Side effects - Taking 600 mgs of DXM - nausea?

Discussion in 'DXM' started by roryDXM, Feb 17, 2007.

1. roryDXM

roryDXM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    if swim were to take 600 milligrams of dxm over the course of 30 minutes, what should he expect? would you expect him to get sick. if he took it in robotussin gelcap form? he never got sick of 20 gelcaps, but would he off of 40?

2. csharpprogrammer

csharpprogrammer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: 600 mg's

I have taken 40 on several occasions, and has never got sick. He consumes his 40 in less than 5 minutes though... great trip!

3. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

The inactives could make one sick, but I can't testify to that from personal experience. I asked Swim about it; he said he's never done the robo gels, but that just 15 DexAlone made him puke like a freshman at a keg party.

One could probably chase it with some Pepto Bismol, but I honestly don't know whether that would be wise. Could be incredibly foolish. Sometimes you throw up because your body really needs to be rid of something.

ECL

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:

Most monkeys with experience would suggest splitting the dose by an hour or hour and 1/2. Many monkeys with gel-caps, on that amount, end up paying homage to the porcelean altar. Yak!!

5. roryDXM

roryDXM Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o

thanks, any techniques so swim wont get sick.

6. mouthwater

mouthwater Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Anti-nausea medication dosed 30 minutes before DXM seems to do the trick. The recommended dose (or twice it) is usually enough. (Dramamine, Benadryl, Gravol, etc)

7. Salvinorin A

Salvinorin A Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

That....and definitely spacing it. You should never take more than a stomach can handle. But SWIM never does gelcaps.....Zicam + Dramamine, no nausea and an intense trip (the come up is very fast).