taking one, then taking another when one peaks? advice needed

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by reallyneat, Jun 28, 2006.

1. reallyneat

reallyneat Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    theoretically speaking, if one were to take one pretty much pure mdma capsule, and then another about a half hour later (or whenever it is that they peak) would that be okay? would it heighten the experience or just prolong it or would it do neither? someone who isnt me took two of those and was just laying on a sofa the entire night and didnt remember anything about the experience the days after. they would like to still roll pretty hard the next time they do it but they wouldnt like to just be laying on a couch, either. they dont want to take just one because then the experience probably wouldnt be as good. so this person needs advice, is taking one and then another when they peak an okay thing to do? and does it heighten the experience, prolong it, both, or neither? thanks so much.

2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The established method of re-dosing to prolong the peak experience is to take 1/3rd the original, full-dose at the 1 to 1 1/2 hour mark. Example: 120mg MDMA + 40mg MDMA at 1 1/2 hours. Always on a totally empty stomach (no food for at least 4 hours).

Exceeding 1/3rd the original dosage will likely produce more amphetamine/anxiety effects than the bliss-state most seek. If one feels confused or anxious or has amnesia from MDMA, the likely culprit is having taken too much. The average dosage of MDMA is 120mg. Anything over 180mg is likely to elicit a negative experience with the aforementioned symptomology.

1. 3/5,
      good advice, learned something new
      Jul 2, 2006
  3. reallyneat

reallyneat Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    perfect explanation, thanks so much.

4. WrtngCocaineTutorial

WrtngCocaineTutorial Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I'm not an expert in any way, but reading about it, I've read that doses are much dependant on body weight. And 2mg/kg is a good dose

So for a 55kg girl, it would be 110mg, and a 95kg man, a dose of 190mg would produce approxometly the same effects.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    With psychotropic drugs, you are advised to be looking not so much at body mass - but brain size. Surely you must acknowledge you have met some huge, monsterous guys who have the brains the size of an eraser from a pencil?

There was an experiment done with an elephant many years ago involving LSD. The researcher weighed the poor pachyderm and calculated the dose based on it's weight. He injected Jumbo with 171 milligrams of LSD using this scale. He failed to understand that an elephant has a brain the size of a pea. Jumbo rolled over dead as a doornail. Unfortunately not, in my humble and cynical opinion, on top of the researcher.

6. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    That was 297 mg of LSD. The fucker weighed out 100 µg per kg for the elephant. That would have been a massive dose for a human: around 8 mg. However, humans have survived higer doses. See 'The psychopharmacology of hallucinogens' to be found here: Hallucinogens in general
    I can't find the actual study. It was done by West et al. If you can please upload to the file archive.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  7. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
  8. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
  9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Thanks. My version from one of Peter Stafford's tomes has now been replaced. 297mg of LSD25...Birdbrains Meets Elephant 101.

10. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    hmmm. never thought of it that way :cool:

Is it total BS all that stuff about take X mg/kg?

11. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Its not BS with things like MDMA. We need a definitive list :)

12. WrtngCocaineTutorial

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    thought so.. althoug the drug works in the brain, it's distributed in the blood, and a smaller person would have less blood. And body weight gives a rough estimation

hmmm. psychotropic drugs are really many. If you look it up in wikipedia.org* it's pretty much every drug there is

* please don't flood me with neg.rep. for giving "sources". If it's wrong, just erase the part of my post

1. 3/5,
      You were worried about negative rep, so I gave you positive instead!
      Jul 5, 2006