions of my boyfriend's father standing over me trying to help, but the universe made him disappear, only to be replaced by an EMT injecting me with an IV drip. I felt that the universe was pleased by this and all I could tell it back in repetition was, "Obnoxious," yet, something about it felt good and right, so the words seemed to come out of me seductively.

Next thing I know, I wake up in a hospital. Completely wired up to health monitoring machines and a catheter. I was still having some visuals, but very minor. I could tell they had given me some sort of sedative because I felt a foggy. I kept falling asleep and waking up. In one of my waking moments, a nurse had told me that John was being difficult, but she did not mention Brian. Then I over heard the nurses and a police officer talking. It was about three people. One of them had died. I was hoping it was not about me, John, and Brian. It was only hours later that I found out that they were.

John and I were discharged from the hospital Sunday around 11am. We went home and the house felt too cold for me. We have this courtyard thing near the front door, so all afternoon Sunday, I took naps in the courtyard. I was hungry, but I found it hard to go in the house; it felt bitterly cold and trust me, I know what cold is. I grew up in New Hampshire. Eventually the sun went down and I could not bear the hunger pains no more, so I went inside.

I loved Brian. The relationship that he had with John made me jealous. I wish was closer to my sister, who is the same age as Brian. I had the easier childhood than John and Brian, but Brian and John's lousy childhood made John's bond to Brian stronger, I think. Even though, Brian was only John's half-brother(same mother), their relationship was very strong. Since Brian was at a young age, he was transferred back and fourth from his mother to his father. It was a bad situation. While Brian was at their mother's house, John played the role of male role model. John taught him how to read, how to fight and how to be a man.

John felt that he had lost a son and before he had said that, I had felt it too. This whole thing has been hard on John, until he realized that it was not his fault, thanks to this website, giving us the information that it was not pure 2CB fly.

Brian's death will not be in vane. He will live on in the people that see the posts about him and decide to test their stuff and realize it it not what it appears to be.

Sorry for the rambling, I haven't slept well.

Thank you again, many, many times over!!!

Love

P.S. John spoke with their mother this morning and she said that the toxicologist said that it was a tainted batch.

4. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
  5. EscapeDummy

EscapeDummy Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    So tragic... very sorry for swiy's loss, that is a horrific story. Was there any word on what the batch was tainted with to make it lethal?

6. Blue Eyed Darner

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Not yet but the toxicologist is aware of the possibility of a tainted batch and the police have the rest of the sample. I will say this, whatever is in there is very, very potent. I tripped for a solid 30 hours plus off of ten milligrams, even without watching my little brother die it would have made for the most intense experience I have ever had. The I.V Ativan they gave me did nothing and I spend the night straining against my restraints trying to figure out what was real. The only thing I was sure of was that Brian was dead, the rest was a crazy made up world that was only slightly connected to reality. One or two clues I might have are that it took a good three to four hours for the effects to fully kick in and there was intense gastrointestinal disturbances.

Rusty Shackleford added 10 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

L, I am so sorry I put you through this, words cannot explain my sorrow. There were many precautions I failed to make when I trusted to vendor to know what they were selling. It hurts so much to know the pain I have put you and everyone else through, I am so sorry!!!:(

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  7. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Haupt-RC has sent the 2C-B-FLY out, just before the owner of this Research Chemical company died:
    Its a very tragic course of events that no one could have predicted. The bag we have seen so far list 99% purity and a batch number. One can only assume that the batch was tested. Obviously it was not. You could not have known this.

8. Love

Love Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Female
    You are the most intelligent person I know. You should not be sorry. I completely trust you with my life. I live for you and I would die for you.

Brian made you a better person and he made me love you more.

I love you totally and completely.

9. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from United States
    I can only offer my heartfelt condolences to those affected by these tragedies. Thank you for sharing this information with us all. By getting the information out there in such a timely fashion hopefully others who have also acquired this batch of 2C-B-FLY may avoid a similar fate.

10. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Several others have indeed been warned on time and a similar fate has been avoided.

11. vantranist

vantranist Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from antigua_and_barbuda
    Its really starting to sound like bromo-dragonfly based on the descriptions.

SWIM believes it is probably a mislabeled product, not a "tainted" batch.
    SWIM would love to know what is really was.

SWIM thanks everyone who was involved for writing a response to all this. These times must be very hard and confusing, SWIV himself would not have the strength to be online informing people after such an experience, especially so soon after it happened.

12. Blue Eyed Darner

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male from U.S.A.

