Health - Taking LSD While Sleep Deprived

Discussion in 'LSD' started by voodoo child, Mar 25, 2007.

1. voodoo child

voodoo child Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    I have taken LSD before but as he thought of tripping recently he thought twice about it because he had been up for 28+ hours straight. Would there be any severe medical complications if SWIM were to have taken the blotter and stayed up for an additional 8+ hours or so? And would that possibly have caused a bad trip?

2. voodoo child

voodoo child Newbie

Reputation Points:
    29 y/o
    Anyone? It's kind of important because I am still awake and still considering...

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Call a dominatrix if your I want orders. No one here is going to suggest SWIM violate the laws of his country. But I'll give SWIM a hint: Go to bed.

4. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I can't imagine it would be an altogether pleasant experience. An acid trip is physically exhausting as it is, undertaking one while deprived of sleep only sounds like a bad idea.

5. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    Doing psychedelics when sleep-deprived certainly would get you more involved in a trip, but it also makes a bad trip much more likely to occur. In my experience sleep-deprivation induces a state of mind that resembles psychosis or other mental illnesses; you might have irrational fears or delusions. That would 'boost' the trip, but make it much more delusional and the touch with reality might be shattered.

For SWIM smoking cannabis when he has been up for some 40+ hours(without assistance of stimulants at that time) was really interesting. Let's just say that he was scared of jackets hanging on a wall, which he saw partly so that there could've been a human inside. It chilled SWIM how realistic the delusion was. And that was BEFORE he smoked cannabis. Use your imagination to think how things were after he toked. Cannabis has also sedative properties, the opposite of acid, and the "trip" isn't that serious so it's a totally different story.

6. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    If you want to experience the realm between insanity and outright death, then you could take it.

I would highly advise against it, take a look here for the reason why.

7. mr. strawberry

mr. strawberry Newbie

Reputation Points:
    shit...just stay up a few more hours and youll start halucinating on your own anyway.