Thank you for saying that, saving others from possible tragedy was the sole goal in taking our experience public. It feels almost as if Brian's death has saved lives. When he first died I blamed myself for killing my brother and I did not handle it well. I remember waking up at 2 am and reading of the possibility of a tainted batch and immediately worked with my brother to contact Erowid while Love came here to spread the warning. She then stayed up all night joining forums just to warn people of the potential danger.

Rusty Shackleford added 4 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

That is where I am starting to lean myself but I will hold judgment until the toxicologist speaks.

As I said above, it was helpful to know that in death Brian still may have helped others, it is just as he was alive, always helpful to those in need. He had a really big heart.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  13. Tamis

Tamis Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Phenoxide said it all !

What a terrible accident, what an eye opener...

It is not your fault John !!

14. RatBastard

RatBastard Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Wow, just wow, Rusty/John - I commend you & Love for doing what you are and saving other peoples lives. It would be so easy for the both of you to withdraw from anything related, i don't know if in the same situation I would have your strength. You have my total respect!

Also know this , not only are you saving lives of people who may have gotten this batch but by telling this experience you are making wannabe chemists like myself stop and say - whoa I'd better make sure I learn right or I could hurt or kill somebody! - You have scared me and thats a good thing, when/if I decide to move forward with my goals I will be extremely careful and if I don't get something quite right I will realize it's better to trash a batch then risk someones health.

For this I thank you, I am not a religious person so I can't send prayers but I will be thinking of you two and trying to send good thoughts to give you the strength to get past this. Know that what you are doing is the right thing. Also know that it's not your fault, it's just what happened.

15. Blue Eyed Darner

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    I see that now, one thing I was distraught over was when I first saw the reports of tainted 2C-B-Fly I was confused and thought the reports were months old as I am an American accustomed the wrong date format. I had felt bad as both me and Brian spent several hours researching the drug the day he died. I thought I had been sloppy and missed the warnings, but they were not out there yet for me to find.

While I have for the most part come to accept it is not my fault, I am aware that there were steps I could have taken that would have resulting both Brian continuing to live and me to still have half a gram of a very potent drug that I could have used responsibly with Brian for many years if I had somehow figured it out. From now on I will never take anything I have not at the very least tested with a kit and done the whole small dose allergy test to. Also I am trying to spread the word about testing and many other simple steps people can take to reduce the risk they and their loved ones face.

16. SknE

SknE Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male

What are some of the steps? This might be a good topic for a new thread?

17. Piglet

Piglet Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    46 y/o Male from U.K.
    Testing such small batches requires some serious equipement. GC & NMR combined is the best way to confirm the EXACT nature of a chemical.
    For what its worth, this DOES sound like a case of Bromodragonfly being mislabelled and that stuff has been responsable for a number of deaths. Anyone wanting such a long, potent trip would do better to stick with DOB,DOC or better still DON.

18. moñorojo

moñorojo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o Male from spain
    If you have a proper scale and YOU KNOW that you have bromo-dragonfly and you keep to 0.1 - 0.5 mgs doses there should be no problem. This wasn't a bromo-dragonfly problem, it was a mislabeling problem.

19. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    please keep this thread on the topic of above events. General discussion of dosing and drugs of choice can be discussed in the appropriate threads.

20. uryth

uryth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    hi,

This message is why I signed up and could be quite important concerning the health of rusty and love and anyone else that has consumed this mystery chemical.

i quote from wikipedia (but it is sourced)

"a Swedish man had to have the front part of his feet and several fingers on one hand amputated after taking a massive overdose. Apparently the compound acted as a long-acting efficacious vasoconstrictor, leading to necrosis and gangrene which was delayed by several weeks after the overdose occurred. Several other cases have also been reported of severe peripheral vasoconstriction following overdose with Bromo-DragonFLY, and a similar case is also known from DOB. Treatment was of limited efficacy in this case although tolazoline is reportedly an effective treatment where available.[8][9]"

So Basically IF this chemical turns out to be bromo-dragonfly or DOB (or something similar - as gangrene has also occurred from LSD overdoses..) it could be very important that you get tested for possible gangrene - as it would take some weeks to develop.

Once it sets in you may need fingers amputated. I am worried for your health! Please see the wikipedia article about "Tolazoline"

>"Tolazoline is a non-selective competitive α-adrenergic receptor antagonist. It is a vasodilator that is used to treat spasms of peripheral blood vessels (as in acrocyanosis). It has also been used successfully as an antidote to reverse the severe peripheral vasoconstriction which can occur as a result of overdose with certain 5-HT2A agonist drugs such as LSD, DOB and Bromodragonfly and can lead to gangrene if untreated.[1][2]"

If this issue has not already been addressed then I suggest you print out all the relevant research papers and take them with you to a Doctor ASAP! Explain what happened voice your concerns. Please take care!